Post WW2 chevrons?

cattaraugus

Captainofthe7th

White/silver Rayon, bevo'd or embroidered on blue/black twill. I believe they fall under the M1942 denomination. You see them in service from 1942 until the end of the war, occupation period, and spotted occurrences in Korea.

These were designed with the intent of replacing other chevrons in circulation, since these matches winter, summer, wool, khaki, and HBT uniforms.

Rob

Bingo! Note the varients between the PFC chevron (which appears to be silver cotton weave) and the rest, which are a 'flat' stitch in both look and design.

The US gov't had chevrons coming out it's ears during WWII with a number of varients, summer, winter, 'dress', etc. It makes it fun if you are a chevron collector to try and find all the varients of each type.

Bingo! Note the varients between the PFC chevron (which appears to be silver cotton weave) and the rest, which are a 'flat' stitch in both look and design.

The US gov't had chevrons coming out it's ears during WWII with a number of varients, summer, winter, 'dress', etc. It makes it fun if you are a chevron collector to try and find all the varients of each type.

I have been working on that for a few years now. I just made a large purchase this past weekend. There are a lot of repros coming out now. I just bought a set of master sgt strips labeled as original, but I am 90% sure they are fake.

Me too. I never realized that they were making fake WWII chevrons....geez...

Check out At The Front's website:

http://www.atthefront.com/us_insig_rank.htm

They make some really good looking repros. (Too bad they don't mark them as repros.) The ironic thing is, originals can be easily found/bought for a fraction of the cost of their repro's.

Kurt