Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

Cobrahistorian

Just a quick update. I'm now looking for both named Purple Heart and Air Medal for 2LT Morris D. Rosenthal. I have gotten a photo of the airplane and crew, Rosenthal is the 4th from the right.

Grise_Crew_Captioned_9-19-09.jpg

I've picked up a cased Air Medal and I'm displaying it with the uniform, 20th AF patch and 2" bombardier wings. The uniform has been almost completely restored, just waiting on the arrival of the proper ribbons (thanks Mark!). The B-29 model is going to be a while in the works, but should be a knockout when finished!

If anyone's got any information on these two medals, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks!

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
dogfacedsoldier

Hello,

I am looking for my father's Pre WWII Navy Good Conduct Medal named to Derrell Eugene Shepherd on back no date. It has two bars 2nd Award and 3rd Award. It maybe in the Kansas City area, where a person working at the old King's Crown store acquired it from me without my knowledge.

Jon

Hi,

I just saw you post about Ed Doering. Is this the same Ed Doering that was a 8th AF fighter pilot and German POW?

If so let me know.

Thanks,

Bill

Any Medals/Items belonging to AAF Pilot Lt Edward W Doering

Any Medals/Items belonging to Navy Pilot Beeman N Fallwell.

Many thanks!

JD

Looking for the Bronze Star of SSGT. Robert W. Kaye, 1st Infantry Division KIA November 18, 1944 during Operation Queen.

• 2 weeks later...

SILVER STAR, INDIAN WARS, SPANISH CAMPAIGN MEDALS

Belonging to Ernesto V. Smith. Looking to reunite the group.

Silver Star is probably a low numbered BBB as awarded to a RA Colonel (Retired) in the 1930's for gallantry in the Philippines in 1901.

No listing for Indian Wars or Spanish Campaign medals on the No. rolls. He participated as a Regular Officer in both wars.

thanks,

bulldog06

• 2 weeks later...

I just found a boxed an Army Commendation medal with V device and a Bronze Star with oakleaf and V device for Dewey

L. Burchfield. Anybody have any more awards to this man? They look to be Vietnam era.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for the followng:

Purple Heart and Certificate issued to the NOK for my Uncle Joseph A. Zapotoski, ASNo 33609104, PFC Company B, 105 Infantry Regiment, 27th Infantry Division KIA 19 April 1945 on Okinawa.

Purple Heart, issued to NOK for Arther E. Chambers, ASNo 34124700, PFC Company K 347th Infantry Regiment, 87st Infantry Division KIA February 28, 1945. I have his PH Certificate issued to his NOK. I am looking for anything else related to him, his service and death in battle.

Purple Heart issued to Albert Monkman PVT Battery D, 6th F.A. WIA WWI. I have his Columbia Accolade issued for his wound in action along with his portrait painted overseas and a picture of him in his American Legion Uniform along with his quite a few of his American Legion pins and medals along with wall hanger plate commemorating his service in WWI with Battery D, 6th F.A., 1st Division

Silver Citation and Silver Star Citation for Edward P. Rankin Jr, and any medals and information about this service. I have his SS No 2XXX with an Oak Leaf Cluster but no other information. I assume he served in WWI or earlier. I acquired the medal through the Seattle Salvation Army on eBay a couple of years ago.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...

I know these are long shots...but if anyone runs across these let me know. I would love to find a purple heart to Autrey Blanton Harmon USMC wounded at Guadalcanal. Pfc when wounded and later retired as Lt. Col., purple heart for Lt. Ellison Webber Poland USMC at Okinawa. Also a air medal for Lt., later Capt., Ira Leroy Myers USMC.

If you are attempting to find a missing piece from a grouping, or just want to reunite broken groupings, post information here.

Our collectors world is smaller than you may think.

I am attempting to reunite the medals that belonged to Army Col. Cromwell Stacey. Col Stacey served in the Philippines and later in World War I. He was the recipient of the Silver Star for action in the Philippines. Thank you. Joe

Looking for the Legion of Merit to Ltc Burr J Randall, Jr. It popped up on a medal auction several years ago, before I found his Post-WWII Bronze Star. Any help would be appreciated.

-Ski

• 2 weeks later...

Searching for the WWII Purple Heart named or issued to PFC Marvin Raymond Cleveland, USMC. Wounded on Iwo Jima.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated,

Gary

I am looking for medals that formally belonged to COL JOHN J. CHRISTY. I know his engraved Bronze Star along with a few other of his medals are out there somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the KIA PH Award certs for PFC Harold E. Markland, KIA Oct. 13, '43, of Dearborne County, Indiana, and PFC John J. Kilian KIA Oct 25 1944.

I've had these for years and have no idea where medals may be. Would be nice to get them back with any other extant artifacts of these forever young soldiers.

post-1549-1264773205.jpg post-1549-1264773214.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Seeking my Grandfathers, Purple Heart and Silver Star. Awarded To Capt. Edward F. Claffey, Connecticut. WWII

[email protected]

Please contact me with any information. Or "anything" else that may be 'out there'

Thank you.

Looking for anything relating to Bruce D. Mckown. I know a trunk with his name, two named medals and some uniforms and papers were sold on here a few months ago. He was from Madison, WI. and was KIA in Korea. I live just south of Madison, WI and recently came across a uniform belonging to Mckown and would love to add any other items of his (like the Pruple Heart and Bronze Star medal) to my collection. If you purchased these items form MWalsh and would consider parting with some or all of the items, please let me know. Thanks, Keith

Long shot on these but here goes.

Bronze Star for Hollis Phelps or any associated documents.

Also

Bronze Star and Purple Heart to Pfc. Charles J Brinkman, USMC. KIA 3-4-1945 Iwo Jima.

Any medals, documents or other items related to these two men are wanted. Thanks , Chris Phelps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guy's, I guess I'll add some of my stuff to the list. If anyone has ANY information regarding the following medals, PLEASE contact me at: [email protected]. My primary interest here is to reunite these missing medals with their respective groups, but I will also consider parting with some of them to a fellow collector who happens to possess a greater portion of the group than I do. THANK YOU

Date: 03/01/2010

1) WW2 PURPLE HEART MEDAL to: MAURICE A. VENNE

2) WW2 AIR MEDAL to: CHESTER L. MILLARD

3) PHILIPPINE CAMPAIGN SERVICE MEDAL, No. 19278 ( Awarded to: FRANK E. CUMMINGS )

4) SPANISH WAR SERVICE MEDAL, No. 7407 ( Awarded to: FRANK E. CUMMINGS )

5) SPANISH WAR SERVICE MEDAL, No. 10920 ( Awarded to: SAMSON ALMY )

6) SPANISH WAR SERVICE MEDAL, No. 433 ( Awarded to: HANS C. OWEN )

7) SPANISH WAR SERVICE MEDAL, No. 3225 ( Awarded to: CHARLES H. LEDWARD )

8) RHODE ISLAND MILITIA SERVICE MEDAL, 1884 - 1891 to: CHARLES H. LEDWARD

9) RHODE ISLAND MILITIA & NATL. GUARD MARKSMANSHIP MEDALS to: CHARLES H. LEDWARD

FrankEaton01
Hello Guy's, I guess I'll add some of my stuff to the list. If anyone has ANY information regarding the following medals, PLEASE contact me at: [email protected]. My primary interest here is to reunite these missing medals with their respective groups, but I will also consider parting with some of them to a fellow collector who happens to possess a greater portion of the group than I do. THANK YOU

Date: 03/01/2010

7) SPANISH WAR SERVICE MEDAL, No. 3225 ( Awarded to: CHARLES H. LEDWARD )

8) RHODE ISLAND MILITIA SERVICE MEDAL, 1884 - 1891 to: CHARLES H. LEDWARD

9) RHODE ISLAND MILITIA & NATL. GUARD MARKSMANSHIP MEDALS to: CHARLES H. LEDWARD

I just sold Lt. Col. Ledward's SWSM #3225 on this forum about two months ago. I'll check my records and get back to you.

Brian Dentino

Anything related to 2 WWII vets:

SSgt Raymond Dentino

325th GIR-82nd AB

KIA 9/29/44 Reichwald, Holland--Market-Garden

MSgt. Basil Thompson

HQ FA 45th ID

KIA 11/1943 Naples, Italy

Thanks all!

BigJohn#3RD

I'm looking for the Purple Heart and Certificate issued to the NOK for my Uncle Joseph A. Zapotoski, ASNo 33609104, PFC Company B, 105 Infantry Regiment, 27th Infantry Division KIA 19 April 1945 on Okinawa. You can contact me here or at my AKO email [email protected]

Thanks

John

• 2 weeks later...
AirMechanic

I'm looking for the ribbon bars and related paper items sold on ebay a few years ago that belonged to WWI USN Captain (and Navy Cross recipient) Kenneth M Bennett. Also, if anyone has the actual medals themself.

Looking for the medals (and uniforms) of my uncle, Brig Gen W. Skaer, USAF. Should include the AF DSM, DFC, AM, Am Camp, PTO, WW2 Victory, NDSM...there may be others, but I am not certain what they are. I know there were several South American awards as well, but I don't have the names available.

Last I knew, they were all given away to a thrift store in Texas approximately 25 years ago.

Thanks

Dave