Estate Sale Find

Dirt Detective

Dirt Detective

Hey Guys, Went to a couple garage sale this morning and on the way home I see a sign that says estate sale..i walk in and the first thing I see is this Norden Bombsight. Its a MK15 Mod 7. I don't really collect air corp so i will be looking to trade or sell. Hope you like the pics. Mike

post-2677-1246124933.jpg

post-2677-1246124945.jpg

What a neat find. They used these in the PBY's.

The last couple of Norden sales I could find on Ebay brought in from $1,000 to $1,400

Honestly, if it were mine, I would try to see if any of the still flying B-17's would be interested in acquiring it for one of their planes that might be missing it.

You could donate it and get more of a tax right off more than ever that if you just sold it.

Plus you would have played a part in helping the survival of US History.

If it were mine, thats what I would do, but thats just me.

Thanks

Mike,

Sweet find........man I have to start hanging out in the Valley.!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are doing good, stay safe.

Enrique

Dirt Detective
How much did you have to give for this thing?

If you dont mind

I got it for $300..the tag was $350 :w00t:

Dirt Detective
Mike,

Sweet find........man I have to start hanging out in the Valley.!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are doing good, stay safe.

Enrique

Hi Enrique,

I almost didn't go out this morning..but my wife called and said there was a big 5 family garage sale down the street..so I got dressed and ran out. Now when my wife gets home from work ( she's a nurse) she's gonna see it on the table and I can blame it on her..LOL :rolleyes:

Cobrahistorian

Wow!!!! I've seen Nordens well up into the $2000+ range, you got a fantastic deal. I believe the Mk17 Nordens may have also been used in TBF/M Avengers and AT-11/SNB Kansans.

Jon

Nice find.I dont know what a current "fair market" value would be but a buddy said several of these have shown up in oklahomafound in a wharehouse.Some new/refurbed in the crate.

Another picker found one here at an auction and he hasnt been able to sell it for $600.

RON