Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Bonjour,

Gervasi ,Gervasi this name rings like a bell. think.gif I don't know if I'm right but someone with a very close name (I really think that isthis name) was an insignia maker specialized in french airborne DI. From stickers or patches he was able to make DI and sold a lot of his items during the 80's.

Cheers

Valery

PS

Copran, always nice stuff! thumbsup.gif

You are right Valery. This is this Gervasi. He did a lot of strikes of unauthorized french insignias in the early 80s.

IIRC the 1er Régiment de Hussards Parachutistes was the only outfit to authorized the troop DIs, dubbed the pizza pies by the troops.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

A friend of mine sold this shirt to an English guy, but he returned it back telling this shirt is probably a repro. I was quite surprised when he tols me that because there was no red flag as I could see when I had it on my hands, and I didn't hear anything about repro made in Late war pattern. The main concern from this buyer is the material doesn't feel silky but rather like polyester.

That s why I 'd like to ask your help for this shirt. Do anyone have a MINT late war shirt and tell me how the material is like

Thanks a lot for your help

post-1523-1216158002.jpg

Also, the buyer is suspicious about the buttons,

Here trhe back of the shirt, you can see that some of the black stripes start turn to purple. Pleae provide your opinion if the shirt is legit or not

post-1523-1216158104.jpg

nguoi tien su

Copran, I am very surprised !

I would say that from behind my desk, it looks good ! As far as I know this pattern is not faked in Vietnam, nor in China or Thailand (for the moment...)

NTS