Tiger Stripes

Andrei

vintageproductions

While sorting through a box of photographs tonight, I found this photo of one of coolest pieces of Tiger Stirpe I ever owned. This was cut identical to a WWII Jump Jacket. Every bellow, pocket, zip, etc. Probably 20+ years ago, Spike found this on a guy walking around Great Western Gun Show. He then brought it to me and I believe we did some trading on it. I kept it for many years, until I sold it at a weak moment in time (okay. actually I was broke). Have never seen it surface again, would love to know what happened to it.

tsjj.jpg

Bob,

Any information about the material ? ( poplin like or heavyweight ), it looks like Filipinos TS for me.

Really cool jacket.

While sorting through a box of photographs tonight, I found this photo of one of coolest pieces of Tiger Stirpe I ever owned. This was cut identical to a WWII Jump Jacket. Every bellow, pocket, zip, etc. Probably 20+ years ago, Spike found this on a guy walking around Great Western Gun Show. He then brought it to me and I believe we did some trading on it. I kept it for many years, until I sold it at a weak moment in time (okay. actually I was broke). Have never seen it surface again, would love to know what happened to it.

post-492-1232250384.jpg

post-492-1232250384.jpg

Hi Bob

Very nice jacket you show us here , i ve got the same in Duck hunter

I try to post some pics next week

Cheers Jerome

vintageproductions
Bob,

Any information about the material ? ( poplin like or heavyweight ), it looks like Filipinos TS for me.

Really cool jacket.

It was definately not Filippino tiger stripe material. It was extremely well made, probably done by a Japanese tailor, classic heavyweight material.

Spike .

Thanks for the spell check .

Bob

What a fantastic jacket .

This looks like that heavy weight fabric to me .

It always has the same look .

Some old school airborne guy just went the extra mile and got a special set made for himself .

owen

B

you are right .

My brian has not had its 15 pints of Guiness to unlock its secrets yet .

o

You have that problem too Owen! thumbsup.gif

I have the same problem except that after I have downed 15, it's everybody else's secrets that get unlocked. w00t.gif

Leigh

Hello

It seems that our friend from Oakland has some new arrivals. The embroideries are identical to the Capt SMITH shirt sold months ago. Be careful ...

post-1523-1232486285.jpg

Here is a nice and different cut of Tigerstripe cap that you dont see everyday .

It comes with a handmade wing on Herringbone cloth to the front .

The peak is in the poplin material just like the 2nd jungle set in tiger I posted before .

post-2009-1232672757.jpg

Here is a nice and different cut of Tigerstripe cap that you dont see everyday .

The peak is in the poplin material just like the 2nd jungle set in tiger I posted before .

Owen, could you post a picture of the interior? Thanks.

Very nice hat Owen, I wonder if it s a Korean or Taiwan made cap, the pattern is like the one that was made in the Bush Hat showed few posts before

I just got in a nice pair of Tiger Stripe Shorts.

The waist adjustment tabs go through a sewn on tunnel (or so) on the backside. Waist is about 31.5"

Unfortunately two of the tiny buttons are missing, they have a 3/8" or 9mm diameter

Does some one have some in spare? w00t.gif

IMG_8497.jpg

IMG_8498.jpg

IMG_8499.jpg

IMG_8500.jpg

What a special jacket .

This jacket has great form .

The pattern is crazy .

Did you see the Beogam vests on your Beogam Page?

o

Hi Owen,

Yes i see the Beogam vests post by Bob whaouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!! i m come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the strange Tiger shirt i believe we can call it MONSTER TIGER PATTERN thumbsup.gif

Cheers Jerome

PS the police man is me not Cop :lol:

I just got in a nice pair of Tiger Stripe Shorts.

The waist adjustment tabs go through a sewn on tunnel (or so) on the backside. Waist is about 31.5"

Unfortunately two of the tiny buttons are missing, they have a 3/8" or 9mm diameter

Does some one have some in spare? w00t.gif

Hi constabulary

You can see my Tiger shorts collection with follow http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=8631

cheers Jerome