Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

Looking for :

USN GCM to CPO Manual Bento Couto, Jr. (WWII)

Anything on First Lt. John E. Powers, 347th Fighter Squadron, USAAC - MIA/Presumed Dead, Po Valley, Italy (WWII)

Thanks!

Mark

Looking for the WW1 Silver Star Medal (awarded in 1933)' the WW1 Victory Medal and the French Croix de Guerre with gilt star (awarded 1919) of

Corporal Jack R. Downer

Asn 129734. In HQ co., 15 Fld Arty Regt, 2nd Division. WIA oct 5th, 1918.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Herman

Help please!

My dad's GF just gave me some leftovers from her grandfather's WW1 service. She gave me his WW1 Victory Medal w/ St. Mihiel, Meuse Argonne, and Defensive Sector bars along with some paper ephemera (no SN unfortunately). She only asked in return that I look into the guy's military service to give her a little history on him. His name was Raymond C. Davis, she believes he was in the Army, and he was from Illinois so possible 35th ID w/that bar combo. Any help from someone w/ Ancestory.com (or other resources) would be appreciated. Just msg me with anything you have on Mr. Davis. Thanks!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

The following is a list of some broken groups I am looking to reunite. If anyone has something on this list, I would be very interested in acquiring it through purchase or trade.

Medal - Name/Other Information

WWII KIA Silver Star officially named to Vernon E. Bickley

WWII Distinguished Flying Cross numbered 4455

WWII POW Air Medal named in official format to Robert B. Finley

WWII KIA Air Medal named in official format to Allan W. Lowry

WWII KIA Air Medal named in official format to James J. Cleary Jr.

WWII KIA Bronze Star named to Esnard J. Borne

WWII KIA Purple Heart named to Charles R. Wheeler

WWI USMC Good Conduct numbered No. 25018

USN Second Nicaraguan numbered M No. 853

I'm also looking for uniforms and paper items belonging to Major General Thomas H. Green. His items were initially sold in an estate auction in Moravia, NY in November 1989. Many items, including his promotion documents and a uniform, were sold in the February 1990 Mohhawk Arms Inc. Auction.

You can contact me at [email protected] or through PM.

Frank Smith

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a WWII/Korean medal grouping to Sgt Lyman T. Crannell USMC. It was sold on the forum in October 2012, by Kriegsmodell. It was a father son grouping, any help in locating this group would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jon

I'm looking for a WWII/Korean medal grouping to Sgt Lyman T. Crannell USMC. It was sold on the forum in October 2012, by Kriegsmodell. It was a father son grouping, any help in locating this group would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jon

PM Sent - Bill

• 2 weeks later...

The following Looking for the following medals:

WWII KIA PH to PFC John W Freis (any info on finding this PH is highly appreciated)

WWII KIA PH to PFC Tony Z Hurtado

WWII KIA PH to PVT Paul J Martin

WWII KIA PH to PFC Loren E England

WWII KIA PH to CPL Griswel Wilson

WWII Airmedal to TSGT Charles G Ruble

I have adopted the graves of above soldiers thats why I have specific interest in finding their medals.

Hello, I am looking for the medals of 2nd. Lt Glen. R Custer KIA/MIA May 4,1945 pilot. 494th Bombardment Group, 867th Bombardment Squadron. I am also looking for the medals of Capt. Robert. B McHolland KIA Company K, 358 Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division. The familys may still have them but i might as well give it a shot. Thanks, Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Still on the hunt for the officially engraved Posthumous purple heart to Cpl. Lyle Sheen C 1/21 KIA Iwo Jima to pair up the silver star with or vice versa.

Looking for the government engraved posthumous Purple Heart for Radioman 3rd Class Ronald Keith Neal (USN). Engraving is most likely Ronald K. Neal. Also interested in other items related to RM3 Neal and his service. RIP Sailor ......

Looking for items sold on ebay in 2010 originally belonging to John P. Bienia. Mr. Bienia was a Navy officer who saw service on the USS Silversides and USS Trutta during WWII. His sword (named on blade), some named documents, and numerous up-periscope photos were sold separately from military belongings. I'd like to reunite this grouping if these items begin to become available.

Thanks!

Josh

Looking For: World War One

Silver Star and Purple Heart of Harold H (Hayden) Parry. 2ND Division 9TH Infantry Regiment Medical Detachment. he is originally from New York I would love to reunite the group!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to reunite this custom ribbon bar set with Colonel Julian E. Raymond's medals, insignia, and award documents. It was sold on Ebay about 7 months ago.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

post-8847-0-84758800-1391506238.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to look for any medals that belonged to Captain (Major) William C. Yarbrough, WWII officer from Arkansas, 9th infantry division. Any help on locating them would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for Purple Heart number #292964. It was accidentally culled from a grouping that I bought at SOS three or four years ago. The dealer originally thought he had forgotten to bring it to the show with him and later decided that he had accidentally sold it not realizing that it was part of a group.

I know it is a needle in a haystack sort of deal, but maybe someone will be able to help me out?

Allan

Looking for items related to

BYRON F. KING - Part of the 96th Inf. Div. in WWII. Major/LTC and was a Battalion XO. Awarded a Purple Heart, and was possibly a WWI Vet

Charles Herbert Campbell - Great Uncle, served in WWII. Awarded Bronze Star and 2 Purple Hearts.

Edward H. Tomer - 2nd Lt. Part of the 8th AAF and Co-Pilot of "Chief Sly III" I have his Dress Coat.

C. D. Smith - SSGT in the 66th Inf. Div. KIA 12/25/44 on S.S. Leopoldville. I have his named Bronze Star.

James A. Pierce - Unaware of any info on him. He was Awarded a Bronze Star. Possibly a African American Soldier who served in WWII. Enlisted in Cincinnati.

Thanks,

Dakota