Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Md

All you have to do is go back a couple of pages and you will see the very same suit talked about .

It is NOT your suit but it is from the same contract .

This is called the Air Amercia suit .

Good score by the way .

owen

vintageproductions

Well yesterday was Kammo-Man's birthday and he was just a few minutes late getting to one of our local shows ( SOCALMICS, which is held monthly in Southern California). This was a piece I bought there. The seller found this in a trash can behind his place of business. Of course my first question was " did you dig through the rest of the bin?". This is a exact tailor cut to a 1st model exposed button shirt.

vnmc1.JPG

vnmc2.JPG

Hi All

What Bob forgot to say was , He called me a 7 oclock and told me to get down to the show to give him an opinion no the shirt because he thought it was a fake - copy .

I walked into the show , he gave me the look and said we have to see a shirt .

The vendor pulled it out of a bag and what a fantastic 1st cut VNMc 3rd pattern item .

The patches have been on for ever and I think there once was a name and USMC patches that have been removed .

As Bob stated the vendor found it in a dumpster behind his work at a grocery store in Torrence.

It just goes to show you what shows up and what is thown out in the trash .

Well done Bob on the find!!!

In the trash?

Good grief....if you want to go mad, just think about the things that have been lost this way over the years.

I need a lie down i think.

Great find Bob.

Patrick.

Hi all .

Well after that corner piece of a collection jacket it is hard to show anything.

BY THE WAY THE PICTURES DONT DO THE JACKET JUSTICE .

The green in the pattern are bright lime green .

This was my birthday weekend and I was able top score a Viet made VNMC cut cover !!!!!

The pattern is not VNMC pattern tiger but the cut is .

I have seen all patterns used in the construction of these caps and this is no exception, being a midweight fabric in a classic 68=70 tiger pattern .

The hat is marked with a 3 to the interior as well as a faint name , and has a salmon pink silk lining as well as a typical PVC sweat band .

You will notice the seam to the inside peak .

These hats were made locialy by seamstress from scraps and the seam is a result of this .

Enjoy

owen

Kammoman

post-2009-1222712252.jpg

Thanks P for the wishes .

I took the pin of and am fowarding Bob at Vintage Productions the close ups of it as you know he is THE man when it comes to this sore of thing .

I want to give you the right answer to your question .

o

P

Just so that you know , I put the the pin on myself because there was nice big holes in the front of the cap where the original owner had placed a pin on .

I had this on top of my computer and added it to glam up the cap .

That is why I didnt talk about it .

Bob said the pin is late 1950s US made with a promotion of the wreath that has been added later , making it kinda cool .

Owen

vintageproductions

The funny thing about the four pocket, is I did call Owen to see when he was going to get there. The show is held in a Fraternal Lodge building and the lighting is not always great. In the building it looked like the Thai made stuff you can buy now. Once he got there and we took it outside into the natural light there was no doubt it was right.

Bob .

You had a long weekend and your eyes were playing tricks on you .

The lighting in the building is very soft just like going to your grandparents house , you can even buy SOS in the canteen !!!!

This is a great little show , over the years I have found some cracker pieces there .

It is truely a you never know sort of show !

owen

Hey All

Well here is a set that just turned up .

It is posted on Jason Hardys site for sale .

It is a cut that looks like a VNMC set .

Set is mint and is in a mid weight fabric .

Crazy pattern with lots of motifs .

owen

post-2009-1222734970.jpg