Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Classic VNMC 1st Pattern shirt, a pen pocket added on the left sleeve, material was taken from the interior pleat under the buttons. The shirt is well used, its chest pockets were lowered, in order to make the nametape visible (and not hidden by the collar). The size of the shirt is a little bigger than the later ARVN camo shirts

I love this shirt !

MF

Nice gold collection you are building up there .'

Golds look just as good mint as they do hammered so dont worry .

At least you can wear them and not feel guilty .

A

Wanna go for a swim ?

your beret is the exact same as my Mike Force one only yours is stone mint .

Copran .

I am begining to wonder about your spirit.

Do you even spend time reading over posts that other people take time posting ?

This forum is about sharing and talking about items posted you just seem to post your stuff and not notice what is going on with everybody else , this is sad .

If you had been paying attention you would have noticed the first shirt you posted was the same as the last shirt I posted and we could have made a point on this ,oh well younger Tigerstripe collectors today !!!!!

What is the world comming to ??

owen

Copran .

I am begining to wonder about your spirit.

Do you even spend time reading over posts that other people take time posting ?

This forum is about sharing and talking about items posted you just seem to post your stuff and not notice what is going on with everybody else , this is sad .

If you had been paying attention you would have noticed the first shirt you posted was the same as the last shirt I posted and we could have made a point on this ,oh well younger Tigerstripe collectors today !!!!!

What is the world comming to ??

owen

Owen,

I think I've missed a point, about which shirt you are talking ?

Cop

Check your posts and my posts and you will see the light .

owen

Owen,

I feel a little offensed, your last post was about the jungle set in TS or the SF shirt, none of mine deals about that, I will not be able to read all the 61 pages before posting. And as far as I know, we haven't done any trade yet, I can not have your item... Would you show me a light ?

BTW, your mail box is full ...

A

Your beret on post 1194 is super .

Nice top pattern .

o

Thanks O.

What do you think about the one on 1170 and 1171 ? I got it from eBay years ago, from the Toy section. Seller thought it was a kid garment.

A

Sorry I did even mention that one !!!

I was so in love with with the other one , I flipped out .

The willie pattern has always been one of my favs ,and the fact that you got the offending motef slap bang in the front of the beret ,you could not ask for more .

An old ebay hit ? super.

It has to be good as gold .

I once had a rain parka cut like a WW2 LST rain jacket in this pattern .

The beret would have looked great to match the 2 up for a PBR impression .

owen

MF

Your gold boonie .

UUUmmmm.

Let us see some more shots of it please .

I have seen hats made up from scraps of gold ,more common, but never a hat made from new pieces .

Look at my and coprans boonies a while back they are both what is considered gold boonies , but always come in a lightweight material.

An issue one has the grommets on the outside but they dont go through to the inside lining .

I like your hat though it has a great look to the eye .

o

Hi all,

if there is interest , i have some images i shot of a very nicely produced, Japanese made, reproduction, boonie that could prove beneficial?

It could be a good talking point and one to compare details with the originals posted in the thread.

Patrick.

vintageproductions

Here is another set of gold copies that was made in Japan a couple of years ago. These were made by The Real McCoy company which is large fashion company. We loaned them a dead stock set of gold's for their samples. Unfortunately the finished product was no where near the quality of MASH. They stamped the neck just like a proper gold set but also put in that goofy looking size tag. The other point was that these were selling for around $200.00 per piece, if I remember right. I can't find their catalogs right now to double check.

mccoys.JPG

thefallenbuddha
Here is another set of gold copies that was made in Japan a couple of years ago. These were made by The Real McCoy company which is large fashion company. We loaned them a dead stock set of gold's for their samples. Unfortunately the finished product was no where near the quality of MASH. They stamped the neck just like a proper gold set but also put in that goofy looking size tag. The other point was that these were selling for around $200.00 per piece, if I remember right. I can't find their catalogs right now to double check.

I have the latest Real McCoy's magazine-catalog, and they currently have Gold and Silver sets listed for 27,000 and 24,000 Yen each.

The photos look pretty good, but then of course it is a catalog, no telling what they look like in person.

On other matters, I have a tiger stripe question I would like to ask the esteemed "experts".

I got into a small fight the other day with a Japanese collector friend of mine here, who was very insistant that tiger stripe helmet covers were in wide use.

I've always had the impression these items were purely fantasy.

However, I suppose I could be corrected.

What I was wondering was whether any of you has ever come across, or could perhaps post a genuine wartime photo of any troops wearing actual tiger stripe helmet covers?

I have the latest Real McCoy's magazine-catalog, and they currently have Gold and Silver sets listed for 27,000 and 24,000 Yen each.

The photos look pretty good, but then of course it is a catalog, no telling what they look like in person.

On other matters, I have a tiger stripe question I would like to ask the esteemed "experts".

I got into a small fight the other day with a Japanese collector friend of mine here, who was very insistant that tiger stripe helmet covers were in wide use.

I've always had the impression these items were purely fantasy.

However, I suppose I could be corrected.

What I was wondering was whether any of you has ever come across, or could perhaps post a genuine wartime photo of any troops wearing actual tiger stripe helmet covers?

The ARVN used tigerstripe helmet covers, i have a pic somewhere but SOG never used them, at least not that i heard of or saw any pics !!!

Hi Owen,

I made some close up shots of the boonie, like I said it’s a tailor made and its made out of a old shirt or pants that’s for sure, on one or two areas I found some traces of old seams. I have some doubts as well!? I know the type of boonies like yours and the one from Cop, a good friend of mine have the same type as well and they are completely different.

I just wonder that the it comes with a original gold shirt and pants.

Take a look Guys

Cheers

Mike

MF

Your gold boonie .

UUUmmmm.

Let us see some more shots of it please .

I have seen hats made up from scraps of gold ,more common, but never a hat made from new pieces .

Look at my and coprans boonies a while back they are both what is considered gold boonies , but always come in a lightweight material.

An issue one has the grommets on the outside but they dont go through to the inside lining .

I like your hat though it has a great look to the eye .

o

post-4070-1226580972.jpg