Great sentences

nicolas75

Great mens sentences :

I will not recall “Nuts », Pattons Philosophy about the bastard enemy or Cota said, they’re already well known

During the Mortain counterattack, August 10th 1944 surrounded and exhausted troops. Captain Rohmiller (30th infantry division) to an SS officer who want the US to surrender “Go to hell and get away of my hill if ya don’t want us to shoot you back !!”

Brittany on Fort Montbarrey, Spetember 16th 1944 Major Dallas, (29th Infantry division) . Answer to a German representative warning & complaining that the fort heavilly pounded by the US since hours was about to collapse and buried the Germans : “that’s exactly what i want”. Then as they still don’t want to surrrender ” F**k them all, let’s blow them all away !” (he laid explosives all around & later blew away the fort ... )

Manny Barrios 101st Trooper 3 days after Dday. He’s wounded and laid alone but gently ask (with his gun) a medic German officer to give him first aid without being captured

Tom Porcella 82nd trooper who replied to his Co (Colonel Mendez) that just said him “if you’re drunk i’ll shoot you” – “ you’d better not miss me Colonel !”

To be continued

DwightPruitt

My personal favorite is Omar Bradley's response to Gen. "Pink" Bull when Bradley called SHAEF to report that 12 Army Group was across the Rhine at Remagen. Bull told him that Remagen was too far south and that the main push would be up north in Montgomery's area. Brad got upset said replied sarcastically, "Well what the hell do you want me to do with the bridge? Pull back and blow it up?"

Second would be Charles Canham's response to German General Ramcke during the surrender of Brest. Ramcke asked for Canham's credentials, to make sure he surrendered to a general officer. Canham pointed to a group of GI's and said "These are my credentials."

"Second would be Charles Canham's response to German General Ramcke during the surrender of Brest. Ramcke asked for Canham's credentials, to make sure he surrendered to a general officer. Canham pointed to a group of GI's and said "These are my credentials." "

.... which of course later became the motto of the 8th Infantry Division!

Great mens sentences :

I will not recall “Nuts », Pattons Philosophy about the bastard enemy or Cota said, they’re already well known

During the Mortain counterattack, August 10th 1944 surrounded and exhausted troops. Captain Rohmiller (30th infantry division) to an SS officer who want the US to surrender “Go to hell and get away of my hill if ya don’t want us to shoot you back !!”

Brittany on Fort Montbarrey, Spetember 16th 1944 Major Dallas, (29th Infantry division) . Answer to a German representative warning & complaining that the fort heavilly pounded by the US since hours was about to collapse and buried the Germans : “that’s exactly what i want”. Then as they still don’t want to surrrender ” F**k them all, let’s blow them all away !” (he laid explosives all around & later blew away the fort ... )

Manny Barrios 101st Trooper 3 days after Dday. He’s wounded and laid alone but gently ask (with his gun) a medic German officer to give him first aid without being captured

Tom Porcella 82nd trooper who replied to his Co (Colonel Mendez) that just said him “if you’re drunk i’ll shoot you” – “ you’d better not miss me Colonel !”

To be continued

Lawrence "Bud" Walter HQ1 /502 PIR overheard this as they walked into Bastogne and passed retreating 28th men..."Holy shinola Mac, them's Paratroopers. There is going to be one hell of a fight".

PaulsAirsoftArmory

Here's a famous quote by Colonel George Taylor of The First Infantry Division's 16th Infantry Regiment around 11:00AM on D-Day: "Two kinds of people are going to stay on this beach, the dead and those who are going to die. Now let's get the hell out of here!" :thumbsup:

"Second would be Charles Canham's response to German General Ramcke during the surrender of Brest. Ramcke asked for Canham's credentials, to make sure he surrendered to a general officer. Canham pointed to a group of GI's and said "These are my credentials." "

.... which of course later became the motto of the 8th Infantry Division!

I have heard of Canhams comments first hand,Jim McDuff can tell you some stories.His father severed on Canahams staff sometime after the war.He seemed to be a quite unique officer.Jims father had some intresting experiances as well.

RD

During the Bulge, a single US tank pulled up behind a lone paratrooper. When he was asked what he was doing all by himself, he replied, "I'm the 82nd Airborne and this is as far as the bastards are going."