Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

Looking for the Posthumous Air Medal and Good Conduct Medal to USN Aviation Machinist Mate William H Lansing KIA 6/11/1942

• 2 weeks later...
Bruce Linz

Hello Everyone,

I am actively seeking any information about the following Marine Corps Good Conduct medals:

No. 4346          JARVIS, Okey James              1st Enlistment 1910-1914

No. 4410          WOLFFORD, Luke Peyton      1st Enlistment 1910-1914

No. 75624         PATT, Lee Herbert                1st Enlistment 1919-1923

No. B-1016       BURGESS, Victor Edward      1st Enlistment 1934-1939

No. B-6134       BAUGHER, Loy Maxine         1st Enlistment 1934-1939

Any help would be appreciated.

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz

• 2 weeks later...
illegitimi non carborundum

Looking for WWI Distinguished Service Cross number 7645 or 7853.  Both have been associated with Lt. Joseph A. Mendelson, Medical Corps.  Needed to complete his medal group.

mend1.jpg.4dc38de3540bc74c7fc1bd2238978207.jpg

• 2 months later...

Looking for Battle of Manila Bay Medal (Dewey Medal) awarded to Lt. Thomas B Howard, who served aboard USS Concord, to re-unite with his Campaign Medals.

• 1 month later...
dhcoleterracina

Wilbur Dockum   US Army artillery officer in WW1 and WW2. 

I have his WW1 Purple Heart and Army Commendation medals. Flying Tiger Antiques had Dockum's photo's and award certificates but they sold before I could buy them. Looking to reunite. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for Spanish American War Army Service Medal numbered # 13703

Philippine Campaign Medal - US Army rim #'d 7973

Both medals were awarded to James Havelock Johnston

I am in possession of all his other medals including his named Purple Heart and named Silver Star.

• 1 month later...

The Purple Heart medal to Lt Cdr Hubert E Carter (USS Robalo) recently sold on Ebay.  No pressure for the buyer to sell it to me, but I own a substantial set of items from the same estate in Maine.

Please feel free to reach out and make contact via PM. If you don't pressure me, I won't pressure you!  Just writing to let you know that, should the opportunity eventually arise, I would love the opportunity to the full group back together some day.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for US Navy Good Conduct Medal CSC Number 35175 named to Samuel W. Barber or Sam Barber dated approximately 1913

Thanks

Bill

• 2 months later...
Collector .45

Looking for the KIA Purple Heart of 

Clayton F. Muller who served with the 601st. Tank Destroyer Bn. He was killed in North Africa. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/30/2015 at 5:44 PM, Bill_Carman said:

This soldier??

Looking for the Purple Heart Medal awarded to PFC Uriah M Ritter, 33 618 533, of Bucks County, PA. Please PM with any information.

20220721_152517.jpg

• 2 months later...

Still looking for the named PH medal to Basil Thompson.  He is my Great Uncle and know that this was located around the Virginia area last that our family knew.  Top dollar paid if anyone has MSGT Basil C. Thompson from Marshall County, Indiana.  KIA in Italy in November 1943.  PM me if you know of or own this medal.  Want to reunite with other family items that I have from Basil.  

Just now, Brian Dentino said:

Still looking for the named PH medal to Basil Thompson.  He is my Great Uncle and know that this was located around the Virginia area last that our family knew.  Top dollar paid if anyone has MSGT Basil C. Thompson from Marshall County, Indiana.  KIA in Italy in November 1943.  PM me if you know of or own this medal.  Want to reunite with other family items that I have from Basil.  

He was with HQ Battery, 45th ID FA btw.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Collector .45

Looking for the KIA Purple Heart of 

Clayton F. Muller who served with the 601st. Tank Destroyer Bn. He was killed in North Africa. 

• 2 weeks later...
Brian Dentino
On 9/25/2022 at 3:58 PM, Brian Dentino said:

Bumping......

• 4 months later...

Looking for Purple Heart named to ENS Charles H. McAllister USNR

Looking for Purple Heart named to Lt. George A. Gaudette USNR

OK Guys, I'll go along with the Herd ! Although I probably have at least 2 dozen 'Missing' pieces from numerous assorted Groups, I'll start with the following. I know that in all probability they're either in one of two places, Someone amongst us has them within their collections, or they may be still retained by one of their Family members ? 

WW2  PHM To PVT. MAURICE A. VENNE

WW2  AIR MEDAL To S/SGT. CHESTER L. MILLARD 

WW2 USN 'Anything' To CAPTAIN DORRANCE K. DAY

WW2 SSM, 'Anything' To T/5 FRASER R. WHITE 

SWSM No. 433 

I have numerous others but I'll need to confirm & compile an updated List prior to adding here. THANKS 

Best,     Dom P.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking to reunited the following medals.

Reuniting Medal Groups/Uniforms etc.:
[  ] Sheen, Lyle C. (Cpl, B-1-21, 3rd MarDiv) KIA Mar 3, 1945 (Purple Heart)
[  ] Spangler, Paul J. (Pfc, 328th InfReg, 26th Division), KIA Mar 15, 1945 (Bronze Star)
[  ] Moore, John H. (1st Lt., 379th Bomb Group) KIA Mar 5, 1944 (Purple Heart)
[  ] Kaminski, Stanley C. (S.Sgt, 115th InfReg, 29th Division), KIA Nov 2, 1944 (Purple Heart)
[  ] Whiteaker, Lloyd (Pfc, 359th InfReg, 90th Division), KIA Feb 20, 1945 (Bronze Star)
[  ] Eymer, Quentin G. (2nd Lt., 406th FG, 512th FS), KIA Dec 27, 1944 (Air Medal w/ 2 OLC)

41 minutes ago, S1991 said:

Looking to reunited the following medals.

Reuniting Medal Groups/Uniforms etc.:
[  ] Sheen, Lyle C. (Cpl, B-1-21, 3rd MarDiv) KIA Mar 3, 1945 (Purple Heart)
[  ] Spangler, Paul J. (Pfc, 328th InfReg, 26th Division), KIA Mar 15, 1945 (Bronze Star)
[  ] Moore, John H. (1st Lt., 379th Bomb Group) KIA Mar 5, 1944 (Purple Heart)
[  ] Kaminski, Stanley C. (S.Sgt, 115th InfReg, 29th Division), KIA Nov 2, 1944 (Purple Heart)
[  ] Whiteaker, Lloyd (Pfc, 359th InfReg, 90th Division), KIA Feb 20, 1945 (Bronze Star)
[  ] Eymer, Quentin G. (2nd Lt., 406th FG, 512th FS), KIA Dec 27, 1944 (Air Medal w/ 2 OLC)

I think each owner of the Lyle Sheen Silver Star has been looking for his Purple Heart for 30 years now.

Bill

1 hour ago, USMCR79 said:

I think each owner of the Lyle Sheen Silver Star has been looking for his Purple Heart for 30 years now.

Bill

It doesn't hurt to have it out in the open. Who knows, it might turn up one day!