Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Here is the full shirt.

It was missing the name tag which is a big boo , but who cares ?

It is late war in the heavyweight material and is a size A-L

the jacket is almost mint condition and all the patches are married into the garment .

I hope you all enjoy this shirt as much as I do

owen

post-2009-1226351253.jpg

owen

This site has some of the most remarkable collections i have seen.

This thread has some of the most remarkable uniforms in collections!

Owen, that is world class.

Congratulations.

Patrick.

Spike

You know what I think ?

I wrote that down in my Belfast Accent!!!

Marred , it is hard for me to say that other word.

Thanks for correcting me though , you are right of course .

owen

kammoman

Spike you are correct on the wings .

you get Coprans girlfrinds used socks

P

thank you it is indeed a classic shirt .

o

Owen,

awesome shirt you got there!, its a one of a kind!, I wish I could find things like that on a flea maket in Germany!!

Spike,

thanks for sharing the scans from your book!, I never saw that before!

About the MASH repros,

is it true that the MASH company produce all the uniforms with the old historic machines in Okinawa?

I heard or read that somewhere and I just can't believe that?

Cheers

Mike

hochiminhtrail

damn :blink: i should move to the states, i ll need a green card asap :lol::lol:

Here is the full shirt.

It was missing the name tag which is a big boo , but who cares ?

It is late war in the heavyweight material and is a size A-L

the jacket is almost mint condition and all the patches are married into the garment .

owen

MF

But you can find lots of other cammo that make people all over the world go weak at the knees if you are lucky enough .

Thank for your thoughts on the shirt .

I still am in a bit of shock to be honest .

Bob will know the Mash answers ,but I can tell you I have a set and will have for a long time , the stuff rocks and blows the ts products out of the water .

o

Yes you right with the other camos but unfortunately no tigers!, Germany is a death valley for tigerstripe collectors!

Lets see what Bob means about the MASH story!?

Thats it for me toady.

All the best

Mike

MF

But you can find lots of other cammo that make people all over the world go weak at the knees if you are lucky enough .

Thank for your thoughts on the shirt .

I still am in a bit of shock to be honest .

Bob will know the Mash answers ,but I can tell you I have a set and will have for a long time , the stuff rocks and blows the ts products out of the water .

o

vintageproductions

Well, Spike might be wrong on this one. I think the wings are Taiwan, ROC. A lot of 1st group guys trained the ROC Special Forces. These two countries wings are very similar in appearance.

Patrick,

my VNMC Advisor set is a swap I did with Bob some years ago.

Got it against a Levi's 501XX indigo, Big E, dead stock.

Owen,

your SF captain shirt is very cool ! Remind me the ARVN ERDL heavy weight NCO shirt that Bob had for sale on his website. As far as I remember it was an Ethan's pick up.

Spike,

I have this issue somewhere in my mess. I really dreamed over those pics for years.

Tomorrow I will post the rest of my tigers. Shorts and berets.

Well, Spike might be wrong on this one. I think the wings are Taiwan, ROC. A lot of 1st group guys trained the ROC Special Forces. These two countries wings are very similar in appearance.

Uhh ... I gotta say Spike *is* right. I have both Filipino and Taiwanese wings and they are indeed of the Phillippine pattern. The wings I think you are referring to are the Taiwanese SF wings which, if my memory seves me correct, had little a mountain scene in the central motif!

Since I am work currently I do not have my usual references at hand but I willl check them tonight.

vintageproductions
Uhh ... I gotta say Spike *is* right. I have both Filipino and Taiwanese wings and they are indeed of the Phillippine pattern. The wings I think you are referring to are the Taiwanese SF wings which, if my memory seves me correct, had little a mountain scene in the central motif!

Since I am work currently I do not have my usual references at hand but I willl check them tonight.

Also, Philippine jump wings, have smaller motifs in each color section of the wings. Before, I posted my comment I double checked my collection of Philippine jump wings, and they all had the extra details in the tri-color section. Both countries wings are very similar in design. On double checking, aren't PI wings also evenly divided in the three parts of the center? While ROC wings the white upper section takes up half the section, while the bottom, blue and red sections are quartered?

vintageproductions

About the MASH repros,

is it true that the MASH company produce all the uniforms with the old historic machines in Okinawa?

I heard or read that somewhere and I just can't believe that?

Well lets call this Tiger stripe / Urban myth #1

When Hara-San of MASH contacted me in the late 90's to make the first set of golds, they borrowed two of my sets to copy them. He contacted various material printers around Tokyo & Osaka, untl he found one that he thought would work. The first run of "golds" was incredible when they were done but there was one major flaw. The would never fade, like real tiger stripes. Hara-San's comments were" There are no more cheap material printers in Japan, I guess the technology is too good now".

So when the silver patterns were being planned he found a older Japanese material printer who still did everything in the older styles of the 1960's. It was all done by hand, not by computers, which Richard Johnson is always proclaiming how MASH did it. When these were done they were dead on. The print, the fade, the wear, etc.. After the second run of these were done, unfortunately the printer passed away, and his kids did not want to print old style anymore, they wanted to use new technology. This is where the MASH tiger stripe story ends. He and I have been looking for another old style printer but have come up empty handed. I would love to have them make more and I know he would like to also, but he is a perfectionists, and will not do anything hap-hazardly. This is why MASH's remakes are all so incredible.

Hello,

I see that other forum members were very active last night while all french collectors were drinking beer. Here are some TS I think never posted before.

1st one, a late war reversed pattern it s quite subtle to see the difference

post-1523-1226398280.jpg