Is this guy for real?

PaulsAirsoftArmory

wasnt this posted before!? and we all agreed that its real on account of ABA, but the guy is smoking crack!? NO WAY IN HECK WOULD one pay the equivalent of a CAR for a vest!!!!!!

I am at a loss for words on this one.

About all I can bring myself to say is the "Are you for real?" that has already be said plus the obligatory WFT??????????

Remember kids, dont smoke crack.

Constabulary

maybe he forgot to mention that he sells a container full of vest and not just one.

Whtas the deal with this vest, its some modern Nylon junk, isnt it? :crying:

maybe he forgot to mention that he sells a container full of vest and not just one.

Whtas the deal with this vest, its some modern Nylon junk, isnt it? :crying:

Constabulary, ABA used to make tactical nylon gear until the early 1990s or so, for some reason they

stopped. That vest in question is worth maybe $500 on the outside, but the dealer has had it up on Ebay

at a disgusting price for years I am told.

Steven: I can get six color desert pack cloth, and I can find a vest to clone if you want to front the $500. :)

That vest is up from more than one year I think. I don't think he will sell it for that price even if it's very hard to find.

My car is less valuable.

A complete ABA vest usually goes for 450-500$ on ebay. If you need it only for collecting is quite expensive I think.

Anyway, some of those vests were made for Italian Navy Special forces in OD color and I was told that the original price for the kit (vest, 9mm panels, 223 panels, backpack, belt, radio pouch, leg holster and breacher/utility leg pouch) was about 500$ in the 90'.

I have two OD and one woodland both in used condition, I payed them a lot less than their price.

I'm trying to find a black one but prices are too high for me.

Personally, I think this guy is smoking crack as well. $10,000 for a vest is WAY too much. However, that vest is extremely rare and the owner knows that. I have seen plenty in black , but have never seen one in 6 color desert. I would expect this one to sell for a little more than $500 on Ebay myself. I'd figure closer to $800 due to the rarity factor. Would love to have it for my collection, but would never spend $10,000 on it. I can find plenty of "modern nylon junk" for much cheaper other places. :lol:

Arch

Constabulary
Constabulary, ABA used to make tactical nylon gear until the early 1990s or so, for some reason they

stopped. That vest in question is worth maybe $500 on the outside, but the dealer has had it up on Ebay

at a disgusting price for years I am told.

Steven: I can get six color desert pack cloth, and I can find a vest to clone if you want to front the $500. :)

okay - Thanks :thumbsup:

I didn´t know that the modern stuff already goes for good moeny.

I think I´ll start making vest tomorrow and will stop next week, maybe then I´m rich! :w00t:

okay - Thanks :thumbsup:

I think I´ll start making vest tomorrow and will stop next week, maybe then I´m rich! :w00t:

Constabulary,

It's taken me ten years and six figures, and a vow of poverty to get to the point where I can

mass-manufacture items like that. It's somewhat of a high-overhead, skilled business at the

smaller level. Once you get bigger, you have to factor in hiring people, which is not cheap

in the US. Ensuring that they're competently trained is also a challenge, and probably one of

the major faults of the US textile manufacturing business model...so there's a reason some of

these things cost more now than an equivalent item might have 60 years ago.

you'll be surprised how expensive "modern stuff" can be!!!