USMC Military Police

frederik.geudens

frederik.geudens

This has been (and still is) one of my low priority projects over the last couple of years. I've got the belt, brassard and badge but I'm sure there is still lots missing to create an entire USMC MP impression. Since I'm not really into Military Police kit, I'd love to hear what the experts have to say! ;) All input is welcome to complete this thing. (E.g. What kind of nightstick / batton was used with this belt?)

post-5198-1245079942.jpg

post-2843-1245174199.jpg

This is a shot of the top, you can see the US marking. I think these were pretty much like the civilian police type.

Frederick,

I wore that same MP gear on Barracks Guard duty. This is a tiny detail, but on your belt you have both brass keepers on one side. We always put one on either side of the buckle. See the photo. That photo below was taken in 1975.

That's nice gear that you have. Good luck with getting the rest.

Dennis

post-2843-1245176321.jpg

frederik.geudens
Frederick,

I wore that same MP gear on Barracks Guard duty. This is a tiny detail, but on your belt you have both brass keepers on one side. We always put one on either side of the buckle. See the photo. That photo below was taken in 1975.

That's nice gear that you have. Good luck with getting the rest.

Dennis

post-2843-1245176321.jpg

Cool picture! I have got the Charlies and/or Deltas. Still looking for the cord (or whatever is the correct name) that runs across your chest. What exactly is that? A lanyard of some sort?

I assume you didn't wear the MP badge and brassard because you were not a 5811, right?

And what is that with the cigarette? Standard equipment? ;)

Thanks for the input about the night stick. For some reason I imagened a short fat wooden club. Like the ones used by the Shore Patrol in WWII.

Hi Frederick,

You are correct about the MP armband and Badge, I was not an MP I was an 0341 Mortarman assigned to barracks duty, so we did not wear them. This was just prior to going on post at Marine Barracks, Commander in Chief, Atlantic Fleet HQ (CINCLANT) Norfolk VA.

The lanyard is a pistol lanyard. We never attached them to the pistol we just clipped them to the holster wire hangar.

In 1975 the cigarette was standard issue.

We had those night sticks i the guard shack but we almost never carried them.

Dennis

We wore an exact rig at Marine Barracks Annapolis, 83-85. Our nightstick was a lighter wood and thicker. We didn't attach the lanyards to our pistols, either. At one time I had several of these but over the years they've all gone away. I still have my original 'rig' however. BTW we wore this configuration with ALL uniforms not just Blue Charlie or Delta.