Your Soldiers Final Place Of Rest

Bugme

Two heros ...

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5609/nor20no5.jpg

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9084/nor24xn5.jpg

wildcat123

The crew of the B-17 Tomahawk Warrior in Arlington. I have some items belonging to the co-pilot Albert Dion

post-1095-1244085688.jpg

As I'm over here in Germany, and not where I belong, Washington State, I can't take a picture of my mother's brother's (my uncle) grave in Enumclaw, WA., Mark Cinkovich, who was KIA on Okinawa, a member of the 77th I.D.. My aunt named me when I was born, my middle is Mark, and my son's name is Mark.

One of my cousins wrote a nice story about him. I'll take a picture of his grave next time I'm home. salute.gif

http://www.crossofdiscovery.com/2004/12/no...en-soldier.html

Two heros ...

General Theodore Roosevelt Jr.

Next to him is buried his brother, Quentin Roosevelt, who was shot down in WW1.

Steve

This great-great-Uncle may not be a "hero" in the eyes of most people. The family just restored his headstone to add his military service. Prior to this, anyone who saw his marker would wonder why he died at 20 AND in December 1861 before there were any big battles in the War. Last month a memorial service to dedicate his new marker and included a cannon volley by an original 3-inch ordnance rifle.

Pvt Robert E. Cole enlisted early in the Civil War and marched off to do his duty. During the winter months at Camp Beauregard, KY, Pvt Cole and other members of the 22nd Mississippi Regiment died of pneumonia, including their commander Colonel Bonham. Years later, the surgeon of the regiment wrote in a letter that the camp had an outbreak of meningitis. His father traveled to Kentucky and returned his son back to their home in Black Hawk (in Carroll County), Mississippi for burial.

Pvt Robert E. Cole

Died Dec 1, 1861

Black Hawk Rifles

Co. G, 22nd Mississippi

His father, Pvt Richard W. Cole, was one of 20 Confederates killed in the Battle of Fort Pillow(aka the Massacre) and his burial location has yet to be discovered.

Steve

My heroes are 3 members of my family who died in WW1 & WW2 (the Swain brothers died in WW1 and a Bradbury died at the hands of the Japanese after Singapore), however they aren't American.

One of my 'American' heroes is actually Irish but served with the USMC during the Vietnam War. He is buried at the St. Pancras, Islington and Finchley Cemetery in London, UK. I came across Arthur Fisher's grave whilst visiting the grave of my wife's Nan & brother. The finding of Arthur's grave was what got me into researching the Vietnam War after 25 or-so years of researching WW1.

A photo of Sgt. Arthur Fisher's grave, that I took, can be found at: HERE (ignore my e-mail address as that is now defunct).

Another hero of that war is Robert Jacey Todd, USMC, who went MIA on the very day I was born in '67; I wear an MIA metal band everyday since I found out about him.

A photo of Sgt. Arthur Fisher's grave, that I took...

I took the liberty of posting this photo here for you.

108448620.jpg

I'm the current caretaker of the uniform of Major General Stonewall Jackson, commander of the 84th Infantry Division.

Arlington_Cemetary.jpg

I took the liberty of posting this photo here for you.

Thanks Bugme. I actually took that photo on the day I discovered Arthur's grave but I lost the photo amongst the 3,000+ photos I am currently filing away!