Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Well that was my little dog , so here is my big dog who just sent me this picture from his camp in somewhere in the iron trangle .

As you can see he is wearing a 1963 issue shirt that he was given for protection against the bombs and bullets .

This ones name is Daiblo and is a Boston Terrier .

The other one is a French Bulldog

owen

post-2009-1222289856.jpg

Nice dogs Owen, are you not afraid that they bite your mint tiger items :P

here is a pic of the shirt I got recently of the guy from the 101 AB, with the paper of his Capt allowed him to leave Vietnam with his Tiger uniforms

post-1523-1222292084.jpg

post-1523-1222292120.jpg

cop

My dogs always wear tigerstripe everywhere they are tuff nuts .

I like the letter that is real cool .

you missed the auction ?

Shame on you , nice pieces

the trousers are very special , I love this pattern , look at the shapes they speek for themselfs .

owen

Hi B

I also agree with Spike and Bob that your Tigers are MASH reproductions .

And here is why so that you know for future refence .

The Mash Co makes THE best repo Tigers ever , they take this very seriously but besause they have ethics there is a couple of falts built into the garment .

1 ...You will notice your germent has been washed ...leaving whitesh marks all over the garment , these look like fading you find on denim and similar cloth , this is not found on genuine 1960s tadploe tigers . Genuine tigers were vat dyed thus cureing the ink to the garment , Mash only printed the pattern using regular ink.

2 ....If you look at the stripes themselfs you will notice there is bleeding or smuding of the stripes .On the genuine pattern the stripes lines are sharp and true .

Mash put this in the stripes so that collectors would not be ever fooled by their repops .

3 ...... the zip is Wrong ...it is brand new .

Mash made this pattern in 2 different colorways the one you have is the Anglo print , the other is a Viet print .

Richard Johnson bought a set of the ARVN tigers in a XL size on Ebay thinking they were real , but as we all know there was never a XL ARVN cut so ever the self proclamed tiger god was fooled bt MASH .

He then tryed to pass them off as real .

Go figure .

I own a set of the mash Tigers and wear them all the time , they fit great and look great .

I cant remember what I payed for them but they were worth every penny but they are repros nonthe less .

I hope this helps

Owen

Kammo man

Hi B

I also agree with Spike and Bob that your Tigers are MASH reproductions .

And here is why so that you know for future refence .

The Mash Co makes THE best repo Tigers ever , they take this very seriously but besause they have ethics there is a couple of falts built into the garment .

1 ...You will notice your germent has been washed ...leaving whitesh marks all over the garment , these look like fading you find on denim and similar cloth , this is not found on genuine 1960s tadploe tigers . Genuine tigers were vat dyed thus cureing the ink to the garment , Mash only printed the pattern using regular ink.

2 ....If you look at the stripes themselfs you will notice there is bleeding or smuding of the stripes .On the genuine pattern the stripes lines are sharp and true .

Mash put this in the stripes so that collectors would not be ever fooled by their repops .

3 ...... the zip is Wrong ...it is brand new .

Mash made this pattern in 2 different colorways the one you have is the Anglo print , the other is a Viet print .

Richard Johnson bought a set of the ARVN tigers in a XL size on Ebay thinking they were real , but as we all know there was never a XL ARVN cut so ever the self proclamed tiger god was fooled bt MASH .

He then tryed to pass them off as real .

Go figure .

I own a set of the mash Tigers and wear them all the time , they fit great and look great .

I cant remember what I payed for them but they were worth every penny but they are repros nonthe less .

I hope this helps

Owen

Kammo man

Thanks a lot Kammo man , i know they are repros and i bought them as such , also like to wear my tigerstripes :lol: Now i'm on the hunt for some real tigers , missed a great set last week on e-bay but something will show up sooner or later , thanks again Kammo thumbsup.gif

Ok will you 2 kiss and make up ???

Just for fun here is my Mash tiger shirt that I wear to shows ,flea markets , doing the grocery shopping and to my girls horror any time when visitors , like her mother is comming over for sunday dinner!!!

well I just made the last bit up but you get the picture .

A load of us got the shirts at the same time so I had 1 leg of tiger material found at a flea market and we had MF and name taps all made up!

All in all a good shirt to kick around in ,with out the guilt of messing up a real one .

have fun

owen

Kammo man