1912 MOUNTED BELT & POUCHES

INIMICUS

hi fellas - I'm pretty excited with this find today: '04 garrison belt, '13

swivel-type "mounted" holster w/thigh strap, and '14 clip pouches w/consistent inspector/issue stamps.

I recall gil saying about his officers belt and sword straps maybe (?) that it's the only one he's seen. so am I justified in being a happy camper about this rig? hope you enjoy looking. all comments much appreciated - thanks!

hi fellas - I'm pretty excited with this find today: '04 garrison belt, '13

swivel-type "mounted" holster w/thigh strap, and '14 clip pouches w/consistent inspector/issue stamps.

I recall gil saying about his officers belt and sword straps maybe (?) that it's the only one he's seen. so am I justified in being a happy camper about this rig? hope you enjoy looking. all comments much appreciated - thanks!

54 views and zero comments. is this thing toxic or what?? I don't get it...

david

heres another pic FWIW

pic 4 last one

post-496-1244861819.jpg

Thats a very nice find I have been looking for an early garrison belt for a Cavalry display for a couple years with no luck. I live in Idaho and don't make it to any of the big military shows and have to depend on the net and I have found zip there! Congrats on the hard to find items and theres one out there with my name on it somewhere. :thumbsup:

hey man you bet. it's been a very dry spell for me and just when ya think "how does ev'one else score?" Fate drops a bit a' gold in your lap.

I stumbled on an estate sale on the way back from the diner that had just this one military thing and it turned out it wasn't even advertised.

;-) so ... hang in there!

Thats a very nice find I have been looking for an early garrison belt for a Cavalry display for a couple years with no luck. I live in Idaho and don't make it to any of the big military shows and have to depend on the net and I have found zip there! Congrats on the hard to find items and theres one out there with my name on it somewhere. :thumbsup:

Very nice. And as far as 'lack of commentary' goes, don't worry too much about that. I look far more than I comment and many people are the same way. If I don't have anything constructive to add I generally won't just say 'wow/cool/sweet' etc because to me, that doesn't really add much to the discussion.

Charlie Flick
'13 swivel-type "mounted" holster w/thigh strap

A very nice rig, Inimicus. I especially like the belt.

The holster is actually a Model of 1912. Contrary to what many collectors think today, it was not specifically designed for exclusive use by mounted soldiers. Instead, it was designed and intended to be issued for any soldier, officer or enlisted man, authorized to be under arms with the Model of 1911 .45 pistol. What exactly are the markings on the back side of the holster?

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Very nice rig! I love the swivel holsters yet don't have one of my own. Is that a fleamarket find or dealer?

-Matt.

thanks a lot, charlie. I thought the "dismounted" troops used a non-swivel holster, that also lacked the thigh strap?

the holster SWIVEL is marked "rock island arsenal 1913 t.c.c." and the belt LOOP for it is same marks but w/a 1914 date and

"5 1 35" same as the pouches (which also have various small initials). again, the belt is dated 1904 per the pic.

A very nice rig, Inimicus. I especially like the belt.

The holster is actually a Model of 1912. Contrary to what many collectors think today, it was not specifically designed for exclusive use by mounted soldiers. Instead, it was designed and intended to be issued for any soldier, officer or enlisted man, authorized to be under arms with the Model of 1911 .45 pistol. What exactly are the markings on the back side of the holster?

Regards,

Charlie Flick

estate sale - it was not advertised; lucky me! ;--)

Very nice rig! I love the swivel holsters yet don't have one of my own. Is that a fleamarket find or dealer?

-Matt.

estate sale - it was not advertised; lucky me! ;--)

haha, lucky you! I need to start finding these elusive estate sales soon. Very nice belt and holsters!!