Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

Javelin4life

A long shot, but if anyone has the Purple Heart awarded to PFC Joseph E. Kalweit Jr, I have his bronze star and would like to reunite the group.

I am looking for Purple Hearts named to the following men:

John F. Dillon

William H. Dillon

John N. Dickens Jr.

Melvin C. Brooks

Dahrl A. Lambert

Please let me know if you come across any of them.

Thanks,

-Ryan

Looking for the Navy Good Conduct to "William Murphy" (no middle name or initial). He joined in 1919 and served through 1945, so his original award should date from the 1920s, and might possibly be engraved with USS Decatur, where he was serving at the time he earned his first award. However, he may have had a replacement later. He should also have an impressed, undated, one as well.

Looking for the Distinguished Service Cross (WW2) to Frank Herlevic (Operation Tidal Wave). The family lost it at some point and would like to reunite his medals if possible.

Looking for the Distinguished Service Cross (es) to Platt Adams Jr, Edward J. Hackett, Alfred Sharff, and Luther M. Lasater.

• 2 weeks later...
Javelin4life

Looking for the Good Conduct Medal awarded to Otto Thorwald Purcell. I'd like to reunite it with his Sampson Medal. If anyone knows where it is or who has it and is willing to help me, please let me know!

doinworkinvans

Haven't had any luck in the past but...

Looking for Purple Heart, Air medal, Distinguished Flying Cross for...

Douglas V. Currey from CA

George F. Gibbs from TN

Phillip Newhouse from PA I think or Philip Newhouse

Also looking for Medals to

Edward A. Matthews

Leon Murdoch

Fernand Morrisette

James Pafford

Phillip Casper

All Army Air Force WWII

Looking for the following numbered award's for Brigadier General Benjamin S Berry US Marine Corps.

Distiguase Servise Cross #352

Cuban Pacification #205

Mexican Service #13

Dominican Campaign #150

Second Nicaraguan Campaign #20

Marine Corps Expeditionary #1955

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a posthumous purple heart to Cpl. Channing Miller USMC who was WIA 3 times before he was KIA at Saipan. He was posthumously awarded the silver star for actions at Saipan. I am very anxious to even know if his officially engraved silver star might be out there. See link below:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=61693

I also have a posthumously engraved silver star to Cpl. Lyle Sheen USMCR KIA March 1, 1945 at Iwo Jima while serving with Co. A 1/21. I am very curious if his purple heart exists.

Lastly I have a group to Pvt. Albert McGaughey Co. A 1st Bn 25th Marines KIA March 8, 1945. I am curious if anyone might have his purple heart as I have letters and other items pertaining to his service.

Semper Fi,

Kevin

Kevin,

We talked about Miller's PH a years and half ago. I just wrote the biography of one of Miller's hometown Marine buddies, Bill Bennett (Aurora, IL). Give me a call at 815-325-0707 please...

Brent Peterson

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for US Navy Mexican Service medal number 16510. Possibility with a MNo. prefix as sellers description made it sound like there was. Sold for $202.50 on eBay October 31st 2017. I would like to reunite it with the rest of the group that im the current caretaker of.

The first two photos the seller used, I unfortunately don't have one of the number. The last is a scan of the document I had found in papers i got with other stuff belonging to the vet.

I asked the seller to forward my contact info to buyer, but this is just incase they didnt.

post-152867-0-85927800-1511639738.jpgpost-152867-0-42730400-1511639751.jpgpost-152867-0-32517100-1511639762_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am looking for a Silver Star and/or certificate issued to my uncle George Behary KIA Sicily 7/10/43. He was with the 82nd Airborne, 505th PIR 3rd HQ Battalion.

ParanormalTrooper

Looking for a WW1 Purple Heart belonging to a Pvt William McSweeney, 18th Regiment 1st Division. I have his engraved Silver Star and would really love to reunite the two!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ParanormalTrooper

Looking for WW1 Purple Heart named to 1st Lt John I Wilson, I have his silver Star and WW1 Victory medal and would love to complete the group!

Looking for the WWII Type 1 Navy Purple Heart Medal of Harold E. Frederickson - AOM1C - USNR

Frederickson was a crew member on a Navy PBY flying in the Caribbean when shot down by a German U-Boat... The plane and crew were never found... Frederickson was from Joliet, IL. I have his photo and some documents pertaining to his death... I would love to find his Purple Heart Medal!

I know a Purple Heart Medal belonging to one of Frederickson's flight crew, John L. Egnew was sold by a member on here to an unknown party... They were both KIA on the same day, same plane... Sad story!

Thanks - Jeff

Here's an example of some (partial) success at reuniting a broken group. The group to Civil War Col. A. G. Tassin was broken up in a Stack's sale in 2005 where I bought the French Legion of Honor. A few years later I was able to acquire the Loyal Legion badge as well. Just recently the GAR medal in the center showed up on eBay. (Someone lost a bit of money on that medal. It sold in Stacks for $550 but I got it on eBay for only $258. Go figure...)

Unfortunately there's also a beautiful Army of the Cumberland badge to Tassin that's still MIA. It sold for $3200 in 2005 so even if it eventually surfaces I probably wont go after it. In the mean time I'm happy with what I have. It is possible to reunite groups with a bit of patience and luck.

post-10651-0-85249000-1520573542_thumb.jpg

Brian Dentino

Still hoping to find medals, especially PH, to MSGT Basil C Thompson, Hqt Art Batt - 45th ID.

Still looking. Robert keep your eyes open, last I knew his belongings were in Virginia Beach.

• 2 weeks later...
Bill_Carman

Seeking the Navy Philippine Campaign Medal "633" awarded to Surgeon Alfred G Grunwell, US Navy. He served aboard the USS Brooklyn and USS Monocacy.