Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

Military Engineer

Looking for a Medal for Military Order of the Carabao #753. This was for Major Harry H. Bandholtz (22nd Infantry). I have the rest of his medals and orders. I also have his certificate for the Military Order of the Carabao, just missing the medal.

I am looking for medals that formally belonged to COL JOHN J. CHRISTY. I know his engraved Bronze Star along with a few other of his medals are out there somewhere.

I just acquired Col Christy's DSM (slot brooch, machine-engraved "John/J./Christy" in vertical format). Available at $450.

Regards,

Jeff Floyd

• 2 weeks later...

Long shot but I'll give it a try here......Looking for a Purple Heart for SSGT. William J. Bell , 367th BS, 306th Bomb Group. Killed February 22, 1944 when his B-17 was shot down over Germany. Want to put it together with his air medal.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

I'm still looking for the SILVER STAR belonging to Walter E. Sabold.

Also looking for two WWII PURPLE HEARTS;

Frank C. Apgar

Robert G. Earhart

Please PM or email me if you have any information on there whereabouts.

Thanks,

Brent

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All I am searching for my great uncle captain Joseph A Errigo's purple heart and bronze star im not sure if there were certificates with them they were lost some time in the 1970's. he was captured on 1 dec 1950 at kunuri pass when his unit was over run. he died in prisoner camp #1 in north korea on 30 november of 1951 he was in the 82nd AAA AW 2nd Inf Div. he also served in the washington state guard battery F 148th FA as an enlisted man and was commissioned in 1942 and served in africa sicily and italy during WW2. i have all of the medals of the other 5 of my great uncles and would appreciate any info on uncle joes medals i can be reached on this forum or at [email protected] thanks brian errigo

Howdy You'all

I'm looking for any information, documents, variation and members of the "Hawaii Cadre" for a book that I'm trying to put together.

its the same design of my icon.

Aaron

Hi all.

I'm looking for the Purple Heart awarded to VERNON K. COLE. B-17 pilot 306th BG(H) 423rd BS KIA OCTOBER 14 1943. Would like to reunite with his Air Medal and Huge grouping of letters etc...

Would also like to find the Silver Star and Air medal awarded to B-17 Pilot John A. Long

VERNON K. COLE (Purple Heart)

JOHN A. LONG (SILVER STAR and AIR MEDAL)

Cheers.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for the Air Medal and Purple Heart ID'd to Lester R. Gillan. They were sold in an estate auction in central Indiana within the past few months (fall 2010).

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for any medals named to John Tobako, Paul Tobako, John Puskar (possibly spelled Puskow), and Ramon Flores. I have a very interesting story about Paul's medals.

Thanks.

Hi all.

I'm looking for the Purple Heart awarded to VERNON K. COLE. B-17 pilot 306th BG(H) 423rd BS KIA OCTOBER 14 1943. Would like to reunite with his Air Medal and Huge grouping of letters etc...

Would also like to find the Silver Star and Air medal awarded to B-17 Pilot John A. Long

VERNON K. COLE (Purple Heart)

JOHN A. LONG (SILVER STAR and AIR MEDAL)

Cheers.

Rob

A few more to add

Nicholas F Rosatti (AIR MEDAL)

Arthur F. Ehrler Jr (AIR MEDAL)

Vernon C. Burke Jr (AIR MEDAL)

If anyone knows the whereabouts of any of these medals, please let me know.

Many thanks.

Rob

I just acquired Col Christy's DSM (slot brooch, machine-engraved "John/J./Christy" in vertical format). Available at $450.

Regards,

Jeff Floyd

Well the moral of the story is don't get discouraged. Thanks to Jeff, COL Christy's DSM is now back with his dress blues!

Thanks Jeff!

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...c=48230&hl=

Too Much WW1 Militaria

All,

Looking for the following medals:

USN Good Conduct Medal to John S. Dry (would be pre-WW1)

WW1 Purple Heart to Frank L. Schooley

WW1 Purple Heart to Albert H. Hooker Jr. (have his Silver Star)

WW1 Purple Heart to Herman J. Siebert

Thanks,

Jack

Hello,

im looking for Purple Heart for captain Jack Norman Duncan KIA February 25, 1945 in France.

He was from Chicago area.

I have all his papers but no medal.....

Lubos

Hi All,

I am searching for an MIA\KIA PURPLE HEART for John J. Hennessey which may have been sold with a large framed photo and two condolence letters. Here is the info on his Air Medal.

Thanks

John

AIR MEDAL INFO.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for items belonging to William. H. Godbey VMF-312 USMC of WWII and Korea. Trunk with his military belongings were lost in a move from Florida years back. Items such as KaBar, .38 Revolver, flight helmet, flight suit and canteen were inside. If you have any leads, please contact me.

looking for the Silver Division Leg Medal to USMC Donald R Rusk. engraved to Cpl and dated 1937, recently sold on eBay. if any member was the buyer, I'm wanting to reunite it with his other awards

Cobrahistorian

Looking for a few:

2Lt Morris Rosenthal, KIA

882nd Bomb Squadron, 500th Bomb Group

AIR MEDAL

PURPLE HEART

Pfc. George Rothkin (my great uncle)

137th Infantry, 35th Division, Captured, October 1944.

PURPLE HEART

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for any medals belonging to Joseph E. Willoughby. He was a lieutenant and was KIA over Germany, so there should be a purple heart that was sent to his wife Evelyn.

Looking for any medals belonging to Joseph E. Willoughby. He was a lieutenant and was KIA over Germany, so there should be a purple heart that was sent to his wife Evelyn.

I'm also looking for any items relating to Ruby F. Bryant.

Thanks

Would like to find a Bronze Star to re-unite with his PH.

SSgt. Lewis A. Reeves 117th Inf, 30th Division. KIA in Germany 1944.

Seeking

Silver Star medal for Cpl. Jackie E Parsons USMC KIA Korea sept 1951

Bronze Star Medal for Sgt Elmer W Stief jr KIA 12-21-1944

Bronze star medal for Pvt Bert O Smith KIA sept 22 1944

THanks scott

Will keep an eye out for Lewis a Reeves!

hickory119th
If you are attempting to find a missing piece from a grouping, or just want to reunite broken groupings, post information here.

Our collectors world is smaller than you may think.

hi .I 'm looking for 30th Infantry Division items like medals ; documents , maps , pictures and uniforms for our Museum entirely dedicated to our Liberators in Belgium

Thanks

>>> UPDATED "Reuniting Broken Medal Groups" LIST;

Hello Guy's,

As I've been lucky enough to pick up a couple of the medals I was I seeking, I figured it was time to update "The List". So, here are some of the medals I'm currently looking for. If anyone has ANY information regarding the following medals, PLEASE contact me at: [email protected]. My primary interest here is to reunite these missing medals with their respective groups, but I will also consider parting with some of them to a fellow collector who happens to possess a greater portion of the group than I do. THANK YOU

Updated List: MARCH 10, 2011

1) WW2 PURPLE HEART MEDAL to: MAURICE A. VENNE ( MIA - KIA, Sept. / Oct. 1944 )

2) WW2 AIR MEDAL to: CHESTER L. MILLARD ( KIA, Dec. 11, 1944 )

3) PHILIPPINE CAMPAIGN SERVICE MEDAL, No. 19278 ( Awarded to: FRANK E. CUMMINGS )

4) SPANISH WAR SERVICE MEDAL, No. 7407 ( Awarded to: FRANK E. CUMMINGS )

5) SPANISH WAR SERVICE MEDAL, No. 10920 ( Awarded to: SAMSON ALMY )

6) SPANISH WAR SERVICE MEDAL, No. 433 ( Awarded to: HANS C. OWEN )

7) RHODE ISLAND MILITIA & NATL. GUARD MARKSMANSHIP MEDALS to: CHARLES H. LEDWARD

8) U.S. FEDERAL / MEXICAN BORDER SEVICE MEDAL ( MBSM ), No. 25655, awarded to Pvt. Harold B. SCHOTT, of Battery A, Field Artillery, Rhode Island National Guard

9) WW1 PURPLE HEART MEDAL to: GEORGE O. BRIGGS ( WIA on July 18, 1918, but possibly not awarded until Sept. 1958, as that's the date appearing on his official PHM certificate. )

• 2 months later...
Javelin4life

Looking for the Bronze Star belonging to Robert Bernstein. I had sold the medal years ago on ebay, and I don't know if I'll ever come across it again, but if a current forum member had bought it off of me, please let me know, as I'd like to reunite it with his group.