Tiger Stripes

Andrei

I know this is a poor photo, but hopefully it will be useful. This is a tiger stripe shirt that I bought in the late 1970s or early 1980s. It is supposed to be a VN Marine shirt. I say supposedly because I suspect that the dealer put it together. Hopefully though, he used original parts. That is what I would like to know. Does this look like an original uniform? Or totally made up? I no longer have it, having sold this and all of my other tiger stripes when I was in grad school.

I am hoping to get back into collecting VN again and have enjoyed reading this thread!

post-203-1225073850.jpg

Hello

The picture is very clear, but I think this is a legit VNMC tiger stripes and patches, the question is whether they are original or put together.

Is there any nametape on it ? sometime it will surface on Ebay again

Cheers

I know this is a poor photo, but hopefully it will be useful. This is a tiger stripe shirt that I bought in the late 1970s or early 1980s. It is supposed to be a VN Marine shirt. I say supposedly because I suspect that the dealer put it together. Hopefully though, he used original parts. That is what I would like to know. Does this look like an original uniform? Or totally made up? I no longer have it, having sold this and all of my other tiger stripes when I was in grad school.

I am hoping to get back into collecting VN again and have enjoyed reading this thread!

post-203-1225073850.jpg

Hi All ,

The Tigerstripe thread has just been pinned !!!!!!!

Thats great now no more looking for it the depths of this amazing fourm .

Thanks to all so far in making this a great thread with fantastic information , unique items , rare color photos and imput from everybody .

It reads like a good bedtime book .

To celebrate I am posting the back of a mint gold tigerstripe shirt .

all the best

owen

post-2009-1225304569.jpg

Thats what I call a nice coloured tiger print! thumbsup.gif

You should show us the whole shirt Owen!

Thanks

Mike

Hi All ,

The Tigerstripe thread has just been pinned !!!!!!!

Thats great now no more looking for it the depths of this amazing fourm .

Thanks to all so far in making this a great thread with fantastic information , unique items , rare color photos and imput from everybody .

It reads like a good bedtime book .

To celebrate I am posting the back of a mint gold tigerstripe shirt .

all the best

owen

Hello

The picture is very clear, but I think this is a legit VNMC tiger stripes and patches, the question is whether they are original or put together.

Is there any nametape on it ? sometime it will surface on Ebay again

Cheers

Copran,

Thanks for the information! IIRC, it was not named. Hopefully it will show up again or even better one of you guys have it in your collection. If I can remember more specific details about it, I will post them.

MF

I was changing my maniquines last night and I took the set off .

This takes a couple of hours to do , I just took a qiuck shot before it was put on another guy .

Here is a weird back shot ., its the guy with the beret .

o

post-2009-1225307428.jpg

Okay!, you Guys looking nice so far thumbsup.gif !

I know thats a lot of work It makes me also sweating when I change clothes on my maniquine

Its a pain in the Axx!!!

Cheers

Mike

Changing 5 mannekins in the same, it must take you half the day, I always sweat when I have to take off or put the boots to them, at the end all my mannekins are barefoots, just like CIDG at the camp :D

Okay!, you Guys looking nice so far thumbsup.gif !

I know thats a lot of work It makes me also sweating when I change clothes on my maniquine

Its a pain in the Axx!!!

Cheers

Mike

If i'm not mistaking, I see some French leopard at the back of you man, would you make a French Indo Paratrooper or the ARVN para trooper ?

Is the hat made in Gold Pattern or in the strage Gold like pattern we talked few posts above ?

MF

Here is the guy awating his LBE gear .

The golds are mint in the brown fade and the boonie is also mint in the same fade .

o

Cop

I have never seen a gold boonie in the same material as the clothing .

I suspect the boonies fall into the same catagory as the earily Beogam patrol caps , that is ALWAYS manufactured from the lightweight material .

In the back ground is a 47 - 52 set set up as a standard French officer .

I have all of his gear except I put his radio in some long lost box that will turn up someday when I least expect it .

o

Ps cop

I just looked at the picture ,

In the background is a Rhodesian Camouflaged Combat vest .

Very rare old chap .

My lizard guy is in the other corner ,

o

Shame all those rare and fantastic Tigers reduced to peasent level.

Go to the fridge and get a beer , open beer and take drink

Go to war room .

Drink more beer .

Break Maniquinne in half .

Put legs upside down on chair .

More beer .

Pull on trousers

Put on left boot ,but some people like to put on the right boot first

Good, both boots are on ?

Turn over to right side up

Take last drink of beer

Tighten laces

Blouse trousers add torso

Bob is your uncle.

Go to fridge again

Repeat process untill dignity has been restored in war room .

post pix of war room showing clearly that you can tye boot laces .

Maybee that is the root of the problem .

They have help groups for that you know

I hope this helps

owen

ps this is for cop

Hi O,

thanks for the detail instruction!, thumbsup.gif these steps you are doing sounds for me exactly what I do with my Girl from time to time! think.gif but I do the stap with the clothes backwards :lol:

Anyway!, your gold tiger stuff looks absolute delicious! like chocolate it can't have a better colour!

MF