Enamel ribbon bar ?

1st Sgt CES

Hello again--does anyone know anything about this ?Time period ? marker ? It's srcew back --Thanks 1st Sgt CES

Given the colors, I doubt these are US military. I suspect some sort of police use -- or perhaps fire department or even EMT too.

G

ItemCo16527

I've seen this type of lapel pin before. If you turn it upside down, then it will be in the correct order. The ribbons are the Distinguished Service Cross and Distinguished Service Medal above either the Legion of Merit or Purple Heart. I'd say it's probably from around WWII or Korea.

Perhaps, but I am seeing these as dark burgundy and white and the rest as black and white or very dark something and white. I still don't think they are US military.

G

ItemCo16527

The color of the enamel is a little off, which might be due to it being scanned, but that definitely looks like the DSC, DSM, and LOM. I've seen enamel bars like this over the years at shows and on eBay. Recently, I saw a nice set of Merchant Marine lapel ribbons done in just this style.

Very nice find! :thumbsup:

IMPERIAL QUEST
The color of the enamel is a little off, which might be due to it being scanned, but that definitely looks like the DSC, DSM, and LOM. I've seen enamel bars like this over the years at shows and on eBay. Recently, I saw a nice set of Merchant Marine lapel ribbons done in just this style.

Very nice find! :thumbsup:

Personally, I have no doubts whatsoever about them representing the DSC, DSM, and PH.

• 2 weeks later...
pmargulies
OK< that's much better. I do know a Cincinnati militaria dealer who takes orders for mineature enameled ribbon bars for vets -- to be worn as lapel pins. What it the size of these? How are they attached to each other? How are they to be attached to the garment? ban we see the backside with a ruler in the pic?

G

Can you post info about the dealer? Does he have a website?

• 11 years later...

Most likely a custom made piece for the recipient. I’d guess wartime or late war manufacture based on the screw back however could be later and just made with old stock. 
I’ve seen many with campaign medals as well at SOS. I’ve a couple in my drawer but unattributed. 

11585754-0DC4-4B0A-994F-03DD5D8B9755.jpeg

DD76A70A-D9D0-4F79-B5D9-6F6BC0287B6B.jpeg

Nice find. Mark.  Are they one piece? Is there any markings?  I have had this set for as long as I can remember.  These ribbons are individual pieces with multiple mounts for making up your own mini rack. I am pretty sure these are post war, Korea vintage like yours.

A7DFD47F-B162-4143-9DA0-C5880C319E7F.jpeg

AFA616FC-3C55-401A-B3C7-AA91FA85535B.jpeg

44FB4D30-8FD5-4D6F-8F66-58D9C462D9A5.jpeg