Aviators Uniform Group (Unnamed)

My perspective exactly!!! I missed a 20th aero grouping because the friend who had it (trunk & all) did not think I would like it because of the condition!! I corrected this misconception right away.

Charlie W.

I have a listing for Silcott, Arthur E., RMA, 2/Lt. from Catlettsburg, KY. The list is the J.J. Smith "List of Airplane Pilot Officers of the United States Army Air Service Commissioned Prior to 12 November 1918".

He is also listed in J.J. Sloan's book "Wings of Honor" on p. 387: HE WAS POSTED TO THE 85th AERO SQUADRON FROM 10/24/18 TILL THE ARMISTICE.

CONGRATULATIONS MY MAN YOU HAVE A COMBAT SQUADRON AVIATOR GROUPING!!!!! SO I WOULD NOT SWEAT THE CONDITION!!!!!!

Charlie W.

Catlettsburg, Kentucky is the county seat of Boyd County. LOL...that is the same county I live in and is 5 miles from my house! It is a small world.

Next question...does anyone know if this 2nd Lt. Silcott ever flew planes for Pancho Villa during the Mexican Revolution? If so....I might have some pictures you'd be VERY interested in seeing.

Arch

I found the black light but its not quit bright enough. I will probably have to remove the tag to read it.

Bill

I wouldn't remove anything. You don't know what you have. Rather than taking things off....sell it to me as is. :thumbsup:

I got a badly trashed and mothed uniform from a friend's family. I almost trashed it until I discovered the neme inside. It belonged to LT William Cullen, 308th Regiment, 77th Division....the Lost Battalion.

I wouldn't remove anything. You don't know what you have. Rather than taking things off....sell it to me as is. :thumbsup:

I got a badly trashed and mothed uniform from a friend's family. I almost trashed it until I discovered the neme inside. It belonged to LT William Cullen, 308th Regiment, 77th Division....the Lost Battalion.

It has never even been a consideration. I would never consider parting it out or splitting it up.

Bill

It has never even been a consideration. I would never consider parting it out or splitting it up.

Bill

I think Bill may have been referring to your: "removing the tag to read it..." statement. I wholeheartedly agree with Bill here, if you remove that tag you could bring the provenance of the uniform into question so, please leave it attached.

I think Bill may have been referring to your: "removing the tag to read it..." statement. I wholeheartedly agree with Bill here, if you remove that tag you could bring the provenance of the uniform into question so, please leave it attached.

I see! Did not have to as the name is on one of the belts. If it would have been more obvious It would have bitten me.

Thanks!

Bill