Tiger Stripes

Andrei

Dear American collectors (and all the others),

Would you show some of your Tiger Stripe items, I suppose that many of you have Tiger Stripe uniforms in your collection. Pictures will be also welcomed.

Since we, french collectors, know each other and had already seen our own collections. We will be happy to share any information about Tiger Stripe or other ARVN + US Advisor camo uniforms we have, but we are also looking to see items from you, we think there are many fully badged, beautiful camo uniforms around there in the USA that we don't have the opportunity to see.

Cheers

I realize this is not a very good picture. It was taken on 26 Dev 67 while we were preparing to go out on patrol the next day. I am on the left in issue leaf pattern jungle utilities (actually traded for from USAF Air Police at Danang AB). Ron Kitzke (KIA 27 Dec 67) in the middle with old cotton tigerstripes, and Bobby Earp on the right with Vietnamese tailored leaf lattern camo (no, he did not go to the field in that white "T" shirt). By thidss time, our access to tiger stribes was limited to the ones the Vietnamese tailor made from Viet material and the old issue ones were pretty much rotted off. Kitzke was one of the last to still have a relatively servicable set because he didn't wear them in the field very often.

post-1107-1200011103.jpg

Here is another picture taken of Recon Team Dutch Oven while we were waiting on the LZ for the helos to take us to the bush. There is quite a hodgepodge of uniforms, including some mix n' match but there are a couple tiger stripes in there.

post-1107-1200012934.jpg

This is the last picture that I could get my hands on quickly. In this one, Rodriguez is using the spotting scope to find targets in the valley for our sniper rifle. He is also holding a pair of field glasses. we used the field glasses to find promising targets because they had a wider fieeld of view, Once we found something that looked good, we used the high powered spotter scope to make sure it was an enemy (armed) before we engaged it with the sniper rifle.

post-1107-1200013284.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
South Vietnamese Marines on patrol

post-467-1208808374.jpg

Here 's my shirt made in 1966, big size, in VNMC 1st pattern Tiger Stripe. This Shirt comes from the Admiral VETH's souvenirs.

Cheers

post-1523-1208812383.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

By checking my hard disk, I found several Tiger Tripes that I took from a website of the unknown advanced korean collectors (that is closed now). These pics helped me a lot (when I didn't have enough money to by a RdJ book) to make the difference between the patterns when I started collecting Tiger Stripe 5 years ago. I'd like to share it with you, maybe they can still help some new collectors in Tiger Stripe or Vietnam camo.

I start with differents tones of the Golden Pattern (or Advisor Sparses)

post-1523-1214343078.jpg