Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Here is a Viet cut Tiger shirt with a added pocket US style to the left sleeve..

There is also a China Boy patch added to the left pocket .

The pocket has been half removed and resewn in typical fashion.

The scarf is typical manufacture and has a name of the original manufacturers bolt of material to one end of its selvedge.

That is one of my all time favourite shirts, it was a great pickup.

Out of interest, who was the manufacturer of the scarf?

Patrick.

P

The scarf is at home ant I will look at it this weekend

and get a close up of whay it says.

Hey p I am trying to do the close ups like you do and can only make them the tiny size that you see .

I am doing rez 72 and width under 4"

I found a back shot of Willards shirt so check out the Green beret thread .

all the best

o

Hi Guys

I was cleaning up this weekend and found this stuff in one of my boxes!!!

I forgot I had this stuff.

First off is a neat Viet made tigerstripe beach type hat in the hard to find 1st VNMC pattern.

I will show some shots of this .

Next up is a custom 3rd pattern VMMC seawave set that is cut in a US 1st model jungle style.

The trouser belt loops are western style and are very cool.

have fun and enjoy my Tiger babies!!!

all the best

o

Hi,

I can't wait , please show them w00t.gifw00t.gif

Hi Guys

I was cleaning up this weekend and found this stuff in one of my boxes!!!

I forgot I had this stuff.

First off is a neat Viet made tigerstripe beach type hat in the hard to find 1st VNMC pattern.

I will show some shots of this .

Next up is a custom 3rd pattern VMMC seawave set that is cut in a US 1st model jungle style.

The trouser belt loops are western style and are very cool.

have fun and enjoy my Tiger babies!!!

all the best

o

A

You have a memory like an elephant!!!!!!

You only seen it once for a couple of seconds 6 years ago and you pulled that out of the memory banks .....

WOW ...

good job you win the "I know what you have in your collection more that you do "

prize!!!

for that you get 500 free air miles with Air Vietnam.

o

A

You have a memory like an elephant!!!!!!

You only seen it once for a couple of seconds 6 years ago and you pulled that out of the memory banks .....

WOW ...

good job you win the "I know what you have in your collection more that you do "

prize!!!

for that you get 500 free air miles with Air Vietnam.

o

The very best at this game is Copran, he know what you have in your collection, he can name the dealer you got it from on eBay, the price you paid and when you did get it...

I do remember this hat because I had considered buying it. You bought it with the cash I paid you for a bunch of jungle jackets you brought in.

Do you still have the MCARTHY jacket?

I think it had a weird patch set up with the airborne placement.

copran is the brain box then ?

o

Do you still have the MCARTHY jacket?

I think it had a weird patch set up with the airborne placement.

copran is the brain box then ?

o

Nope, cant remember McCarthy.

Now Valery has the two first Cav, the sig officer and the NCO with Yugoslav name. Copran got the IFFV 1LT, Beezman the AMCAL with Jungle Worriors tab and the others cant remember.

I think the only one I kept is the 25th Infantry W01 pilot of the DIVARTY with the huge pocket patch.

Thats right you are the 25id man...

Do you have all the year books??

I can point out my girls dad if you got them.

o

Am a lucky one, got them all. Tell year and page.

vintageproductions

You can both talk about memories, but I can one up this one. The VNMC set that is shown above, I bought at the MAX show years ago. I then sold it to Owen at a funky show in the LA area, that was in a parking lot of a fire training station. He and I were talking about the deal to do, and stopped to look at a table of original Ed Big Daddy Roth Vietnam stickers. These were that water applied types. He and I bought what was there, and started to walk away talking about the VNMC set. Not five seconds after we bought the decals, some fireman in training turned on a fire hydrant the wrong way and shot water all over the guys area where he was selling the decals. Luckily we had bought the guy out or they would have been destroyed right there.

Andrei and I can, I'm sure tell numerous stories together from the late 80's, up until I opened my first store in 1991.