Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Am I betrayed by my eyes or are they wearing TTA47 Allegée Camo ?

Hi,

There are likely some navy chest ranks (like in French army), they would be Marines, so it could be TS experimental VNMC pattern in the TTA cut. But I can not be sure

Hi,

There are likely some navy chest ranks (like in French army), they would be Marines, so it could be TS experimental VNMC pattern in the TTA cut. But I can not be sure

I think you are right...

Here are some pics of the middle war VNMC 1st pattern, the material is lighter and when it fades, it becomes more green-yellow while the early war pattern fades to grey (as the Marines shirt from Beogam). This pattern is the same of the one the capball from Beogam was made in. The QM stamp shows 1966

Cheers

post-1523-1192476147.jpg

This one is made in Late war pattern, but it has a inversion between dark green and light green, there is not brownish splotches. There are also a epaulets. This makes me think that would be the TS used by Khmer Special Forces.

post-1523-1192476998.jpg

As far as rip stop tigers not being from Nam era, well that is incorrect. I had 2 sets from a Marine Lt. He gave them to me. I also have 2 rip stop tiger berets from a now defunct Vietnam museum. They were donated by a vet. Johnson told me that these rip stop tigers were not Nam era, haha. I don't think he liked my reply when I told him they were from the Lt. Just wanted to share that info with you.

As far as rip stop tigers not being from Nam era, well that is incorrect. I had 2 sets from a Marine Lt. He gave them to me. I also have 2 rip stop tiger berets from a now defunct Vietnam museum. They were donated by a vet. Johnson told me that these rip stop tigers were not Nam era, haha. I don't think he liked my reply when I told him they were from the Lt. Just wanted to share that info with you.

Hello,

Would you share the pics of your Rip Stop TS and the 2 berets ? I really to see that.

Thanks

nguoi tien su

Yes rip stop material was used by the VNMC/TQLC late war. Be patient, I'll send you a pix in a few weeks...

Spike, can we get close ups on your shirt??? Thanks !

Bn1961,

I'm just curious to know when your Marine Lt vet made his tour in Vietnam ? was he advisor ? because I understand that almost the Corps went home at the end of 1971, only the members of the VNMC advisory stayed in 1972. The Thai Large TS was supposed to be issued during 1974 and probably the Rips Stop Thai Large TS in 1975, so it can not be issued to your vet, except that was a souvenir he brought home.

Cheers

hochiminhtrail

what about Defense Attache Office "DAO" personel who stayed after the 73 peace agrement, i think they used to wear civilian cloth most of the time, but you know how military guys are, you allways have your set of camies stored somewhere.

I jus cant recall how big the DAO was, but i think 1 or 2 thousand? trough out the country.

cheers

Alex

hochiminhtrail

do you guys have photo of early vnese Lizzard pattern, transitional to tiger stipe. Does it even exist Vnese lizzard patern ??

Cheers

Alex

do you guys have photo of early vnese Lizzard pattern, transitional to tiger stipe. Does it even exist Vnese lizzard patern ??

Cheers

Alex

Vietnamese used French TTA Lizzard fatigues and Jump Jacket (47/52 and 47/53) during the 50s for its airborne troopers, during the 60s only Lizzard jump jackets are still on use by the LLDB and Airborne as private purchased uniforms, (47/56 jump jacket can be seen). There was no Vietnamese copies of Lizzard camo that I know.

Relative to french camo jackets, I can add that:

TTA lizzard jackets are still used by the south vietnamese airborne forces in the early 60's till 63-64

TAP (airborne) jump jackets 47/56 are seldom seen worn by Lao soldiers (a pic from Khong Le circa 61 depicts him with 47/56)

Some US advisors assigned to the Team 162 worn 47/53 lizzard jump jackets badged with svn patches. Few years later, CIA advisors in Lao worn 47/53 and 47/56 too.

Cheers

Valery

The SVN made their own version of the French TAP smocks, 47/53 style. Dont we know some pics of the Abn Div color guard wearing them ? I cant remember if they are made of léopard or ARVN pattern.

Am sure that Vu will give us the answer.

hochiminhtrail

Some pictures would be great w00t.gif

Cheers

Alex

The SVN made their own version of the French TAP smocks, 47/53 style. Dont we know some pics of the Abn Div color guard wearing them ? I cant remember if they are made of léopard or ARVN pattern.

Am sure that Vu will give us the answer.

If I can still trust in my mind, these jackets are made of ARVN pattern. However beware of current vietnamese junk copies made with poor condition ARVN jackets "airbornized" with large snapped pockets and beaver tail added. thumbdown.gif

Cheers

Valery

If I can still trust in my mind, these jackets are made of ARVN pattern. However beware of current vietnamese junk copies made with poor condition ARVN jackets "airbornized" with large snapped pockets and beaver tail added. thumbdown.gif

Cheers

Valery

Hello,

I ve one this 47/53 jacket but I still wonder wherether it s authentic or not, I bought it from a Vietnamese guy in Ohio who said he got it from the ARVN Vet, he put some repro Airborne patches on it and said me he wore it during Viet vet reunion. I will post its pics alter to get your opinions.

Here are some pics that I took from a ARVN Airborne Website

post-1523-1192730901.jpg

Some pics of ARVN in French Jump Jacket some of the wore 47/56 pattern. Do some of you know which spot pattern is it the guy in Duck Hunter jacket ?

Thanks

post-1523-1192731058.jpg

post-1523-1192731259.jpg

post-1523-1192731321.jpg