OSS SF Wing Find with British Para badges

Is the third wing down done on RAF blue and pasted on an Albatross wing? Or a USAAF flight instructor badge?

If it is an Albatross...that is an RAF Pathfinder badge.

T-Bone

kriegsmodell

I am absolutely green with envy. Would love to have an original OSS SF wing in my collection. Congratulations Roger!!

Here is an interesting site about the wing:

http://www.insigne.org/sf_wing-I.htm

It looks like the top one is similar to the one you have.

I wonder if this was worn by an American or with all the British jump wings, maybe he was a British or Canadian paratrooper?

Stunning!

Patrick

I could be wrong but your first three British wings look like the ones worn and manufactured in India during WW2 (44th Indian Airborne Division). Great find!

I could be wrong but your first three British wings look like the ones worn and manufactured in India during WW2 (44th Indian Airborne Division). Great find!

That would make sense because there are 3 british shoulder patches that came with this lot and are from the CBI area.

Is the third wing down done on RAF blue and pasted on an Albatross wing? Or a USAAF flight instructor badge?

If it is an Albatross...that is an RAF Pathfinder badge.

T-Bone

It appears to be a piece of brass with a pinback and has had holes put through it so the jump wing could be sewn to it. I don't think it is another wing.

Found today in an antiqe shop. I will let the photos speak for themselves.

post-2609-1244581220.jpg

post-2609-1244581239.jpg

I forgot to mention that this find was extra special as today is my birthday !!!!

I forgot to mention that this find was extra special as today is my birthday !!!!

Well...Happy Birthyday!!! You seem to have found a hell of a birthday gift for yourself!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Arch

John Cooper

Thanks for posting this rare beauty. Outside of the link posted by patrick I have not seen another. Anyone have any period photos of it in wear?

John