Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Here are the matching trousers .

Cut almost like the US type but missing things like the take up tabs in the waist and the leg ties in the cargo pockets and also the first aid pocket inside the left leg pocket .

post-2009-1228506429.jpg

Here are the rear butt pockets .

Once again just like the standard .

That is it for me on this set, I hope you got a good insight into how sometimes things can conforn but at the same time not conform to the norm .

By the way all buttons are good quality raised back type .

All the best

owen

kammoman

post-2009-1228506903.jpg

vintageproductions

Jerome, that is a great boonie. I have had a couple in that pattern, and have always liked those over the basic boonies you see. The two I had were from a Riverine vet. I think Andrei ended up with one of them, if I remember right.

Cheers B

Dont forget your set in the same pattern is from the same time frame as this one ,only of a different weight .

o

Thanks for the info Owen, meaning they were issued sometime around 1963 ?

Here are some pics of our friend Captain Willard :lol:

010-8.jpg

009-8.jpg

008-10.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-6.jpg

Arc Light !!!

001-11.jpg

J

Very cool boonie hat there .

This hat is the hand screened type that only has the dye on the surface of the fabric , bottom line if you were to hand wash this boonie and scrub the dirt off some of the print would come of as well .

I have seen this hat in a well used condition where the pattern looks stone washed .

Your one on the other hand has lots of dark color and is full of life .

In all pieces in this cut every one has the large grommets just like yours .

owen

Hi Owen

Thanks for yours appreciations and indications about the fragility of printed twill i post you more details pics when i receve it

About yours Ammmmazinggggg w00t.gif Tiger set what do you think about the manufacturing is it tailor made or test sample made by Ciso ?

Cheers Jerome

Jerome, that is a great boonie. I have had a couple in that pattern, and have always liked those over the basic boonies you see. The two I had were from a Riverine vet. I think Andrei ended up with one of them, if I remember right.

Hi Bob

Thanks thumbsup.gif Do you keep some pics of yours boonies in yours archive i m really interrested to see it

I joint some pics of another boonie with same Tiger lining

Cheers Jerome

post-1486-1228658824.jpg

post-1486-1228658850.jpg

J

My set is custom .

The measurments are all weird to be issue .

The trousers are 36 waist and the inseam 31 .

The jacket has the gas flap by the way measures 44 .

It has the custom feel , not very sturdy as opposed to rugged manufacture like in Butchers 1964ish set .

o

vintageproductions

Jerome-Sadly, I don't keep photos of items I have owned unless they are really super / rare items. But, I didn't realize I had this one in stock. Looks very close to yours.

Andrei-I could have sworn you got one of the boonie hats, as it was at one of the San Diego shows, when the Vet walked them in.

tsb1.JPG

tsb2.JPG

Jerome-Sadly, I don't keep photos of items I have owned unless they are really super / rare items. But, I didn't realize I had this one in stock. Looks very close to yours.

Andrei-I could have sworn you got one of the boonie hats, as it was at one of the San Diego shows, when the Vet walked them in.

Hi Bob

thanks for yours pics i never seen one like yours before w00t.gif:blink: very beautiful

Cheers Jerome

J

My set is custom .

The measurments are all weird to be issue .

The trousers are 36 waist and the inseam 31 .

The jacket has the gas flap by the way measures 44 .

It has the custom feel , not very sturdy as opposed to rugged manufacture like in Butchers 1964ish set .

o

Thanks for your infos Owen outstanding custom made !!!!

Cheers Jerome