Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Can't seem to get a clear shot as the paper the magazine was printed on either uscks in all the light without flash or bounces when a flash is used.

Hope this scan is a little bit better ...

VNMagscan01.jpg

Snake

The material looks good to me , however it appears to be made yesterday .,

good to wear to the shops .

owen

Thanks to all. Live and learn. ;)

Snake I have been looking for a hat just like the one you have. Would you be willing to let me know where you got it - if there are more - or if you would consider selling it?

Snake I have been looking for a hat just like the one you have. Would you be willing to let me know where you got it - if there are more - or if you would consider selling it?

Let me get the size for you. I wear a size 7 1/4 boonie, this one fits a little snug on me but I can wear it without cringing.

I agree with Kammo-man, good fabric and most people at shows have said the same. I was out on construction but have the intel now. Like I said, live and learn.

PM me.

Snake36bravo, out.

Has anyone checked out e-bay, there some exceptional tigerstripe items on auction and what i love about this seller is the quality of the pics that clearly show the item w00t.gif \

gold-shirt-mint.jpg

marine-tiger-suit.jpg

8.jpg

tsset.jpg

tgr-hat.jpg

8256_1.jpg

7277_1.jpg

God that was a long time ago! i rember seeing that issue at kaiser Bills way back in the day :)

p

A bit off topic but since you posted those nice boonies I decided to post mine and get your opinions:

erdlbooniequadpic.jpg

Its ripstop fabric and in a large size (id say 7 6/8 or 8). Ive thought about it being post war made using surplus ERDL fabric. I got this last year from an Ebay seller from Vietnam.

what i love about this seller...

Hello Butcher,

i am sure you are aware that this individual is perhaps one of the most infamous of sellers.

His general stock-in-trade is at the very least the misrepresentation of the originality of many of his items.

He does of course list original things from time to time, but consider that for each original item you get from him, he has probably fleeced 10 other collectors before you.

Not somebody i would choose to enrich.......

Hello Butcher,

i am sure you are aware that this individual is perhaps one of the most infamous of sellers.

His general stock-in-trade is at the very least the misrepresentation of the originality of many of his items.

He does of course list original things from time to time, but consider that for each original item you get from him, he has probably fleeced 10 other collectors before you.

Not somebody i would choose to enrich.......

Thanks for the hint but unless he sells other items than listed i think the items he has now for sale are all legit and he does offer money back if the item is not as stated , if one can rely on the feedback from e-bay customers , his suggests opposite , not one negative or neutral feedback !

vintageproductions

Sasha-Patrick just gave you very good advice you should listen to. Just because his feedback is good does not mean anything. Look at all the fake patch makers out of Vietnam, they all have 100% feedback ratings. For everyone else who is not aware of who is selling these tiger stripe items, it is our friend in Oakland Nhay Du.

The tiger boonie he shows Is probably assembled recently using the tag from pj's, he got me with one several years ago. Also watch his berets which are assembled using the sweat bands and liners from real berets. They look the tits until you start to examine them closely.

Yours, Guy.

Guy,

very true.

His berets caused all sorts of pain a few years back.....That is how i became aware of his "activities".

Patrick.

Guy,

very true.

His berets caused all sorts of pain a few years back.....That is how i became aware of his "activities".

Patrick.

crying.gif Me too sadly Patrick. I bought a JWD with hot pink liner, It looked marvelous In the pics but when It arrived I could see the empty holes In the sweat band. An expensive lesson learnt.

Yours, Guy.

Butcher .

I looked at your post and IMO the stuff looks great .

His tigers are all nice and there is even a set I would like to own .

Hover this guy is a known RIPOFF artist and just for that I would keep my money .

Call it collector morals or even old fashioned but he has burnt almost everyone in the collector world , for what it is .

For this charge he would not ever get my money .

I have a friend who got a WW2 piece of VERY rare camouflage from him and I tell you this , My mate hates looking at it , just because it came from this seller .

That is pretty strong thoughts for a serious collector .

Bottom line , it is up to you what you do .

Stuff is stuff , and you might even get a deal .

But he is a ripoff merchant .

I am glad Bob named him as well ,as hopefully other collectors will read this and NOT bid in his fake stuff

owen

However this guy is a known RIPOFF artist and just for that I would keep my money .

Call it collector morals or even old fashioned but he has burnt almost everyone in the collector world , for what it is .

For this charge he would not ever get my money .

Owen,

i fully agree with that sentiment.

There is quite enough tigerstripe in the world to collect without feeding the sharks.

Patrick.

vintageproductions

You need to ask Jeff Ashenfelter about VNMC pattern tiger stripe berets from him. He gave Jeff a super lame story about how the family of tailors buried these when the Communists took over, and just recently felt it was safe to uncover them and sell them to tourists. When Jeff confronted him, he finally admitted they were new made, and that all dealers do this type of thing.

I don't know about other dealers, but I don't have time to cut up good tiger stripe pieces and make anything out of it. Would rather sell the garments on their own merits.

Damn it, i'm not living in a fools paradise but what has this world come to , no wonder this crisis or should i even say depression is caused by human greed which is known to have no limits , unfortunatly dealers in the collecting business are no different thumbdown.gif:(crying.gif