Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Ah , the Elvis pattern .

This is the Vegas pattern as seen on the strip .

I seen Elvis wearing this getting a bacon cheese burger at IN and Out .

He ordered a side of french fries and a chocolate milkshake to go .

owen

hahah, the Elvis pattern ..., I think you should add Silver or Golden Elvis to separate the variant, and Elvis himself would have both of them, or better, wear them in flight suit on stage ...

I found these 2 hats in my boxes, they look both sian made, but I would like to know if they are Vietnam legit or not. Can someone help me.

Cheers

post-1523-1225840963.jpg

Cop

From afar the hats look like they have the look.

I like the one fade , but lets see a couple of close ups of the inside .

I like your jumpsuit Elivs tiger ,thats funny .

Sweet

o

While going through my racks today, I found this odd silver tiger stripe shirt. It is a basic Asian cut but the cuffs are doubled. I think we should now classify these as the "ELVIS PRESLEY VEGAS YEARS SPARSE " pattern.

post-492-1225836143.jpg

LMAO. lol.

Though to be a "ELVIS PRESLEY VEGAS YEARS SPARSE " it would have to expose more of the chest and have a much bigger collar, wouldn't it?

The cuffs are a good start. lol

I just recieved my early tigerstripe set , stamped L for large but i think it is more of a medium or small, i can wear the shirt but the pants are kind of way too tight :lol: , must loose some weight and they will fit just right !!!

I was wondering, do any of you have the same experience with sizes ? think.gif

vintageproductions

Also, you need to remember the the majority of tiger stripes are made out of 100% cotton. The size marked is the size before they were ever washed. No matter how careful you are, cotton will always shrink.

vintageproductions

The one exception to this is on the earlier gold patterns. These always seem to be cut much larger then what they are marked.I have tried on size US large gold shirts and they are cut more like a xl or double xl. In my experience it seems that the patterns after that, were cut more true to size.

From my experience from handling hundreds of tigers also finds that to be true Bob , also when the lightweight uniforms began to appear anglo sizes began to appear .

The shirt I showed you yesterday measures 50 ' on the chest , a massive piece for sure , and this is a lightweight shirt .

what is funny is the pockets , they look so small as they are not scaled up to match the large sized shirt .

o

vintageproductions

I forgot to add the ELVIS PRESELY VEGAS YEARS SPARSE trousers. The photo does not do these justice as they are cut like a civilian pair of trousers will awful bell bottom cuffs. I don't know why the photo doesn't make them look as belled as they are.

bells1.JPG

US medium or large fits me just right , of course i forgot as Owen said, this is L for Asian so it feels like a medium small , the set is unused and never washed and i will keep it so !!!

vintageproductions

That is another thing to always remember that a Asian style cut is always a size smaller then a US cut. A A-M, is equal to a US-Small.

vintageproductions

This is the set that I purchased at the West Coast Historical Military Collectors Show in Pomona, this last weekend. Like I said I have been chasing it for 10 years. They belonged to Major Jim Reid. He and I have had many arguements over the years when I would correct him on uniforms we talked about. Finally his comment was to me," you collectors can think what you want, all I know is, I issued these to the other advisors along with the berets". I guess I can't argue with him anymore as like Spikey said in a earlier post, these guys were issued this stuff to wear, not to match..

reid1.JPG

vintageproductions

He is supposed to bring me a photo of him wearing this set next week. Will post it when I get it.

PS Spikey, I take that as a compliment from the "KING OF FLOAT COATS".

Hi,

thats always the problem with tigers!, after you have wash a A-L or a L stamped pice you will have a US small size with a short length.

It could be a difference withe the early JWS pattern what its just stamped with a S, M or a L as well, but I am not realy sure !?

I have some of these early JWS garments stamped with L or M and there are all still after washing close to US large or medium, but thats just my experience.

Post some pics. of your new set w00t.gif

MF