"Angus & Coote" US AAF sterling pilot's wing - restrike

joshypogi

To my eye this looks like one of the recent restrikes and not a period piece. The pin isn't quite right and the detail is a little too perfect when compared to the wartime pieces. I know it sounds odd to say the restrike is "more perfect" than the original but that appears to be the case with these new A&C wings that seem to be hitting the market in force. Here's some shots of a period wing for comparison.

Angus_CooteAAFPilotfrtlg.JPG

Angus_CooteAAFPilotbcklg.JPG

John Cooper

The sad think is that a Ebay deal that I posted an auction # for a similar wing which sold for a few hundred has another exactly the same currently up for sale. I find it hard to swallow that he does not know the truth.

Ebay has become flooded with this specific maker yet they still seem to sell for hundreds of $$$

John

• 2 weeks later...
To my eye this looks like one of the recent restrikes and not a period piece. The pin isn't quite right and the detail is a little too perfect when compared to the wartime pieces. I know it sounds odd to say the restrike is "more perfect" than the original but that appears to be the case with these new A&C wings that seem to be hitting the market in force. Here's some shots of a period wing for comparison.

Angus_CooteAAFPilotfrtlg.JPG

Angus_CooteAAFPilotbcklg.JPG

Hello bschwartz,

What about this one? I hope this is origial, Does Anybody have any comments on this one..

Sincerely,

Jason

post-6682-1245567913.jpg

Jason,

To my eye that one looks a lot better than the first one. I'd be comfortable having the latest one you posted (#6) in my collection. I believe it's a period piece.

Bob