Some new finds and questions

alexd

Hi, here are some shirts I found, Vietnam Era and RDF. I'm not that great Vietnam Collector and there are some question coming with some of theese shirts.

Here is the first, ERDL camo, poplin. Unfortunately it's used and a little bit damaged, it has only one label readable and a very funny modify:

erdlpop2.jpg

erdlpop1.jpg

erdlpop3.jpg

Second shirt is a brand new ERDL, brown dominant. The color appears to me very strange, is there any chance it can be a replica?

erdlbd1.jpg

erdlbd2.jpg

erdlbd3.jpg

Third and last is a RDF pattern shirt. The camo appears different from other RDF shirts I have. Same thing inside the shirt. It is different.

It has a 75th Rangers, 2nd Bn Patch with Ranger Tab, 101st Airborne Combat patch and a Jungle Expert pocket patch. It has ranks but not name and US Army tapes.

rdf1.jpg

rdf2.jpg

rdf3.jpg

rdf4.jpg

rdf5.jpg

bravo_2_zero
Second shirt is a brand new ERDL, brown dominant. The color appears to me very strange, is there any chance it can be a replica?

erdlbd1.jpg

erdlbd2.jpg

erdlbd3.jpg

That is genuine mate.

That is genuine mate.
This is a good news

I'm not that great Vietnam items collector and not very expert. So may I ask why are you so sure?

bravo_2_zero

It's dated 1969 , the DSA number tell you the date.

It also looks like the shirt is made from slightly different shades of camo which is common amongst ERDL period items.

I have a few ERDL jackets and you can tell the fakes from the originals.

Your first shirt appears to be an early cotton poplin version,not easy to find.All good pieces in my opinion.

RD

It's dated 1969 , the DSA number tell you the date.

It also looks like the shirt is made from slightly different shades of camo which is common amongst ERDL period items.

I have a few ERDL jackets and you can tell the fakes from the originals.

Thanks, anyway I know how to read the label. My suspect started becaus eI think that if I have to do a replica the first thing I copy is the label.

I have another brown dominant ERDL shirt (USMC marked) but it's quite faded.

But thread color is different and the camo too. Anyway, can be different lots of matherials and thread and different mfg.

Your first shirt appears to be an early cotton poplin version,not easy to find.All good pieces in my opinion.

RD

Yes, it's one of those early cotton poplin version. Unfortunately is quite faded, some little holes and has a little damage on the neck. For 25$ bucks I think it'a good deal anyway.

• 2 months later...
ABNRANGER1-75
Third and last is a RDF pattern shirt. The camo appears different from other RDF shirts I have. Same thing inside the shirt. It is different.

It has a 75th Rangers, 2nd Bn Patch with Ranger Tab, 101st Airborne Combat patch and a Jungle Expert pocket patch. It has ranks but not name and US Army tapes.

rdf1.jpg

rdf2.jpg

rdf3.jpg

rdf4.jpg

rdf5.jpg

Great shirt! Would love to see more like this on the forum. Contact me if you would like to trade or sell.. I miss the old uniforms. I need to start a new topic for Ranger bdu, erdls, rdfs, and og107s.