Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

Looking for:

USMC good conduct medal named to John E. Jenks (dated 1948)recently sold on militaria antiques museum.

AAC air medal and good conduct medal named to John J. Vail Tech. Sgt. MIA/KIA June - 11 - 1943, he formed part of 412nd bomber squadron of 95 bomber group.

Please is important, thank's.

Best regards.

Fran,

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd give this a shot...

Looking for any medals that belonged to:

-PFC John Surin, WWII US Army, 33rd ID.

-Anton(Tony) Freitag, WWII US Navy

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for my grandfather's Purple Heart, Good Conduct and Bronze Star - Awarded to T/SGT Marion D Fowler - 84th Inf Div. - Co K - 335th.

Probably misplaced somewhere in Oklahoma or possibly Kansas before he moved to Texas.

I have a Good Conduct medal that was issued to Hal J. Thomson that I would like to re-unite with its grouping or a family member.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this discussion. I never thought to turn to here.

I'm looking for a US Army Spanish Campaign Medal # 340 & USMC Mexican Campaign Medal # 566. They disappeared from Al Bolognese uniform shop in Quantico VA several years ago. A set of medals was there to be re ribboned & these two disappeared. We'd be very grateful to get them back.

Also looking for 2 Distinguished Flying Cross Medals awarded to then US Army Maj James F. Youree. Also looking for his 4 Bronze Star Medals, 2 Army Commendation Medals & a few others.

Lastly looking for any Medals that were awarded to Col Andrew Summers Rowan USA. In particular 2 Distinguished Service Cross Medals.

Purple Heart- I do have a numbered but not named Purple Heart Medal #142701. No idea who it belonged to.

Thanks for any & all help.

• 2 weeks later...
Cpl. Ralph W Jefferys Purple Heart.

Thanks,

Sean

WoW! Thanks Sean!! Was he Army or Marine Corps? Any idea of date awarded? Theatre of operation?

Thank you very much!!

Hey guys. Im looking for any related documents/ medals on Anthony S. Delgavio. He enlisted January 26th 1944. hes from Kings New York. anything on him would be appreciated.

Hey guys. Im looking for any related documents/ medals on Anthony S. Delgavio. He enlisted January 26th 1944. hes from Kings New York. anything on him would be appreciated.

im also looking for a silver star for pvt Harold H Parry 9th Infantry Regiment Medical Detachment, and any other medal and or documents relating to his service.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for the DSC to Thomas Cassady of the 28th Aero Squadron. If ANYONE knows who or where this medal may be, please contact me at : [email protected]

or my cell @ 203-494-3424.

Needle in haystack as his stuff ranged as far as Canada and scattered across the US.

Any info is appreciated.

Dennis Jackson

Looking for info on Posthumous WWII Purple Heart to 1/Lt Chares L. Ingels USMCR. I recently acquired ALL his documents. Thanks......Bobgee

My list:

PH and Silver Star - 2nd Lt Stephen Toth.

Lt. Toth was a member of the 501st Bomb Squadron, 345th Bomb Group - 5th AAF

Who was KIA in the South Pacific.

BR, Ricardo.

canadian bacon

hello all i am on a quest to locate the medals of cpl roger k adams who was 20 when he was killed in action in korea on july 16 1950

any help would be greatly appreciated

also if you have them but dont want to sell them i would appreciate you letting me know so i at least know that they're in good hands

CPL ROGER K ADAMS

19TH INFANTRY REGIMENT

G CO 2 BN

24TH INFANTRY DIVISION

ARMY

HOSTILE, DIED (KIA)

DATE OF LOSS: JULY 16, 1950

SERVICE NUMBER: RA11186938

BORN: JANUARY 10, 1930

HOME OR PLACE OF ENLISTMENT

WINDSOR COUNTY, VT

LOCATION OR BATTLE ZONE: KUM RIVER

BURIAL LOCATION

HARTFORD, VT

cheers michael

I am looking for anything pertaining to my Great Uncle Staff Sergeant George Peterson 1st Infantry Division 18th Infantry Regiment Company K. There is nothing left in my family that pertains to him and I want to keep his memory alive.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to reunite the insignia and medals of Capt. Albert L. Prosser, USN, formerly of Springvale Maine. Mr. Prosser passed away in 1997 or 98, and his estate was liquidated at auction in 2001 by Collins Galleries (Bruce Collins) in Maine. A box lot of Prosser's campaign medals and insignia were sold at this auction, and I'd love to be able to reunite these or other items from Mr. Prosser with some of his uniforms that I recently acquired. Mr. Prosser was a qualified submariner and was a WWI and WWII veteran and served in the surface fleet later in his career. According to online sources he retired from the service in 1947.

Thanks,

Josh

Looking for USN West Indies Campaign Medal #1053 issued to HERBERT V.C. (VAN COTT) WETMORE and USN Good Conduct Medal dated on or about September 24, 1904, also issued to HERBERT V.C. (VAN COTT) WETMORE, CSC # 14207. I have his Sampson Medal from USS Iowa and some family pictures with the blessings of his surviving grandchild. WETMORE served in the USN from 1897 until his death in 1933 as a Chief Carpenter, posthumously advanced to Lt. (CC). He served on many ships and notably, was only the second ships carpenter on the USS Texas from 1915 to Feb. 1918. Thanks,

post-18406-1320657176.jpg

Hello,

I´ve got a question for you about one medal:

I´m searching for Purple Heart of:

2/Lt. U.S.A.A.F. William L. Kiggins -- ASN. O-1692808. (31. FG / 308 FS) KIA 11.10 1944 - Czechoslovakia

He was the only one American soldier who died in Czechoslovakia in my hometown during WWII and I have also some books with his story. He was shot down during attack at train near to spot where I live.

It would be a great honor to have his Purple Heart and I´m willing to pay "ANY" reasonable price for this medal. Or I could trade it for KIA - 517PIR Purple heart etc.

I´d like to ask you if you know anybody who could have this medal. If it is not still in Kiggins family

I know that it is a really foolish to hope that somewhere here on forum somebody would have this PH but could you give me recommendation who collects USAAF Purple Heart here?

Who could help me to find it?

Thank you very much for your replies.

Yours sincerely Lubos :thumbsup:

I'm looking for Items belonging to Eugene D'Ambrosio. I believe his stuff has been sold piece by piece over the years because I find his items at various stores.

• 3 weeks later...

Silver Star, Purple Heart.

ELMER LOHR Medals.

I am searching for my Grandfathers WWII medals which include the Silver Star and Purple Heart.

I am willing to pay a substantial finders fee / reward in addition to purchasing these medals back to our family.

Co. G, 184th Inf 7th Division.

ELMER LOHR

• 4 weeks later...
canadian bacon
hello all i am on a quest to locate the medals of cpl roger k adams who was 20 when he was killed in action in korea on july 16 1950

any help would be greatly appreciated

also if you have them but dont want to sell them i would appreciate you letting me know so i at least know that they're in good hands

CPL ROGER K ADAMS

19TH INFANTRY REGIMENT

G CO 2 BN

24TH INFANTRY DIVISION

ARMY

HOSTILE, DIED (KIA)

DATE OF LOSS: JULY 16, 1950

SERVICE NUMBER: RA11186938

BORN: JANUARY 10, 1930

HOME OR PLACE OF ENLISTMENT

WINDSOR COUNTY, VT

LOCATION OR BATTLE ZONE: KUM RIVER

BURIAL LOCATION

HARTFORD, VT

cheers michael

still looking i would love to track down this heart i will pay top dollar and then some for it

also if you do have it but dont want to sell it i have lots of info on him.

he was a great friend of my grandfather and served with him in the occupation

cheers michael