Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Which dealers??

o

...for starters the one you were talking about and i can tell you that there are many in the WW-2 collecting world as well but then sooner or later they get on the crap list and that is where they belong :lol:

A long time ago I posted a French cut M47 -53 tigerstripe jacket from a 5 set grouping all tailor made for 1 guy in Vietnam .

In this grouping there was ..

WW2 US camoulfage

Tigerstripe

Green

Black

Lizard .

Well as this thread is about Where Tigerstripes came from well here is one of its cousins .

If the Lizard pattern is carefully analysed you can see the basis for the stripes them selfs .

Here is the jacket .

post-2009-1233964943.jpg

The trousers have been cut in the French style but have a different back pocket .

They were made from a different lot of material .

On the jacket the browns have been printed first .

The trousers have the green printed first .

this shows us the level of thought given to the printing process !!

post-2009-1233965393.jpg

here is another jacket from the same grouping .

this is the only one with different pocket set up .

this has No poppers on the pocket flaps .

You can also see the tiger pattern.

Note the US style take up tabs at the rear .

These follow the 1st jungle jacket pattern

post-2009-1233965847.jpg

I think there are several green stripes missing in this tailor pattern, but clearly it s a 47/56 french pattern

And unlike the other jacket this one has hidden buttons .

That is it for me on these pieces .

Remember Tigerstripe is Lizards stepchild and with these pieces you can see the Vietnamese were still producing the pattern long after old French stocks had run out .

I am now off the the Red Lion German pub for a good night out so have a good weekend boys .

owen

post-2009-1233966358.jpg

And unlike the other jacket this one has hidden buttons .

That is it for me on these pieces .

Remember Tigerstripe is Lizards stepchild and with these pieces you can see the Vietnamese were still producing the pattern long after old French stocks had run out .

I am now off the the Red Lion German pub for a good night out so have a good weekend boys .

owen

Hi Owen

On the page number 6 in this topic maybe you can find some patterns like your set thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I really like you jacket in Pink twill w00t.gif the second man from the left maybe your lizard set with fur collar like you pink jacket

We can say day after days some new patterns come in ours documentations thanks for yours POSTS

Cheers J

post-1486-1234040633.jpg

Hi Owen

just some pics of another shirt with " gones out colours stripes"(just big fade on this one) 47/52 camo allegee reenforced type shirt

Cheers JEROME

post-1486-1234110072.jpg

post-1486-1234110092.jpg

Jerome .

That guys jacket looks real close to me .

The small angle on the pocket appears similar .

You have a great eye !!

B2o .

Maybee your trousers are Iraqi ?

o

Re: Lizard Pattern / Special Forces

Hello,

I have only recently started posting on this forum. It seems a good opportunity to exchange and develop information. So, to extend the dialogue on Lizard / Tigerstripe, and the use of Lizard during the 1960s, I enclose a couple of images of a well-used M47/53 French paratrooper jacket that has interesting concrete and documented provenance. I acquired the jacket directly from a named former 5th Special Forces 1st Lieutenant who had worn this jacket during from late 1968 until March 1969, when he was medically-evacuated from his A-Detachment at Dak Pek, Central Highlands, 6km from Laos. The Lieutenant (who was also a District Co-Ordinator for the Phoenix Project) had been given the jacket by the SVN Dak Pek local camp commander, Captain Nguyen Van Hoe of the LLDB, who in turn had acquired the jacket from a French officer, stated to be a Lieutenant, in the 1950s.

What is revealing about the jacket is that it illustrates successive generations of ownership - above the left breast pocket are two holes from where the French officer would have suspended a bar-mounted three-decoration-wide medal group, and correspondingly, above the right breast pocket are the small paired holes for the French metal jump wings. Early in the jacket's life, either by the French officer or the subsequent SVN officer, the jacket was taken in at the sides in order to present a more tailored look. The LLDB officer subsequently applied his own insignia, to include the stitch-marks of the SVN cloth jump wings that were applied over the position of the French wing pin-holes. There are also loose threads that suggest other insignia was crudely hand-stitched to the jacket, to include both upper breast pocket panels, and both upper arms. Above the left breast pocket flap there are traces of where an insignia, of the shape/size of a cloth US Para Wing, had once been attached.

When the 5th SF officer was given the jacket in late 1968, it was stripped of insignia. The jacket shows considerable use, and is patched/repaired consistent with use. The main zipper is broken, and all the original French brown plastic buttons to the fly-front have been lost, having been replaced over time with mis-matched Vietnamese-made green plastic buttons.

Apart from presenting concrete documentation to a specific period, region and context, this jacket offers a perspective on the prestigious status of camouflage garments, whereby a garment is handed down through successive individuals.

Pluto

London

post-4733-1234210752.jpg