Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Hey Pluto .

What up and welcome to Tiger land !!!

It is a pity the patches are removed from your jacket .

Still a nice 47-53 .

Some of the french boys on this forum have some cool cammo photos so we will see some fantastic Lizard -tiger - ERDL combos comming .

Do you have anyother pieces from this jacket grouping ?

o

Hello Pluto,

i have a named 47/53 to a SF/Team 162/UITG FANK member that has the same multi-ownership traits.

My jacket is triple named to include a Vietnamese, they would indeed appear to have been prized garments.

Patrick.

Hi,

Here the pic of Tiger Jacket like shown by Beo Gam few posts above. Even all patches are fake, and the jacket was sold by Easycollectibles, the jacket is legit, the cut is like the French Airborne jacket (but with many simplifications) with zpped pocket, central zipper

post-1523-1234306623.jpg

Here is a mint large size 47-53 that I had in my collection .

Sadly it is long gone but you can see a stunning example of pre -Tigerstripe camouflage .

Again this is one of my old photos .

Cop

That jacket is the same custom pattern as my tigerstripe beret .

owen

post-2009-1234371904.jpg

Also in my pictures is a VNMC 2nd shirt .

This went to the a large USMC collector years ago called Dan Whitten .

He had the biggest VNMC advisor collection I have EVER seen .

I was talked out of this shirt after many years .

But it went to a great home .

This shirt was in the light weight poplin and had tan buttons .

PactriK .

I thought you would have enjoyed the custom Lizard sets .

owen

post-2009-1234372292.jpg

Patrick ,

I thought you would have enjoyed the custom Lizard sets .

owen

Hello Owen,

i did and i am...it's more of a quiet appreciation in this hectic pre-show fortnight!

Patrick.

Hello again

curious how all of the French jackets in question here seem to be the 53 model, not the earlier 51 model. Yet, in most French photos of late Indochine the 51 model is what is in use. Do you suppose that stocks of the 53 were sent to Indochine, not used, and then absorbed by SVN ?

Pluto

I think that is pretty much it .

Remember a-lot wound up in the North !!!!

For me the 51 is the better jacket .

As the 51 issue did not last to long ,the 53 seems to be the more common piece .

It is funny you do not see much 56s as France pretty much had bailed by then .

I am sure our French members can shed more light on this , rather than a Paddy from Belfast !!!

owen

Hi,

I think most of 53 model were sent to Israeli and left in Vietnam after the departure of French from Indochina. After the short transistion with 54 model in order to simplify the design, 56 model were widely produced and used in Algeria.

Unlike Vietnamese (only style consideration), French paratroopers disliked the "beaver tail", and always cut it, the later models 54.56 didn't have it

Hi all,

Here is a beauctiful late war pattern that brown stripes were washed out and became green. I think that the pocket on the left sleeve was added but the sewingand cosntruction look very insdutrial, maybe a new cut for the tiger world :D. Size is rather for western body (very high) for L size

post-1523-1234607277.jpg

Here are my old two TS bonnie hat... the photo of third one I put here some pages back...

I dont have better shots becouse I sold all of vn items years ago...

Cheers,

Jerry K.

post-369-1234638762.jpg

post-369-1234638785.jpg

Cop

you sometimes find the late war shirts with the double button pocket ,I have only had a couple , also the matching trousers have the double botton first aid pocket .

But these are harder to find !!!

Jerry thanks for posting your hats .

Is the embrodery Thai???

I wonder .

owen

Owen,

Late war pattern with double buttons pocket always have Black Buttons and the tone is quite dark and the material is quite heavy.

This shirt is "mid" weight, and all the buttons are Olive color. The tone is quite "chewing gum green", tha s why it attracted my interest

Cop

you sometimes find the late war shirts with the double button pocket ,I have only had a couple , also the matching trousers have the double botton first aid pocket .

But these are harder to find !!!

Jerry thanks for posting your hats .

Is the embrodery Thai???

I wonder .

owen

Now that is an interesting item, the button colouration is quite unique i would have thought?

Good shot of the rear of the shirt showing the "anatomical" aspect of this particular print.....

Patrick.

Owen,

Here is a late war with double buttons on the small pockets. The colour is darker than the other late war varaints. And all the buttons are black

post-1523-1234998332.jpg