Some LRRP Action

MiG

So here is the second part of or czech photoshooting :)

LRRP01%20(Large).jpg

I don't ever remember seeing Chuck wearing such stylish shoes. :hapy0003:

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Cover up the blonde hair and camo up the white skin. camoflauge covers inside the ears, back of the neck, hands, forearms and any skin that might get exposed. It will get rubbed off and sweated off, but LRRP's regularly upgraded their camoflauge because their lives depended upon being invisible. Kinda like not crossing a large open space, aka danger area.

Don't hold your weapons like current soldiers. They use special slings to keep the buttstocks near their soldier a high ready firing position (or whatever they call it now).

If you're going to cross a large field in a File Formation then you should alternate weapon direction so that you can cover fields of fire in a 360 degree area. Unless of course the threat is only going to come from the direction you are all pointing your weapons. :think:

Vietnam LRRPS rarely carried the LAW rocket due to it encumbering them. I carried one and the band kept coming off. It was loud and hard to get through the jungle with.

If LRRPS just performed an ambush on the "VC" they would strip search him/her. If they came upon an armed body then they would likely leave it alone. Taking off the hat or moving anything would likely trigger a booby trap or ambush.

Hope this helps with tactics.

Rock

If you are gong to carry LAWs, put them inside a rucksack, vertically with on end sticking out topside. LRRPs I knew DI|D carry a few LAWs, to use as "ambush breakers". That is, if the team came under fire of an organized, flanking type, they would pop a couple LAWs in the direction of that base of fire in hopes of stunning and disrupting the enemy fire while they broke contact (RAN -- to a pre-established rally point).

Also they liked Claymores, so add some Claymore bags.

Using olive green bandages as head rags was common, in lieu of boonie hats.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo
If you are gong to carry LAWs, put them inside a rucksack, vertically with on end sticking out topside. LRRPs I knew DI|D carry a few LAWs, to use as "ambush breakers". That is, if the team came under fire of an organized, flanking type, they would pop a couple LAWs in the direction of that base of fire in hopes of stunning and disrupting the enemy fire while they broke contact (RAN -- to a pre-established rally point).

Claymores, C-4 explosives with cs powder, lots of hand grenades, WP grenades and smoke. Nearly all LRRP's carried back up weapons that were complementary to the team (M-79, SMG's, etc.) The Team Leader and ATL would carry their own radio's plus each member usually carried an emergency back up radio.

There's so much more.

Rock

pwmiraldi67

If I could just add also Please Please Please NO Conical hats on your VC!! You'll never see VC Main force VC combatants with those hats, thats a civilian hat, get urself a black boonie, or pith helmet or reed helmet.

paul

Do you have any pictures of the way the LAWs are mounted in the LW Rucksack, would love to see one.

Jason

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo
Do you have any pictures of the way the LAWs are mounted in the LW Rucksack, would love to see one.

Jason

Place the LAW facing upward inside the rucksack and sticking out the flap. The LAW will be straight up and down.

ROck