Captain Todd M. Siebert

ADMIN

usmc-collector

My condolences to family of Captain Todd M. Siebert from usmc reenactors here in the Czech Republic.

JAROSLAV

As a former Marine I am always saddened to hear about the passing of yet another brave young man in the service of his country. Heaven's streets will surely be in good hands! From one Marine brother to another - Semper Fi!

My deepest sympathies to the family

Frank A.

3rdBn 5th Regiment

79-82

post-832-1177101506.jpg

post-832-1177101373.jpg

post-387-1177115923.jpg

As I stare at the countless rows of headstones, my heart drowns in its own tears for the lost love one that have gave all. The old, the young. All soldiers.

But I can't help wondering on the blackened headstones.... waiting for the new names of soldiers, a brother, a uncle, a husband, a Todd.

A pray for his soul, his wife, his family. I also pray for the space in front of the headstones to remain empty and that the grass may grow green and thick. However, I am a realistic person. So I pray for my country and all that are guardians of the gate.

Semper Fi Todd.

From one soldier to another.

I will never let these heroes be forgotten or the history be rewritten.

Brian Dentino

All of us, as citizens of this great country, owe Capt. Siebert a debt of gratitude that can never be paid. It is for men and women like Todd that I collect. It is for the simple fact that sometime in the future someone, somewhere, may reflect on the courage, honor, love of country, and willingness to sacrifice that urges these brave men and women serve. We all too often forget that our freedoms and rights were, and still are, bought at far higher a price than most of us realize. I extend condolences from my entire family to his. Words cannot truly express our simpathy and gratitude for service. My childrens smiles belong to these brave souls. For my 3 kids, I thank Capt. Siebert. May he be granted the rest he so rightfully earned.

My condolences to his family. I have collected WWII Purple Hearts for quite a while, and sometimes we forget the human element to the things we acquire. A tragedy like this adds perspective and makes us remember we dont just collect " stuff " . It was once someones memories .

Rest in Peace,

Kurt

Thank you for the warm welcome. Todd's passion for his collecting meant a lot to me as well. I hope that saving his collection that he built will mean just a much to his son someday.

Todd had a wonderful collection and I have no doubt that the collecting gene was passed on. And who knows, maybe even you will decide to collect now.

I do know that if you ever have preservation or identification questions, all of us are here to help. thumbsup.gif

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Ninja R

I am a year and a half late to this information. My apologies are extended; I am not a military memorabilia collector, and this is my first post here.

Capt. Siebert was my platoon sergeant (then Sgt. Siebert) and section leader with Headquarters Battery, 3rd Battalion, 12th Marines in Okinawa, Japan from 1994-1995. I was thinking of him Thursday...I knew he'd received a commission several years ago through an email I'd sent him after finding him on an internal locator within the Marine Corps.

Googling his name brought me here. The grief I feel is unyet matched.

As a sergeant, Capt. Siebert was, hands down, the best Marine I'd ever met. He is one of two people in the world I looked up to as a role model and mentor. The man was absolutely flawless. And the best part about it was that he was exceptionally humble about it. He didn't have an arrogant bone in his body. He didn't need to assert himself -- he just was. He was that type of guy. He was never a hard a** (pardon my language) like many sergeants of his rank and caliber could be. He didn't have to. His presence and reputation commanded respect.

He knew how to be one of the troops like us, but also knew how to draw the line between friendly and professionalism.

Memories abound as I write and blink through the tears. That man could RUN. We used to make fun of him because he ran really weird -- he didn't have a runner's form -- but I don't think it really mattered because he could run like the wind -- and demonstrated this to us countless times over the year I was his lance corporal. I remember we had to swim across a canal once during a run. I have never been a strong swimmer, and Sgt. Siebert, as heavy as he was (not fat, just tall and built), swam back to me to help me cross. In times like this, he was never the type to yell and complain as a motivator. He just motivated.

He was exceptionally hardcore, and would voluntarily push himself to the limit just to see if he could do it. Once, during a two-week stint in the field at Camp Fuji, Japan, he went the entire time eating only one MRE a day. This isn't really too big of a deal to some, but the end of the field exercise culminated in a 25-mile hump. He made it.

Sgt. Siebert never smoked and rarely drank. This didn't really make him the paragon of virtue, I know, but for us, it said something about him, figuring almost everyone else over there drank like fishes and smoked like crazy. I remember he hadn't been married for very long, but I did remember he was married and his wife's name, Darcy, whom he spoke of often.

I didn't mention it in my last email to him, but I hope he knew he was the man and Marine to whom I looked up and tried to be. Capt. Siebert is directly responsible for the 11 additional years I served in the Marine Corps, and subsequently, is responsible for the wonderful life I lead now. Because of him and what he taught me, I achieved more than I ever thought possible.

To my regret, after searching my photo albums, I only have two photos of him when he and I were stationed at Camp Fuji, Japan.

image7.jpg

This is him in the foreground. We were bored in the field during some downtime, so he arranged a game of Bull in the Ring in full combat gear.

image8.jpg

This is more downtime in the field. We had a bunch of bad oranges we needed to get rid of. He's the catcher.

If any other worthiness past being a Marine were necessary to guard Heaven's scenes, Capt. Siebert would rank number one on this list.

My express sympathy is extended toward his family. His departure for Heaven's scenes is a terrible loss. If my sorrow is this staggering, I can only imagine how it is for his family who had the distinct honor of knowing him. Darcy, if you end up reading this, there are no words I can write which express my sorrow for you and your family. As I wrote, he spoke of you often, and his love for you was absolute perfection.

The anger I feel toward his murderers, though, will be reserved to express to my closest friends, as I feel they are the only ones capable of understanding what I mean.

I consider myself honored and privileged to have served under Capt. Siebert. Semper fi, brother.

Thank you Marine, for ressurecting this tribute to Captain Siebert. Your personal comments about him add immensely to the respect and admiration that was already felt for him and his loss to our Nation and the Corps. Thank YOU for your service.

Semper Fi.....Bobgee - 0302