Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

Did anyone on the forum acquire the Navy Commendation Medal with case to Robert W. Carter? It sold on eBay two or three months ago with a BIN. It may have been named. Thanks for your help.

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to reassemble the Joe Foss medal grouping for the family - several of his lessor medals were sold at auction last February 2015. Anyone who bought a grouping with one of those common medals included, it would be appreciated if you would allow them to rejoin the major medals to complete the original set. Also could use the wide secondary ribbon bar (Asiatic medal, etc.). Nothing MOH related is needed... just the original secondary medals.

Signed Joe Foss items and other artifacts from his library are offered in exchange for these medals or if preferred, the medals/ribbon bars can be purchased.

I know that all history conscience collectors would want see this historic grouping reunited - Thank you.

If you know anyone who bought one of the Joe Foss groupings, please mention my post and have them contact me. It will be worth their while plus help restore a historic grouping. Thank you.

Looking for USMC Good Conduct Medal awarded to "OTTO GULLION - No. 10492 - 1st Enlistment - 1916-1920" Thanks......Bobgee

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for medals and documents to Col. Frederick F. Christine - US Air Force 1917 to 1950

PM if you have anything

Thanks

Bill

Looking for NY Medals and Mexican Border, Cuban Pacification medals for Russell W Haight.

Looking for other medals from crash victims of the 1977 EC-135 Crash were 20 Soldiers were killed

78th Division

Family is looking for Purple Heart of Minnesota soldier Loyal Ogard; K.I.A. 08 April 1945 in the Ruhr Pocket Campaign. As well as any info. on him. He was a member 310th Infantry Regiment.78th Division,Company C. Any help would be appreciated,thank you,Troy Ogard

Looking for the Air Medal or Purple Heart (or any other item I don't know of!) that is named to Sgt. Harold A. Swetland, service number 6913973. He was with the 36th Bomb Squadron (H), 28th Bomb Group (composite) 11th AF in Alaska and the Aleutians. He was from Ohio.

• 1 month later...
Burkhard45

Hello,

I am looking for medals to these following two individuals.

John Lawrosky

S Sgt

KIA on Okinawa April 1945

Awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for his dying bravery

I have a copy of his DSC citation that I obtained long ago. He is my cousin and I have reason to believe that his daughter or niece sold the entirety of his medals. If you have ANYTHING named to this man, please contact me. I would love to have his items back in the family. Hometown is Gary, Indiana and the medals might still be in that state.

John P Potter

Lt Col

Air Force (1951-1979)

I have a rather large grouping to this individual and his wife. I have reason to believe that most of Mr Potters full size medals were purchased by someone else at his estate sale. I would like to purchase them to go with the rest of his medal grouping. Oddly enough, his two named Bronze Stars were not sold and I have them. Missing is his Distinguished Flying Cross, multiple awardings of the Air Medal (medal plus 5 clusters), as well as his other service and conduct medals. Interested in anything from this man or his wife, Joanne Potter (Mulhollen). They both lived in the Panhandle of Florida for the last 35 or so years and this grouping only came to market when Mrs Potter passed away in March of 2016. I believe the medals might still be in the Northwest Florida area (Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton counties).

Many thanks, Hayden

AirMechanic

I'm looking for the engraved WWII Purple Heart Medal for 1st Lt. Harold V. Sittler. I believe it was sold on ebay within the past few months. Please contact me if you know anything about the whereabouts of this medal.

• 2 weeks later...
Javelin4life

did anyone on here acquire the valor portion to the mini medal auction for Lt Col. James W. Empey over the 6/19/16 weekend? I was able to purchase the second and 3rd row of his rack and would very much like to reunite his top bar with the other two. I would be happy to work out a trade or pay the difference for what it went for. Please let me know!

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for any mention in documents of my uncle: Sgt. Herbert C. Davenport, Jr., Company F, 513th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 17th Airborne Division. ASN 34736209 KIA March 30, 1945 near Buldern, Germany.

He entered service on June 24, 1943 at Ft. Oglethorpe, Ga.

He was stationed at Fort McClellan, Ala. from 1943 through October 1944 and was in Company A, 26th BN and then transferred to to Company C, 30th BN on Nov. 17, 1943.

He started Enlisted Cadre School on Jan. 22, 1944 and was promoted to Cpl. on Mar. 24, 1944.

He was transferred to Hdgs. Co., 2nd BN, 541st Parachute Infantry at Ft. Benning on Oct. 16, 1944 and graduated The Parachute School on Nov. 17, 1944 as a qualified parachutist.

He was transferred to Company F, 513th PIR, 17th Airborne Division at Chalons, France on Feb. 14, 1945.

He was promoted to Sgt. on Mar. 12, 1945.

I have been unable to prove any kind of weapons qualification for his so far.

Thanks, Joe Seaton

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for the Spanish War Service Medal to Benjamin Hendrickson - Serial #3645 for service in the Philippine Insurrection. He served in Company G, 34th U.S. Volunteer Infantry. It was sold on eBay in June 2014. I have Sgt. Hendrickson's Purple Heart and would like to reunite the medal group if you are willing to sell the medal.

The buyer is reported to be a member of the Forum.

Thanks,
Ed

I'm trying to find my great uncles medals from ww2. They are Rosario mocciaro and Sandino Mocciaro, both from Batavia Ny.I was named after Rosario, and it would mean a lot if I could bring them home

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for the USN Mexican Service Medal 10650 and the Good Conduct Medal(s) awarded to Bernard RIchcreek. He served in the Navy from 1910 to 1919. Here is a photo of one of his GCMs: post-203-0-81279400-1471131514.gif

Looking for the person who recently bought the WWII Purple Heart Correspondence/Documents For Robert J. Ahnert 45th Division

that was sold on ebay. Please contact me.