Tiger Stripes

Andrei

so you literally did 'get into her pants' then ..?

I remember the early '80s when some of the UK bands were heavily into the 'military fashion' - eg. 'The Clash' and 'Echo and the Bunnymen'

I saw the Clash on stage with Mick Jones dressed in Tenue Leopard

with red beret of the French Airborne. I think it was back in the mid 80s.

vintageproductions

Man, Andrei, a bit dating yourself?

You also have to remember Ian & Billy from the Cult wearing tiger stripes and Vietnam tour jackets. In fact, that was how I met Ian at the Isllington show in London on Saturday mornings. I would fly to London to do that show and whatever else I could, in the mid-80's, about every other month. He would always be there to see what stripe I brought over. That was also when I would take over as many A-2's as I could to sell to Dave H., the manager of the Pretenders. I think if you can get Spkie to tell stories, when he was working in a vintage clothes store Joe Strummer would come in, and if he wasn't wearing tiger stripes, his girlfriend at the time was.

Also, about that time, I think it was in the Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Welcome To The Pleasure Dome. The lead singer is wearing a tiger stripe flight suit throughout the video.

Hi,

As Kammo Man said, RdJ's classification is just to help him to make more money, however, since a lot of people bought his book, this classification become more popular than the previous one. I made pictures of my sets, the same pattern than the ones showed by KammoMan. These patterns are the ones issued in the beginning of the war so more difficult to find than those made in light weight material.

The fist one with 2 pockets on pants cargo buttons and covered button on the chest pocket, without pleat

post-1523-1217761965.jpg

back, shirt is very faded while pants were modified by adding 2 additionnal cargo pockets, probabaly for the airborne guy

post-1523-1217765655.jpg

nguoi tien su

What a thread !!!

Owen, to echo your bag, here is what was for sale on ebay a few years ago. It seems to be dyed tiger?

16th_s10.jpg

16th SOS Spectre.

nguoi tien su

And as for the garment bag, I have found this one on my hard disk.

The pilot was a Nail FAC backsitter, late war I guess.

possib10.jpg

Ok so it is not tiger but it is the same cut as the last one but worthy of mention.

You can see to the interior the stitched and the selvedge that always appears in this cut .

Jerome this one is for you old boy .

Hi Owen

Excuse me for my silence i m in holiday

You show us some really desirable and rare Tiger Pattern

Your M.F beret is AAAAAAAAAmazing

Thanks for your Beogam cap pics

I contact you later

Best regards jerome

I saw the Clash on stage with Mick Jones dressed in Tenue Leopard

with red beret of the French Airborne. I think it was back in the mid 80s.

Hi Andrei and Bob

just some pics of clash members in TIGER SUIT

Cheers JEROME

post-1486-1217779566.jpg

What a thread !!!

Owen, to echo your bag, here is what was for sale on ebay a few years ago. It seems to be dyed tiger?

16th_s10.jpg

16th SOS Spectre.

Hi Francois

I believe your bag is strange Cambodian or Laotian Camo

A bientot Jerome