Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Now that is an interesting item, the button colouration is quite unique i would have thought?

Good shot of the rear of the shirt showing the "anatomical" aspect of this particular print.....

Patrick.

I loved the buttons on that shirt. That's not the flash, they were all that vibrant color.

--Chris

Lovely zig-zag pattern, not easy to find thumbsup.gif

It was the only one I've ever come across.

I wish I could afford to keep everything I find, but unfortunately this was sold to finance another purchase...

---Chris

Different angle .

These boonies always are halflined with black cotton and have low quality air vents that dont go through the liner .

Owen,

Making my way through this mountainous thread and I thought I would add that I've had two of examples of the light weight gold boonie you mention. Mine also had size stamps in the top of the crown (see pic). Both were tiny and appeared to be unissued.

----Chris

post-235-1235153574.jpg

0001368fd8.th.jpg

0001371br0.th.jpg

0001372ne6.th.jpg

0001373tc1.th.jpg

0001374aa7.th.jpg

Here are a couple more pics.

Unfortunately, with the relative ease of making a beret I know there is always a chance it could be fake

Matt,

Cool tiger beret! Jason Hardy had one virtually identical to yours for sale several years ago. I also have one that came from a Mike Force guy, but it was never worn and it does not have the M.F. insignia. Thanks for sharing.

---Chris

Here is a mint large size 47-53 that I had in my collection .

Sadly it is long gone but you can see a stunning example of pre -Tigerstripe camouflage .

Again this is one of my old photos .

Cop

That jacket is the same custom pattern as my tigerstripe beret .

owen

Hi Owen

Just some pics of mint "47 Allegee renforcee model"

Cheers jerome

post-1486-1235242049.jpg

suite

I don t know if i do an error but the Mike Force band look like print or hand writting ????

Hi,

the name tap looks hand written to me the Mike Force tap looks more printed or like silk woven version???

Cheers

Mike

Hi,

the name tap looks hand written to me the Mike Force tap looks more printed or like silk woven version???

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Mike more sharps eyes is better thumbsup.gif

Cheers Jerome

Thanks Mike more sharps eyes is better thumbsup.gif

Cheers Jerome

Would be interesting to know for sure if silk woven MIKE FORCE taps was existing ?, like the rare silk woven US ARMY taps ?

Mike

Would be interesting to know for sure if silk woven MIKE FORCE taps was existing ?, like the rare silk woven US ARMY taps ?

Mike

Excatly Mike silk woven US ARMY taps is rare but we can find it but M.F i really don t know but why not !!!!

Cheers Jerome

Hi All

Things have been moving along nicely on the tiger thread .

I just spent the last week in Las Vegas doing the old fashion business that I have !!!!

Chris

Hi there , you used to have a cool Phalic pattern shirt .

They always have those pockets shape but I have never seen one with the lime green buttons .

I have had several of these shirts and they always had a dark emrald green buttons , that also goes for the matching trousers I also had .

I may add the trousers took me 8 years to find and are the cut as mentioned in RJs book .

I have seen the silk MF tapes efore but I have seen lots of different in-country styles from gold on tiger and gold on black to black in tiger , endless variations .

Thanks to all for posting your French cammos !!!

I have now got something great to look at .

owen

vintageproductions

Was going through some 60's issue of Time magazine this morning and found this pic. Great camo variants, of tigers and caps. Plus the US advisor is wearing leopard pattern trousers and a exposed button shirt. But of course, someone will say they were never worn like this.....

advpic.JPG

post-467-1236034090.jpg

American Green Berets in Position for War on Terrain

Original caption: Nha Trang, South Vietnam: Their Own Kind Of War. Members of the US Special Forces of "Green Berets" have their own kind of war in Vietnam. Here (in 1964 photo from files), two Green Beret advisers show Vietnamese Montagnard tribesmen how to operate a 57mm recoilless rifle so they can defend their village against Viet Cong attack.

Image © Bettmann/CORBIS

Green berets, Beogam hat and tiger stripes... enjoy !

post-467-1236034332.jpg

Cambodian Mercenaries Inspect Arms Cache

Original caption: SAIGON-2/6/70-: Cambodian mercenaries inspect arms cache said to be one of the biggest Communist munitions caches uncovered in South Vietnam. Their "Mike Force" battalion, led by US Green Berets, found the supply area about 45-miles northeast of Saigon. US advisers said the cache possibly held enough military supplies for a Communist division.

Image © Bettmann/CORBIS

post-467-1236035128.jpg

Soldier Being Helped to Helicopter

Original caption: Song Be, S. Vietnam: Assist To Evacuation Helicopter. An American Green Beret (right), and a South Vietnamese soldier assist wounded Vietnamese soldier to medivac helicopter following fighting near the Special Forces camp at Duc Phong, 40 miles north of Saigon, September 9. South Vietnamese spokesmen said government casualties reached a two-month high 502 dead and 1,210 wounded--during fighting last week. It was the highest casualty toll since the week ending June 14 which saw 516 dead and 1,424 wounded.

Image © Bettmann/CORBIS

Photographer: Shunsuke Akatsuka

Date Photographed: September 11, 1969

Location Information: Song Be, South Vietnam

post-467-1236037369.jpg

Lt. Donald F. "Dutch" Schnably, 21, Weston, W. Va., the executive officer of Special Forces team A-239 at the Duc Lap Special Forces camp two miles from the Cambodian border in Quang Duc Province in II Corps in December 1969. The camp was manned by Nung mercenaries, U.S. Special Forces soldiers and soldiers from Battery D, 5th Battalion, 22nd Field Artillery Regiment. It was under regular rocket and artillery attack from North Vietnamese Army (NVA) soldiers who surrounded the base. A few days after this photograph was taken, on Dec. 1, 1969, Schnably was killed by NVA mortar fire.