Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

CNY Militaria

Perhaps a long shot, but I am seeking items such as uniforms, medals, etc. listed after each to any of the following officers. Will consider other items from them:

General Paul L. Freeman, Jr

General James F. Collins (Medals/Documents)

Lieutenant General John H. Hay (Medals/Documents)

Brigadier General Carl A. Baehr (Medals/Documents)

Major General Guy Denit (Medals/Documents)

Major General Earl S. Hoag (Uniform)

Major General George D. Shea (Uniform)

Major General Reuben C. Hood (Uniform)

Major General Robert W. Crawford (Uniform)

Major General Robert McClure (Uniform)

Major General James Bevans (Uniform)

Brigadier General Signey Hinds (Medals/Documents)

Brigadier General Elliot Cooke (Medals/Documents)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking for the Defense Logisitic Agency Medal and WW2 Army Good Conduct engraved to "Jerome J. Londinsky". Of course, I'm looking for his two Bronze Star Medals as well, but neither are named. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just bought a WWII DFC named to a 1st LT Richard D Gillespie AC, USA. His Air Medal was just sold on e-bay in Eugene about 60 miles from me. It has identical engraving. Did anyone here purchase it, or know any info on this medal or vet, thanks Ken

Hi everybody,

A few weeks ago I have bought a WWII Legion of Merit Medal with the certification of Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster in lieu of a Second Award from a fellow forum member.

The medal and the certification belonged to Brigadier General Kenneth F. Zitzman with a date of 31 July 1959. While browsing the internet to find some information on Kenneth F. Zitzman I have found an eBay listing with a photo of him taken at the day of ceremony when the First Oak Leaf Cluster was presented.

I found it a great miracle that earlier I bought his Legion of Merit and the certification and later I found a matching photo of the presentation day showing him receiving the Oak Leaf Cluster and the document I currently preserving in my collection.

I instantly sent a message to the seller to inquire about the possible international shipping options explaining that I would like to reunite the photo of Brigadier General Kenneth F. Zitzman with his Legion of Merit and certification. He totally refused to send me the picture even though I tried to convince him that I would pay every cost regarding the international mailing.

I found this really sad as I know that I am not a US citizen but I am trying to preserve and keep together a part of history with reuniting the photo with the medal group I currently own. Is there any chance that somebody would be able to help me getting this picture? I would pay for every cost regarding the delivery.

Here is the link for the eBay listing: http://ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1959-B-W-Phototograph-Legion-Merit-Presentation-To-BG-Kenneth-F-Zitzman-/362374120342

Any help is highly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Bence

post-121285-0-15857700-1532370146_thumb.png

ParanormalTrooper

Looking for photos, letters, and a Purple Heart to a Ralph E Weikal, 89th Infantry Division WW1. I have his helmet.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to reunite medals to grouping of Charles TIdd USMC: Philippine Campaign Medal 277 and China Campaign Medal 168

Thanks!

Looking for the 10 & 15 yr NYS LFS medals of Daniel M. Katz. I was able to purchase his 71st regiment medal which was sold separately but missed out on these. If anyone has any leads I would greatly appreciate it!

post-26093-0-80171300-1535034342_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Looking for Cuban Pacification Medal #1207 to Captain Fred B Hoyt. I know that this particular medal was split from the group about 12 years ago at the OMSA convention at San Jose. I would love to reunite the medal to his grouping. I believe that he also had a Mexican Campaign, Dominican Campaign, possibly an Expeditionary medal for Haiti. His service file is not helpful on other medal numbers so any leads would be appreciated. Regards, Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
parsonrussell0916

To whom it may concern:

I am attempting to locate the World War I Purple Heart that was awarded to Pvt. Louis Kother. He was my grandfather and was wounded at the Battle of Belleau Wood. Tom Leonard had once owned it, and he wrote a marvelous history of that battle on this forum's website, for which I am grateful. He no longer has it and cannot recall who owns it now. I would love to buy it back. If the current owner is interested in selling this to me, you may contact me as follows:

The Rev. Russell C. Sullivan, Jr.

4385 Roth Farm Village Circle

Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

phone: (717) 580-2011

e-mail: [email protected]

Here's hoping someone reads this!

Always,

Russell Sullivan

ACWHistoryBuff

Looking for my cousin's WW1 USMC Purple Heart or any of his military items

his name was Pvt. Carl J Klemme USMC and he was wounded in france 1918

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am looking for Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal No. 22289 it is unnamed. I have the box for it. Thanks.

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for SSM and PH to Corporal Donald Perry that was listed/sold recently on Baystate Militaria. I'll make a very fair offer and hope someone on the USMF picked these up.

Randy

Looking for the WWII Purple Heart Medal of PFC Anthony G. Anirina - 306th Infantry Regiment, 77th Infantry Division.

He was Killed in Action May 4th, 1945 on Okinawa. Hometown: Mercer County, NJ

Thanks!

Lucky 7th Armored

Looking to reunite SGT Edward J Horn’s medals with his uniform. Unfortunately they were split up, or so I’m told. The GCM is named to him but unfortunately the PH & SSM are not. I’m hoping they aren’t scattered to the wind and the history lost.

Here’s a photo from 2016 when they were together.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for the WWI medals belonging to Theodore "Ted" B. Anderson. He was in the 6th Marines and there should be a Victory medal, engraved Silver Star, engraved Purple Heart, named Marine Good Conduct, GdG with bronze star, and a WWII Bronze star. Trying to reunite this with a large grouping. Thanks

Still looking

• 3 weeks later...
Collector .45

Seeking a WWII Purple Heart belonging to:

Robert P. Beisler

Sergeant, U.S. Army Air Forces
835th Bomber Squadron, 486th Bomber Group, Heavy
Died: 5-Sep-44