NEW style USAF Rank and etc.

36-tex

I assume these are being worn on the new ACU fatigues for the USAF. Info on these? Have they been around and this is the first I have seen of them? They are blue on a olive gray.

post-98-1244218822.jpg

Yeah, those are ABU stripes.

-Ski

We might also add that they come in the 4" wide and 3 1/2" wide versions. The smaller ones are for females. I just finished my set of these except for a Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, but getting those might be dang near impossible!

Oh yea.... there are officer ranks now in these colors for wear on the ACU.

Lee, I just got these in a tub of USAF chevrons from a sewing shop. There was a major and captain rank in there as well as these and a couple specialty badges.

That would actually be "Airman Battle Uniform"....I've got a bag of the chevrons I'm going to put up for sale as soon as I can get motivated to take some pictures...I've got all the ranks I think except E9..

Mark sends

That would actually be "Airman Battle Uniform"....I've got a bag of the chevrons I'm going to put up for sale as soon as I can get motivated to take some pictures...I've got all the ranks I think except E9..

Mark sends

Just to cover the E-9 pay grade takes quite a few chevrons in this set. Ya got Chief Master Sergeant (both 4" and 3 1/2"), E-9 First Sergeant in both sizes, Command Chief Master Sergeant, again in two sizes and finally a Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force. As far as I know the CMSAF is only made in the 4" size. That's still 7 chevrons to cover the USAF E-9 pay grade stripes just in this new subdued series.

Just keeping up with all the new stuff is almost a full time job! :w00t: (Will the fun ever end?)

I love those new ABU's. I live near Robins Air Force Base and see them all over town. I don't know how practical they are, but they really look nice and I especially like the fact that the Air Force still wears full size enlisted ranks on the sleeves of its camouflaged uniforms instead of on the collars.

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought a few sets of ABUs over the past few months. They have not yet started to sell in my shop. Hopefully soon.

I just wish we would go back to the greens. I hate the new uniform.

Scott

I had fun buying my first set of ABU's last week. Once I had the right jacket/pant sizes, then I had to make sure I had the correct shading. They had three different choices that I needed to match! Although the AF is working to standardize the uniform materials, what's out there will need to be used up.

-Frank