desert storm 190/91

msgt norway

msgt norway

got this bonie with the rank on,so i didnt think of it,when the usmc

was here in norway they used ranks on theyre wool cap and bonie

but i havent seen pictures of it done in other countries where the usmc train :think:

cheers ken

pwmiraldi67

Hey my friend

I see spring has finally come to Norway? How long does it last, one month beofre the next snow?? LOL

Ive got a friend that served in desert storm with 1st Force recon, Id be happy to share some pix with you, since they all road around in the Chennawa desert rail vehicles.

as for the boonie hat, I see alot of the Recon Marines wearing 550 cord though the loops in their woodland boonies.

I'll post some pix for you :) most of the guys wore the woodland for most of the tou since they were far ahead of the supply channels also Ray wore a pair of Israel desert boots with the buckle top cut off and or Jungle boots, he didnt get the desert boots until the very end

Thanks

paul

post-2472-1245510989.jpg

post-2472-1245511009.jpg

post-2472-1245511021.jpg

but i havent seen pictures of it done in other countries where the usmc train :think:

cheers ken

i didn't know that. thanks for the clarification

pwmiraldi67
i didn't know that. thanks for the clarification

funny I never knew that either, but now I look back and I dont see any rank on any of the boonies in any photos and any of my Marine headgear. although I do see em on the caps and wooley pullies or scull caps.

I'll have to dig out my Marine headgear and post some pix :)

thanks

photo is of the 1st Force, Desert Storm

paul

post-2472-1245512416.jpg

must say to you al : thank you for nice feedback :blushing:

cheers ken :)

Ken,

Where do you get your wonderful toys?????

Nice work.

T-Bone

pwmiraldi67

hey Ken

when doing a USMC Recon guy Id go with the standard M-16A2, after looking at my notes and photos I dont see one CAR-15 in any photo other than the converted 9mm ones used in close order combat, just a suggestion :)

also do you have the Marine No 8 1st aid kit???

thanks

paul

good job still!!!

post-2472-1245514340.jpg

post-2472-1245514350.jpg

msgt norway

to gett toys il have to buy,trade,find,dumpster dive,visit dumps,friend give things they find. :)

now i need a m16a1 and a m16a2 or a3?,not real! air soft

not to go air softing just for pictures and display in my army cave.

ken

paul:Marine No 8 1st aid kit? picture?

i have a first aid kit on my buttpack,is that the same?

YankeeDiv26

Ken, I'm pretty sure Gunnyred was FR in Desert storm, I'm sure he'd be willing to share his knowledge with ya!

-Tim

pwmiraldi67
to gett toys il have to buy,trade,find,dumpster dive,visit dumps,friend give things they find. :)

now i need a m16a1 and a m16a2 or a3?,not real! air soft

not to go air softing just for pictures and display in my army cave.

ken

paul:Marine No 8 1st aid kit? picture?

i have a first aid kit on my buttpack,is that the same?

Its the nylon shell with 2 snaps and a plastic case Im not quite sure what the Marines call this, Ive always known it as the No 8 or Jungle 1st aid kit since this was a Marine item not an Army item I dont know the Marine lingo for it :)

Im sure you have one already :)

P

• 9 months later...

cheers ken

Ken, there was a time, I think mid and maybe into the later 1980's, when the Marine Corps actually DID require Marines to where their rank insignia on their covers (a hat is a "cover" in the Marine Corps). Could be that you saw it done then, or in pics from that time frame.

MW

Ken, there was a time, I think mid and maybe into the later 1980's, when the Marine Corps actually DID require Marines to where their rank insignia on their covers (a hat is a "cover" in the Marine Corps). Could be that you saw it done then, or in pics from that time frame.

MW

i was in the marine corps between 1990- 1994 and we never had rank insignia on our covers

i was in the marine corps between 1990- 1994 and we never had rank insignia on our covers

I know, I was in 1987 to 1993. It was mid or late 1980's. My point is that he may have seen an older picture that showed it or may have seen it in person then...

• 5 weeks later...
I know, I was in 1987 to 1993. It was mid or late 1980's. My point is that he may have seen an older picture that showed it or may have seen it in person then...

Chevrons came off the covers in 88 when Al Grey became CMC.

For Desert Storm an M16A2 would be the correct weapon , I'd lose the bino case binos that were issued had the lense protection attached and were either carried looped on the neck and concealed in the blouse or carried in the pack. I'd also consider carrying an ALICE pack. You would befintely be carrying a MOPP Suit in the ALICE or without the ALICE somewhere strapped to your Duece Gear the harness in back or above/on top of the Butt Pack.