Reuniting Broken Medal Groups

Jim Baker

cap_george

Looking for my uncle's original WW2 Navy Good Conduct Medal - bar suspension - engraved "Louie J. Albert 1946". Brother traded/sold by mistake prior to 1970. Thanks

Squad leader

Hello,

I am looking for any documents and medals pertaining to Paul S. Souder.

He was a medic in Co. C., 175th inf., 29th div. during WWII.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan.

I am searching for the following WW2 Medals. All of the men on this list are KIA. I have one or more medal(s) that belonged to each of these men, so I would like to find the medal(s) that are missing in order to complete the groupings. The list states the name of the soldier/airman/sailor - and the medal(s) that I am seeking. If you have something on this list please contact me. Thanks. Chester.

Medals Needed - Army

1) Earl B. Futch - Purple Heart.

2) Robert W. Keenan - Purple Heart.

3) Donald F. Lahr - Purple Heart.

4) Richard C. Lahr - Bronze Star & Purple Heart.

5) Francis D. Martini - Purple Heart.

6) Howard J. White - Purple Heart.

Medals Needed - Army Air Corps

1) Calvin C. Davis - Distinguished Flying Cross & Purple Heart.

2) Harold V. Denton - Purple Heart.

3) Merle G. Fear - Purple Heart.

4) Elmore L. Karr - Purple Heart.

5) Roy A. Larson - Purple Heart.

6) Frank A. Norris - Purple Heart & Air Medal.

Medals Needed - Navy

1) COX Forrest W. Crider USN - Purple Heart.

2) PM3C Harry S. Laponsie USN - Purple Heart.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to reunite the items of

1. Woodrow C. Reynolds(specifically his PH). Reynolds was in the 8th ID and was WIA on the 6th of April, 1945. He was from Cecil, Maryland and was born in 1913. ASN 33154720

2. Philip Paul Lightner. Lightner was in the 9th ID and was WIA on the 6th of October, 1944.He was from Red Lion, PA and later also lived in Gettysburg, PA where he studied to become a minister. ASN 13186149

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
everforward
I'm gonna try, so here 'goes.....

WW1 DSC awarded to Howard E. Madsen, Co.D 115th Infantry, 29th Division AEF.

I was given some information recently (many thanks to the Forum member who provided it..!! :thumbsup: )

Sgt. Madsen's DSC number is #5615. It would be great to reunite the medal with the certificate which I have. Thanks for looking..!

I have a posthumous purple heart to Cpl. Channing Miller USMC who was WIA 3 times before he was KIA at Saipan. He was posthumously awarded the silver star for actions at Saipan. I am very anxious to even know if his officially engraved silver star might be out there. See link below:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=61693

I also have a posthumously engraved silver star to Cpl. Lyle Sheen USMCR KIA March 1, 1945 at Iwo Jima while serving with Co. A 1/21. I am very curious if his purple heart exists.

Lastly I have a group to Pvt. Albert McGaughey Co. A 1st Bn 25th Marines KIA March 8, 1945. I am curious if anyone might have his purple heart as I have letters and other items pertaining to his service.

Semper Fi,

Kevin

Wisconsin001

ELMER LOHR . WWII Silver Star, Purple Heart.

I am searching for my Grandfathers WWII Silver Star and Purple Heart. Early BB&B Silver Star for actions in the Aleutian's.

I am willing to pay a substantial finders fee / reward in addition to purchasing these medals back to our family.

Last sold on this website in a framed grouping.

Co. G, 184th Inf 7th Division.

ELMER LOHR

Cobrahistorian

Ok, gonna go out on a limb here.

I'm looking for the Distinguished Service Cross awarded to Lt. Col. William L. Leverette, 37th FS, 14th FG so I can reunite it with his uniform.

Also, I'm looking for the Navy Cross awarded to Lt.(jg) Tom Fred Cheek, VF-3 for actions at Midway so I can reunite it with his uniform.

Looking for the Purple Heart that belonged to PFC John(nie) J Pinkston..Wounded on 3rd March 1945, Co M 274th IR, 70th Div.

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Actually, yes. A forum member had the PH/VM belonging to PVT Abraham Rappaport AEF. I had his helmet, uniform, paperwork, the only thing missing were the medals. We worked out a trade, and now the whole thing is together again!

John

Any success stories?

• 3 weeks later...
SpookyTeddyBear

Looking for any medals awarded to either:

*Harold E. Sennett† (MA), 33rd Seabees, USN (WWII) [Grandfather]

or

*Robert A. Rascon† (NM), SP4, USA (Vietnam) [uncle]

carthage light guard

I know it's a longshot, but I would like to locate both Purple Hearts awarded to Charles H. Rogers, Technician 5th Class, 508th PIR, killed in action in Holland on October 1, 1944, and buried in the Netherlands American Cemetery in Margraten. His medals and other possessions were broken up in an estate sale in Indiana in the early 1990s.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
24th_infantry

I actually became a member because I was searching for Lt. August DeGenaro online and found his uniforms and medals for sale on this forum over a year ago. I was very close to him and actually have his flight suit which he gave me a year before he passed away. August lived up the road from me in Branford, CT and was a wonderful man. I would be interested in finding out who purchased his uniforms and medals. It would mean a lot to me if I could purchase them back. Here is the link to the posting. Thanks for all your help.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/lof...hp/t121843.html

btt - Still looking for ALL of the following - Thanks.....Bobgee

Howdy All - I'm looking for the following USMC medals to repair broken groups. Would appreciate hearing from anyone with knowledge of their whereabouts: Thanks - Semper Fi......Bobgee

USMC Good Conduct Medals:

No. 302 to Walter J. Green 1902 possibly with 3 Bars.

No. 3877 to Archie D. Crosby 1913

No. 83309 to Andrew Kupfernagel 1923-1927 possibly with 1 Bar

Campaign Medals:

USMC Spanish/West Indies Obverse # 169

USMC Spanish/West Indies Obverse # 77

USMC 1st Nicaraguan Campaign #842

Any thing attributed to Sgt Melvin W. Shellhorn USMC - Wake Island defender

Thank you! Bob

BTT - Still looking!!!!! :blink: Thanks.....Bobgee

I actually became a member because I was searching for Lt. August DeGenaro online and found his uniforms and medals for sale on this forum over a year ago. I was very close to him and actually have his flight suit which he gave me a year before he passed away. August lived up the road from me in Branford, CT and was a wonderful man. I would be interested in finding out who purchased his uniforms and medals. It would mean a lot to me if I could purchase them back. Here is the link to the posting. Thanks for all your help.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/lof...hp/t121843.html

24th Infantry,

Welcome aboard, I remember the group very well. Folks here are pretty friendly and like to help each other out when possible. That said the current owner may want to hold on to the group as they probably put a lot of money into getting it. I for one picked up a DSC Group from WWI for an infantry corporal and paid 5K+ because of its uniqueness in that the soldier received other valor medals from allied nations as well. With LT DeGenaro being a P-47 Fighter Pilot and DSC Recipient; the DSC being unique in that it is engraved and numbered, the uniform is tailor made for the LT etc. The grouping being as unique as it is will probably run 3 to 4 time what I paid for my group.

Is nice that you had a chance to know him and we look forward to you positing some stories and pictures about him; but the fact that you knew him may not be enough to get the group. I personally have know Dick Winters and Carwood Lipton from Easy Company 506th, MoH Recipient Paul Huff 509th PIB Fist Paratrooper MoH recipient as well as other highly decorated military veterans during my years of service but I would never assume that someone should sell me these soldiers personal items or medals. Please do not take offense to my opinion and I hope you stay on the forum and contribute to it as there is a lot to learn and it sounds like you have a lot to share. I would normally PM this to you but we have had quite a few folks coming on to the forum as of late making similar request and demands when they do not get what their way and they have gotten quite nasty. If this is not the case again Welcome Aboard and see you around.

Very Respectfully,

John

24th_infantry
24th Infantry,

Welcome aboard, I remember the group very well. Folks here are pretty friendly and like to help each other out when possible. That said the current owner may want to hold on to the group as they probably put a lot of money into getting it. I for one picked up a DSC Group from WWI for an infantry corporal and paid 5K+ because of its uniqueness in that the soldier received other valor medals from allied nations as well. With LT DeGenaro being a P-47 Fighter Pilot and DSC Recipient; the DSC being unique in that it is engraved and numbered, the uniform is tailor made for the LT etc. The grouping being as unique as it is will probably run 3 to 4 time what I paid for my group.

Is nice that you had a chance to know him and we look forward to you positing some stories and pictures about him; but the fact that you knew him may not be enough to get the group. I personally have know Dick Winters and Carwood Lipton from Easy Company 506th, MoH Recipient Paul Huff 509th PIB Fist Paratrooper MoH recipient as well as other highly decorated military veterans during my years of service but I would never assume that someone should sell me these soldiers personal items or medals. Please do not take offense to my opinion and I hope you stay on the forum and contribute to it as there is a lot to learn and it sounds like you have a lot to share. I would normally PM this to you but we have had quite a few folks coming on to the forum as of late making similar request and demands when they do not get what their way and they have gotten quite nasty. If this is not the case again Welcome Aboard and see you around.

Very Respectfully,

John

John, thank you for your reply. I would never become upset if the current owner does not want to part with those items. In fact it means a lot to me knowing that someone cherishes August's items. I figured I'd post my request and see what happened. Honestly, I didn't think the current owner would really part with the grouping anyways. Later this week I'll post Lt. DeGenaro's story about when he got shot down over the English Channel. As I said earlier, I spent a lot of time with him at his house and its the stories and memories which I cherish most of all and want to share those with the members.

John, thank you for your reply. I would never become upset if the current owner does not want to part with those items. In fact it means a lot to me knowing that someone cherishes August's items. I figured I'd post my request and see what happened. Honestly, I didn't think the current owner would really part with the grouping anyways. Later this week I'll post Lt. DeGenaro's story about when he got shot down over the English Channel. As I said earlier, I spent a lot of time with him at his house and its the stories and memories which I cherish most of all and want to share those with the members.

24th Inf,

I am glad that you understand and I look forward to learning more about the life and times of August DeGenaro. I find it fascinating to see what the veterans did when they returned to civilian life.

Regards,

John

Red Ball Express

Looking for any medals, for My Great Uncle Arthur Bever served from 41-45 First army Ordnance. His medals are out there somewhere expically his silver star.

Thanks

Ryan

CNY Militaria

Anything WWI related to Leo Joseph Galvin. No idea what, if anything, of his is floating around out there. But you never know! Thanks.

I am looking for the WW2 items of my friend Carl L. Shell. He was with the 9th Armored Division during WW2 (gunner of the 3rd tank to cross Ludendorff Bridge). After WW2 he reenlisted in the 1st Infantry and on coming back home the first time his family had moved and his entire footlocker had disappeared. He was told it was lost during moving but he always suspected they sold it. It had almost all his WW2 memorabilia (including a german pistol and flag) and maybe it is still out there, maybe not :). But at least I can give it a try

Looking for the Silver Star named to Joseph Schlachter. Posted on the forum from a dealers site on October 26th, 2011. I currently have Schlachter's Purple Heart and would very much like to bring this group back together.

Photo of the Silver Star:

post-29885-1347542631.jpg

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
looking for the Silver Division Leg Medal to USMC Donald R Rusk. engraved to Cpl and dated 1937, recently sold on eBay. if any member was the buyer, I'm wanting to reunite it with his other awards

still looking

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have been thinking about this for awhile. I have a few medals that I am searching for.

Looking for anything related to Herman Wobcke http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...amp;#entry22981

Sucess Story !!! I bought his purple heart from a forum member and while attempting to do further research found his victory medal, town medal and stud and some reunion items making me wonder what else is out there....

Looking for Spanish American war thru ww1 medals from Lt. Colonel Reif and Lt. Reif of the 1st and 2nd Montana infantry USV. I have uniforms footlocker etc... ribbons no medals no paperwork.

Looking for the bronze star and other items from Henry H. Keppel from Vietnam. I purchased his PH SS and medals and cases in Laramie Wyoming also purchased his Bronze star case. No medal.....

I have Jack. H. Gellert's ww2 KIA purple heart. I purchased it solo in the Bloomington IL area a few years ago. Believe it to be from the Cook County IL jack.

Looking for William H. Simmersons ww1 items I have his slot broach purple heart from ww2 issue. He was with the 41st and 1st divisions.

Dolores O. Wilkinson ANC N790707. I knew her well and would like to find anything from her to go with a few small items in my collection

Also looking for Wyoming State Service medals named or unnamed. As I have lots of parts and pieces in my collections.

Especially from Willard Hiser, Ralph Hiser or Frank Hiser. All are family members

Looking for the dogtag and Purple heart for James W. or Joseph D. Condon of the 148th field artillery ww1. I have his patches and some smalls USPS lost the dogtag in the mail :( and the purple hearts where abouts were unknown.

post-11049-1349322340.jpg