interesting PT boat photo

R Michael

Hello all I recently picked up a small photo album from a fellow that was in the Pacific and what i can glean from the album he operated a duck. As in most privately taken snaps from the pacific I own, these are not the best in "quality". I often wonder if the extreme heat and humidity affected the film adversley.

Any way here is an enlarged portion of one photo showing a shark painted PT boat. I have never seen one like this so I thought i would share.

Mike

post-1387-1246154127.jpg

Any way here is an enlarged portion of one photo showing a shark painted PT boat. I have never seen one like this so I thought i would share.

Mike

From Naval camouflage 1914-1945 By David Williams:

ptshark.jpg

this was on ebay:

ptshark2.jpg

Salvage Sailor

I've seen quite a few photos of PT boats sporting sharks teeth. Mostly they were on boats active with the Philippine/Borneo/New Guinea squadrons.

Charlie Flick

Here is PT-196 sporting both camouflage and a shark's mouth paint job!

Regards,

Charlie Flick

No watermarks on my pics!

PT_196.jpg

Yup, New Guinea is where a number of shots are labled as being taken so that is right.

I've seen quite a few photos of PT boats sporting sharks teeth. Mostly they were on boats active with the Philippine/Borneo/New Guinea squadrons.

thanks guys for the responses and the great information.

Mike

? am I taking this wrong?

Some people do, some people don't. I do because I get tired of people taking my images and using them without permission. If someone does email and ask if they can use my picture, I almost always say yes and in some occasions even send them an image without the watermark.

Thanks, dave.

I have been in the same "boat" so to speak. I spend my hard earned money to acquire photos/albums and I freely share scans from my collection on a few forums and interested parties. I have even lent scans for others to use in various venues.

I have always un-obtrusivly placed watermarks on my postings so the interesting segment is still viewable. I also watermark just in case thay are posted without permission it will still have the "franking".

Mike

Hi Mike...exactly! I spend a lot of money buying the things I do and a lot of time researching those items. I just got tired of people lifting my images and using them without my permission. So, if they do use them without permission, they need to take the time and try to remove my watermark, or use it as is, in which case my blog will at least get some publicity.

On a related note, a friend bought the scrapbook of a lady who worked in the Ink and Paint Department at Disney's in the 1930s. He has been posting the images on his blog, without using a watermark. Turns out he has since discovered that someone has downloaded the images and that person is now reproducing and selling copies of the images he has posted.