Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

Forgot two I have all the known medals from a James Bond of Pinedale Wyoming from ww1/2 except his ww1 Wyoming Service medal. Yes I know fun name. If you know of anything related to James Bond again from Pinedale Wyoming not 007 let me know.

Also I have most of Colonel Thomas A. Glass ww2 uniforms from the 925th aviation Engineers. I do not have his bronze star. I missed out on a West point uniform and a helmet along with many expensive Nazi items. Anything from Colonel Glass would be of interest but especially the BSM.

Looking for a medal grouping that was broken up somewhere along the line:

CpL Alfred Imbesi

Original grouping included various insigna pins, patches, and the Army GC medal, European African campaign medal, WW2 victory medal, American Campaign (?) medal, Purple Heart (Post hum.), dog tag, rank, and pictures.

I currently have the pictures, dog tag, and Purple Heart that I purchased last year at a militaria show in TN. The man said the group was broken up before he bought it, but there is a picture that I have of the original display that shows all the items in the grouping in a wooden frame with black backdrop. At one point this grouping was mentioned on U.S. MF as a quick google search proves that, but the posts have been deleted or cannot be accessed. I would love to reunite this grouping, so if anyone has the rest of the items please PM. I can scan the image that shows all of his items together if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for these numbered U.S. Navy Campaign medals:

USN Civil War Medal number no. # 64

USN Mexico Medal number no. # 101

USN Second Nicaraguan Campaign Medal number no. # 4672

USN Yangtze Service Medal number no. # 6048

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for the engraved USN Purple Heart and document for Seaman 2/c Robert E. Lietzau, who was KIA aboard the USS Bismarck Sea 21 Feb 1945 off the coast of Iwo Jima. I have his accolade, photos and other documents and would like to reunite the group. I'm almost certain that I've seen his engraved PH somewhere....

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone runs across a PH to a James Donald Hedgecock, 78th Inf Div., let me know please. He was an uncle of mine and had it stolen from his home several years ago. I'd like to get it back to his daughter if anyone sees it.

• 3 weeks later...

PURPLE HEART Issued to Stanley J Galgon,

I would like to purchase or trade for the the Purple Heart issued in 1935 to Stanley J Galgon WIA 11-1-18 he was a member of Co L, 23rd Inf. I am trying to bring a group back together. I have his uniform and Columbia Accolade he received for his wounds. There may also be a Victory Medal and town or city medal with the Purple Heart. I will be willing to buy it out right or trade it for with either a WWI or WWII Named WIA Purple Heart.Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,

John

Hi all,

I'm back after an eventful year. Anyway, looking for the original Good Conduct medal for my dad, Donald L. Blankenburg. He served in the 794th AAA-AW battalion. Any help concerning the medal, or any information about the unit will be greatly appreciated.

Brian Blankenburg

718thgrandson/grunt

Looking for any and all things related to Radio Operator T/SGT Daniel Joseph Young of the 15th AF-449th BG(H)-718th BS. Please message me with any related items. All of my grandfathers bags were "lost" on their way home from Italy. :( I hope to find some of it some day! Thanks!

68CEE27BF8594A2C96956270989CDAF9.jpgrw_insig.jpg

I am currently looking for a French Verdun medal and named certificate issued to T/5 Harold F Lasere, 943rd field artillery battalion, for the liberation of Verdun in August 1944. Doing a google serach, I have found a dead link to an old (and separate from the one I won) ebay auction.

He was from Saint Petersburg, Florida.

I would be more than happy to reunite his items together.

Bben

Medals/Badges of Col Thomas Lee Ridge...BnCo of 3/1 in Korea

Silver Star, Legion of Merit, 2 Purple Hearts, Divisional shooting badges, etc

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for Purple hearts of

- Nicholas Guiseppe, ASN 32951552, a medic in the 379th inf regt medical detachment during WW2.

-Orville D Barb, ASN 33628716, S/Sgt in the 2nd inf regt, 5th inf div

Ben

I am seeking the original medals and documents awarded to my grandfather, Thomas M. O'Sullivan USMC, WWI. These include (recorded in a notebook by him) a "New York State Conspicuous Service Medal" certificate signed by Gov. Herbert H Lehman dated October 31, 1938; a Tiffany NY State Conspicuous Service Cross numbered 2503 (and possibly a certificate dated 11/16/38); a USMC certificate and Good Conduct Medal numbered 70050; Silver Star; and Croix de Guerre. Not mentioned in his notes are his Victory Medal (5 clasps) and Occupation Medal. [i have the replacement medals issued in the early 1970's, but he clearly possessed originals that might be out there somewhere.]

I see 2 or 3 success stories from this thread...any more?

I hit paydirt on both of my requests on page one of this thread. I managed to reunite the Fallwell Grouping and Doerings family contacted me and kindly sent me some items which was greatly appreciated. A forum member here also helped out with some information and copies of items from P-51 pilot/POW Ed Doering.

Many thanks to all!

JD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for any named medals, documents, photos, etc. for the following servicemen:

Melvin L. Handy

Clarence R. DeYoung

Niel A. Houck

Harold E. Gooding

Paul J. Hughes

Ryan Moon

Robert R. Palik

Gerald S. Sims

Albert Cowart

Thomas N. Carullo

Thanks for any help.

Medals/Badges of Col Thomas Lee Ridge...BnCo of 3/1 in Korea

Silver Star, Legion of Merit, 2 Purple Hearts, Divisional shooting badges, etc

Still looking. Have managed to find some photos from another member, looking to reunite more of this group

A while back i bougt a purple heart document which was awarded to Joseph F Diffenderfer asn 33906248 who served in the 87th inf div / 346th inf regt compagny G

KIA February 1 1945 near Schönbourg Belgium.

Yesterday i noticed the following topic:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/154347-kia-groupings-one-eto-and-other-pto/page__hl__+87th%20+inf#entry1165540

I contacted the seller but the items were already sold can someone help me to reunit these items please,

i do not know who bought them, i asked the seller but he has not send a reply yet.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for the Silver Star of PFC. Paul Kasper 414th IR med detachment. It's a long shot since it's unnamed but the estate sale was in September of this past year in near Anaheim, CA. -Ben