Blanket Roll Straps

New Romantic

NR, i just checked your #5 photo again and they are the same straps. I have not found any info on when these straps where adopted. It's only because of the Jappaned hardware and blacken leather that I placed them pre 1900 and and probably issued up to 1902. A good guess would be the 1885-89 equipment period. A nice research project for you.

I haven't seen or heard any info on the 1890 brace. Ray

New Romantic
NR, i just checked your #5 photo again and they are the same straps. I have not found any info on when these straps where adopted. It's only because of the Jappaned hardware and blacken leather that I placed them pre 1900 and and probably issued up to 1902. A good guess would be the 1885-89 equipment period. A nice research project for you.

I haven't seen or heard any info on the 1890 brace. Ray

I've been doing some searching through various annual reports from the time period. So far I haven't come up with anything specific regarding the exact date for the adoption of the blanket roll straps. But last night while searching for any info on the experimental yoke I mentioned, I did run across a brief description for blanket roll straps in RIA's Ordnance Museum Catalogue, 1909.

3703. BLANKET ROLL STRAPS.

"Taber," Washington, D. C. Pat. Aug. 8, 1898.

3704. BLANKET ROLL STRAPS.

Taber pattern. Working model Rock Island Arsenal. July 5, 1902.

Maybe this is what we have?