Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Hi Guys

I just jumped on .

The shirt in question is a light weight Tiger shirt and from the photos looks as good as gold to me .

It has a real nice bleed through from the dark ink which is a good sign .

My first piece of tiger was this pattern in 1984 and when I got it could not believe that any military uniform was made in this paperweight fabric!!

the buttons are also thin ,so to a new collector who has only seen a couple of pieces or only handeled silver or modern cammo uniforms it must be weird .

B20 your suit is a heavy weight and is a completly different .

all the best

o

Hello,

Thanks for your comments guy, I'm very happy to know that I can still to make the difference between good and repro tiger.

Very nice items from Satcong, late war pattern, even if they are not the most desirable like gold pattern, are widely used in all theatres operations in SE Asia and make a very good display

Cheers

Hey Guys

I will get into posting my War room next week so untill then here is a wee sample shot,

I have about 22 fully dressed dudes all covering the story of 20th century camouflage that I think is cool to me.

There are alot of gaps but I have 7 tiger guys.

I change guys around sometimes depending on my mood.

The problem usually being original uniforms run small and the guys run big!!!

Spike the first one is for you!!

All the best

o

post-2009-1216340262.jpg

nguoi tien su

ARGH ! I am going to faint !!!!

It really looks great !!!

Since your nickname is Kammo-man and not TS-man, I wonder what the rest is going to be !!!

Nice stuff also from Spike and Sat Cong !

NTS

bravo_2_zero
B20 your suit is a heavy weight and is a completely different .

all the best

o

I don't think it is, it's lighter in physical weight than a t-shirt , honestly it's incredibly fly away material.

Hello all,

here is the first set of tigers i ever bought.

Nothing terribly exciting, rare or unusual in the garments, in fact the shirt and trousers are arguably the most common pattern.

Both are an Asian large incidentally and there is room to spare on a mannequin.

I like them though.

Since your nickname is Kammo-man and not TS-man, I wonder what the rest is going to be !!!

A little mis-direction and modesty in the choice of name...Owen owns and has owned some amazing items.

Patrick.

post-109-1216752557.jpg

Hi,

My friend told me that his English buyer changed his mind and keep the shirt, all his suspicsions were cleared thanks for the opinions of you all.

Thanks all for your help guys.

I will try to put some of my displays in tiger stripe

Hi Guys

I just jumped on .

The shirt in question is a light weight Tiger shirt and from the photos looks as good as gold to me .

It has a real nice bleed through from the dark ink which is a good sign .

My first piece of tiger was this pattern in 1984 and when I got it could not believe that any military uniform was made in this paperweight fabric!!

the buttons are also thin ,so to a new collector who has only seen a couple of pieces or only handeled silver or modern cammo uniforms it must be weird .

B20 your suit is a heavy weight and is a completly different .

all the best

o

Nice shirt,

I wish I bought it from you.

One light-weight shirt that I used to have in my collection.

post-467-1216761886.jpg

My M58 set, already shown but this time it put it in the manekin, I think this one was made in Japan and first used by some Marines Advisors. About the pants, they look rather like OG-107 with cargo pockets thann M58 USMC pants. But all the buttons match between shirt and pants, so I suppose they are made in the same time.

post-1523-1216845906.jpg

Intresting Pants indeed .

Do thet have any markings to the interior?

Viet marine garments are usually stamped .

Anything?

all the best

o

Here is a Viet cut Tiger shirt with a added pocket US style to theleft sleeve..

There is also a China Boy patch added to the left pocket .

The pocket has been half removed and resewn in typical fashion.

The scarf is typical manufacture and has a name of the original manufacturers bolt of material to one end of its selvedge.

This shitr has a real nice purple fade to it .

post-2009-1216944435.jpg

Here is a Viet cut Tiger shirt with a added pocket US style to theleft sleeve..

There is also a China Boy patch added to the left pocket .

The pocket has been half removed and resewn in typical fashion.

The scarf is typical manufacture and has a name of the original manufacturers bolt of material to one end of its selvedge.

This shitr has a real nice purple fade to it .

post-2009-1216944964.jpg

Here is one of my funny Tiger shots showing that even old bald men can wear Tigerstripes in country back in the day!!!!!!!!!

all the best

o

post-2009-1216945294.jpg

Here is a nice hand tinted photo that looks like an earily shot to me showing the soft side of war with nice little flowers and rocks.

AAAAAHHHHHH , its time to go to bed with my furry bunny and dream about unicorns.

All the best

Kammo man

post-2009-1216945330.jpg

My Tiger stripe shirt.

OK I know, I am a late comer to Tigers.

Late War Light War Dense.

U.S M it measures out to 23in armpit to armpit.

It is hardly faded or used, though there is a fade on the back where a pack or web gear was worn.

It came from Jason Hardy.

uniforms203-2.jpg

Grizzly Adams
And almost all tailors shops in Vietnam and other Countries of SEA had material rolls of these patterns to make uniforms, tours jackets, bush jackets, bonnie hats... They also made copy of these patterns.

If you have Tiger Stripes uniforms, please share, I'm very interested to see this. I will post some of mine in the few next days,

Cheers

Well, I don't have any now, but I had some during the war. The only ones I saw where obtained from local tailor shops - never through any form of procurement, AFAIK. I purchased mine from a shop in Saigon. Wish I had not given them to the kids to play with! crying.gif