WORLD WAR II PARATROOPER JUMP WING – M&B. B-HAM BRITISH MADE

I have been trying to get a authentic british made jump wing, and so far with no luck yet. I hope this one is authentic, Any comments?

post-6682-1245525053.jpg

post-6682-1245525067.jpg

post-6682-1245525083.jpg

post-6682-1245525101.jpg

post-6682-1245525114.jpg

Not a good one! Any Brit made wing with a plaque is not good. Also there is the flaw on the risers on the front which is one way to tell the earlier fakes.

I have been trying to get a authentic british made jump wing, and so far with no luck yet. I hope this one is authentic, Any comments?

also british made us insignia are not marked sterling silver they use a very different set of hallmarks for items that are made of silver

also british made us insignia are not marked sterling silver they use a very different set of hallmarks for items that are made of silver

Thanks for the reply, one thing I learn is that British wings are so heavily faked. What about this Firmin wing? It has the British hallmarks without the word "sterling". is it authentic? It is crudely made in my opinion.

post-6682-1245562177.jpg

post-6682-1245562201.jpg

post-6682-1245562220.jpg

post-6682-1245562232.jpg

post-6682-1245562246.jpg

I am definitely not a fan of the jump wing in question. It looks like the common fake pattern with a new twist- the soldered-on maker's label. The label looks to not be struck in the best quality either- not a good sign.

I feel that I should also say that while I have a lot of respect for Brian E, and have collaborated with him on his jump wing reference, I have to disagree with his statement about sterling marks on British made jump wings. I have a pair that I got directly from a veteran and have owned for close to thirty years which is markered "Sterling Silver." I've discussed this with a couple of other forum members and believe we are in agreement that you can indeed find original English made wings without all of the silver proof marks. That said, I would warn any wing collector to be very careful of what you buy. The waters are full of man-eating sharks.

Allan

Again, ebay is a rough venue to be learning the ropes with rare airborne wings.

Better to keep it basics.

1. learn the hallmarks and patterns (know and study your references)

2. learn how to tell the cast from the die struck

3. get 100% return guarantee from the dealers

Patrick

Hey, post number 1000! Go figure I had that much to say...