Tiger Stripes

Andrei

bravo_2_zero
I've tried looking through this thread, but it's too big. Could someone tell me this is a commercial or repo. I found it today in a goodwill store, and do not know anything about tigerstrip uniforms. Thanks in advance.

I was in Grt. Yarmouth ,Norfolk England 15 years ago and i visited a surplus army stores there just off the back street to the local market. The guy had just got in a shipment from the local USAF base. I picked up a set of NYCO 3 color desert cam that turn mint green ( very 1st issue no reinforcements) and a set of night desert cam too.

Anyways he had hanging behind the counter a full badge US-SF tiger set of this in the fatigue cut that came in with the shipment. As i remember it was £45 for the full set inc. pants.

thanks for your reply, thumbsup.gif

to complete the informations: I find the trousers in a friend military stuff in germany, who take it in US base there, so I am shure, it was use in us army but when? so, it's not a modern copy like we can find on ebay, not the same materiel, made, .......,

but like I am not shure of this origine, that why I appreciate your participation!! thumbsup.gif

for the jackets I found it on ebay, and I think the same about their coming

thanks

This type of print was big through Guns and Ammo back page adverts and such like , so it was a common tiger item through out the 1980s and 90s .

owen

This type of print was big through Guns and Ammo back page adverts and such like , so it was a common tiger item through out the 1980s and 90s .

owen

all thanks for this definitive information!! thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I obtained this tiger stripe shirt and trousers a couple years ago from the estate of Staff Sergeant Charles E. Popham, 5th Special Forces Group. I was told he did several tours in Vietnam. He received the ACM and two Bronze Stars. Prior service with the 1st Infantry Division.

If anyone knows more about him, please let me know.

post-229-1240389742.jpg

HG

I dont know your guy but what is cool is his mixed match tiger set .

When did he serve ?

The shirt is 68-69 time frame but the trousers are a weird cut ,only seen on hunting cuts .

This is not to say they are , as I have seen a added on waist band like this before on custom cuts .

Can you show anyother shots of the trousers .??

owen

049-2.jpgThe pants have a pattern that match my airborne cut or should i say, SF cut tigerstripe shirt but they do have a touch of zig-zag pattern as well thumbsup.gif

bravo_2_zero
HG

I dont know your guy but what is cool is his mixed match tiger set .

When did he serve ?

The shirt is 68-69 time frame but the trousers are a weird cut ,only seen on hunting cuts .

This is not to say they are , as I have seen a added on waist band like this before on custom cuts .

Can you show anyother shots of the trousers .??

owen

Owen i have seen this cut sold a few times by the eBay trader Sgt. Hulka

here is a set

post-2821-1240418441.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

Owen, I believe he served during that time and into the very early 70's. Here are some more pictures:

post-229-1240448887.jpg