Tiger Stripes

Andrei

This shirt has it's own topic...maybe you should check it out.

My mistake, thanks Spike, didn't see the topic , anyway, looks real to me , dont like the name tapes but hey, anything is possible !!!

As spike said check out the thread for this fake .

The ebay seller has over the years sold some real items , no doubt .

But on the flip side has also thrown in a few clangers .

Members on this forum have been taught a lesson by him .

Usually at their expence .

As previously stated in the thread this set up is a put together .

owen

Hello,

It takes a while to come back to my favorite topic, here is a pictures of VNMC in several tiger stripes pattern (even ERDL)

Owen, several of them wear the 66 transitionnal pattern

post-1523-1245441400.jpg

Awsome shot .

Compaired to the previous fake TS shirt above it is a breatn of fresh air !!!

Do you have more sir ??

owen

Owen,

Unfortunately, no more pics, I was quite happy to see transitionnel VNMC 66 pattern looked like in real :D .

Here are the latest addition to my collection (and the last missing cut), an early model of Silver (JWD) pants with only 2 cargo pockets and a rear pocket without flap. The matching shirt is the one with peaked pocket flap (they are called Airborne cut, but i din't see any pics with Airborne trooper wearing that, I d say the cut is from french TTA uniform inspiration).

It s amazing to remember that the shirt was my very first Tiger Shirt ever made purchase ($65 at this time in 2003, a big amount money for a student), the pants bought in 2009 cost me $190, between these 2 moments, I have had to opportunity to have between my hands almost 300 tiger stripe garments (ebay purchase, friends exchange, items from friends collection ...), some of them are not discussed in Johnson book. Thanks for collecting Tiger Stripe, I met new friends (in France and US, Japan...), talked to several vets ... Only missing now some rare variants in Tiger Stripe, but it's just money matter because i know their potential sellers, but probably new items will go ebay in the future.

It s time to upgrade my collection focus even it will remain about SEA wars... TS stayd secondary (I plan to upgrade my blank TS to Patched TS, if I have the opportunity to find some original patched garments)

post-1523-1245580231.jpg

Very very nice mate.

Well done, good to see you got the trousers :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, I ve just found out that my pants were identical to the pants showed in page 85 from Sgt Hulka, it s uncredible, because I missed this auction years ago, they were sold to the polish guy who later traded with his friend who finally sold them to me through ebay.

It s amazing to remember that the shirt was my very first Tiger Shirt ever made purchase ($65 at this time in 2003, a big amount money for a student)

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

What about raising a fund for CryBabyCopran ? Some benefit gigs or limited edition T-shirts, etc... ? Any idea welcome.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

What about raising a fund for CryBabyCopran ? Some benefit gigs or limited edition T-shirts, etc... ? Any idea welcome.

Andrei,

the statement is just to show how price of TS change since these last 6 years. it reached the peak with the $10 000 for a VNMC 1st pattern shirt & pants.

All

One must remember RJ did not cover all patterns nor cuts in his book .

The naming of patterns by him is just plain silly .

Some of the names are quite embrassing as well as the logic put foward by him .

Items such as Airborne cut is quite redundant as I am sure some of you would agree .

But a first pubicilation on a subject is typically full of holes and or mistakes .

Cop to say the last cut , is subjective to say the least .

I feel you still have more work to do !!!

owen

vintageproductions

Andrei-I remember Farm-Aid, Band-Aid,Live-Aid, so should this one be named Cop-Aid or Tiger-Aid?

Bob Geldoff just called and said Elton John is on board !!!!!

Tiger Aid is in effect .

Breaking news............

Spike just said KISS will play for free ..............

I have a confirmation from Steve Jones that the Sex Pistols will play .

owen

"Spike just said KISS will play for free .............."

2 chances mate, NONE and sweet F.A......KISS do NOTHING free.

looks like old cop will be missing one band for the show .

It sounds good Cop AID :D , but only need TS for wear and Tiger balm for heal. I appreciated that KISS come for free. Spike, will you introduce me to P.Staley to see him without make up ...

Hi fellows,

today I received three new peaces to extend my tiger collection!, I hope you Guys enjoy it !?

The first one is a classic RM US stamped Gold shirt .

post-4070-1245788008.jpg

The next shirt is also a classic Gold shirt stamped M but with a amazing odd green fade!

The picture doesn’t really reflect the real colours of the shirt ( it’s just a little bit to dark I guess )

post-4070-1245788147.jpg

The last piece is a classic John Wayne pants in a huge US-XL size and HAMA zipper.

It has some period alterations to make it a bit smaller but it’s still a very big size (about W35-L35)

post-4070-1245788253.jpg

And the stamp

I’ am very happy with my newest goal !, especially I could get it for a very low price.

I wish you Guys all the best and happy hunting !!!!!

post-4070-1245788321.jpg