514th FS 406th FG Photos

M60 Driver

Here are two photos from the 406th fighter group. Top photo includes a Capt. Jones, Lt Saux, and Lt. McClean. I do not know who which one was nicknamed "Woody".

Bottom pic shows nose art for Bloom's Tomb which is noted in Beck's book "Fighter Pilot. Ground crew includes Sgt Pendleton, S/Sgt. Orr, and Cpl. Haumann.

post-779-1176587889.jpg

post-779-1176587906.jpg

• 2 years later...
Johnny Signor

The men in the first photo are all wearing the emblem of the 514th Ftr Bmr sqd,they were known as "The Raider Squadron",this Group was the first AAF unit to get the HVAR Rockets and put into use, thanks for the cool photos !!!!

• 5 years later...
Johnny Signor

The 514th Fighter Squadron patch looks like a an aerial bomb standing upright wearing fighters cape, belt near tail fins a Uncle Sam hat and has thin arm's w/boxing glove curved in front of body, he has a snarling facial expression and in standing on the corner of a fighters "Boxing ring" with ropes behind him on each side and a ringed round background .

Johnny

It was also designated a Fighter/Bomber Squadron as was the 406th Group

littlebuddy

The 514th Fighter Squadron patch looks like a an aerial bomb standing upright wearing fighters cape, belt near tail fins a Uncle Sam hat and has thin arm's w/boxing glove curved in front of body, he has a snarling facial expression and in standing on the corner of a fighters "Boxing ring" with ropes behind him on each side and a ringed round background .

Johnny

It was also designated a Fighter/Bomber Squadron as was the 406th Group

Thanks Johnny !!! hope that Choc chip cover is serving you well !???

Johnny Signor

yeah , wore it once already to a show ,thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished making a 426th Night Fighter Squadron patch , working on a sign for a man's bar front , 487th Fighter Sqd , will post on the link when it's done , he'll also be posting it on the VLJ site for me too .

Got an order coming for 11 patches of the 120th FS and another 11 after I get those finished .......................

littlebuddy

You going to be busy then buddy !! Ill have to place my order when you get time !!

• 5 months later...

Hi! I am producing an educational interactive timeline of the Strategic Bombing Campaign for the American Battle Monuments Commission. We wish to incorporate the photographs at the top of the thread of Capt. Jones, Lt Saux, and Lt. McClean and Sgt Pendleton, S/Sgt. Orr, and Cpl. Haumann in the interactive as visual accompaniment to the history of the 406th Fighter Group. Please email me at [email protected] so we can discuss licensing and credit. Thanks!